Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4A-GE spark plugs...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 02:49 Go to next message
Ok I've just been quoted the rediculous price of $32 PER spark plug for just some standard run-of-the-mill spark plugs for a 4AGE. Can someone please let me know what other engines have the same sort of spark plugs because that price is just fkn rediculous...

Cheers,
Kev
  Send a private message to this user    
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What, where did u get that price from that is crazy, at supercheap you can get normal NGKs for $4 each and the iridium ones are $18 each or and the better bosch plugs are about $35 - $40 for a pack of 4.
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
running bosche super 4's in my smallport 4ag, they've been fine for about 20,000k's so far. cost me about $45 for a set of 4, after seeing how they work tho i wouldnt get them again the spark isnt consistant and jumps to one of the 4 terminals randomly. if you can afford it i'd go the irridiums if not go for some platinums. shouldnt pay more than 10-15$ per plug. or if your really cheap some ngk plugs for about $5 each should be fine. Just a matter of finding out what size the thread is i cant remember but i think its something like a 16mm?

Cheers,

Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two shops have both looked it up for me, standard NGK plugs for a 4AGE are currently priced at $26 wholesale....

If worse comes to worse I'll probably try to get them to ring Denso or something...

Kev.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i just slapped them super4's in my 4ag the other day Confused , but i also picked up a pack of cheap bosch for $12 (4pack)
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats gotta be the platinum or irridium ones for that price. find out what the thread size is and get some cheaper plugs that will fit. Bosche plugs are generally good value for money.
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Leo, cough, come for drive, cough, up here, cough, this weekend.

Lol seriously man, I'll pay for your loom, give you the JDM loom free, pay you to buy some super-cheap spark plugs for me, pay you fuel to stop off at sam's first, pay for most of your fuel to get here...

DO EEET

Kev.
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ngk : BCPR5EY

thats what im running in all 3 ge/gze's at home. gapped tooo.... 0.8 iirc

works a treat only $4 a pop. they just dont last as long as platinums.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea originaly had ngk's on my 4ag but the bosch was cheaper so i got em but ended up using the super4's

and omfg kevin u live like 7hrs drive away dood Confused
if i get this 4ag running then ill drop down (maybe on sunday)
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4A-GE's originaly had platinum plugs in them from new, to be changed every 100,000km according to the service manual. So when you get Toyota to look up the parts, thats what you get. But obviously you can use anything else, as long as its the right size etc...
Phrostbyte
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Thu, 08 September 2005 14:03

ngk : BCPR5EY

thats what im running in all 3 ge/gze's at home. gapped tooo.... 0.8 iirc

works a treat only $4 a pop. they just dont last as long as platinums.

Cheers for that serial number man, aparently those aren't actually specified for 4AGE in the NGK book, but are the same size etc, and only $4 each. Anyone kno whether 1.1mm gap is ok? That's what the guy told me I'd need. It's a JDM AE86 96kW bigport, circa 1986-88.

Kev.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to stop listening to "guys"

look up the NGKspark website in Aus, it has listings for 4AG.

to make it easier.. http://www.ngkspark.com.au/

either BKR6EP-8 (0.8 is standard gap) or BCPR5EP-11

there are a few sites you can eaily find to see what the code means. (ie google for ngk spark plug codes)
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My 4A-GE was realy sensitive to plug type, would only give nice smooth power on platinums. Cant remember what I paid for them though..
It was an adm smallport.
toy_rolla
Regular

August 2005
Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Thu, 08 September 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the difference between the ngk standard and the ngk platnium is the duration,

the platnium last for 100,000km while the standards only last 20,000. the stardars are around 4 dollars each and the platium are around 18-24 dollars.

iv got the standards and there is no difference in them

thats in a small port 100kw sx motor
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Fri, 09 September 2005 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you read the tech data on the NGK site, they also talk about flame propogation and flame quenching as other reasons to go with platinum. the 0.4 vs 0.6mm tip discussion is interesting also.

most modern engines have a good enough spark already, so there is not much to be gained, but if oyu run high rpm or forced induction, then they may be of benefit.

biggest difference for me is that it is harder to clean iridium or platnium plugs, whereas standards are cheeap enough to throw away every few months..
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4A-GE spark plugs... Fri, 09 September 2005 05:36 Go to previous message
exactly given the gze runs a hint rich anyway it filths up the plugs over time. so my pick is to get the $4 ones and replace them 5 times as often.. i know it costs the same as one set of platinums but if they are going to get filthed up anyway.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Current Toyota Mark X (Chaser)
Next Topic:Custom Interiors
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:05:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062150955200195 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.