Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 03:49 Go to next message
Anyone want to have a stab at what this picture means?

http://www.toygarage.com/images/you_cant_but_celica.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh its a prototype that they were testing, and they learnt a lot about racing then produced it as a production model.
EnFlaMEd
Regular

September 2003
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno. Implying that Toyotas available to the public have technology developed through motorsport incorporated in there design the same as these days?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"no soup for you"??
i dunno probably means that they get most of their tech from racing
..just a wild guess
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arent they still saying this now? with their F1 cars? Razz
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty simple! its our race car,so it isnt for sale!but you can by our road going version!. cant believe you had to ask!lmao
makes me think,well really i cant buy it,ill just have to build a better one then!lol
mick
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea toyota have the same kinda thing going atm

"we race, we learn" etc etc Smile
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... I can't see pneumatic valves or rpm's of around 20,000 in production cars for a while.
Maybe they are trying to be like honda and learn how to make massive wings and paper thin panels.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that isnt a prototype, its the TA22 GT race car, back in the "Old skool" 70-73(or somewhere around there) days.

they're obviously advertising it as "youve seen it on TV, and weve learnt, now, buy the road legal version"

if anyone wants, i can source the plastic model kit of this race car Very Happy (only 1 in a shop in town that i know of though)

Eldar.O.
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's the whole Ad

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-Celica-ST-AD-RALLY-RACING -CAR_W0QQitemZ7181689491QQcategoryZ13564QQssPageNa meZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Johnny
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They wrote the caroff, shut the team down and now the technicians are looking for a job?
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sat, 10 September 2005 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not Rally car but GT

Good luck,Johnny

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1970-Toyota-Celica-1600GT-T A22-HASEGAWA-1-24-JAPAN_W0QQitemZ7348186014QQcateg oryZ9142QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sun, 11 September 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
all i need is the headlight covers and mine should look the same as that picture but with a different color + rear spoiler Thanks to Toymods and its members for making it happen.

regards fonzy.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 09:38]

72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sun, 11 September 2005 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Way to go Fonzy.
Pics please Very Happy

Johnny
w810sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Sun, 11 September 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
i have some how made some headlight covers, but i would also like the transparent ones. The headlight covers are a one peice while that one in the pic looks like a 2 peice held on the bonnet.

regards fonzy.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Mon, 12 September 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w810sc wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 07:31

hi,
i have some how made some headlight covers, but i would also like the transparent ones. The headlight covers are a one peice while that one in the pic looks like a 2 peice held on the bonnet.

regards fonzy.

You can get them off Yahoo Japan occasionally for around AU$1500 !

My TA22 used to look like that car, minus headlight covers too... -_-
72PASSEDU
Regular

December 2004
Re: You can't buy this toyota Wed, 14 September 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found a Rally Celica Model Kit
Good luck, Johnny

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item=5998707114&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA: IT
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: You can't buy this toyota Wed, 14 September 2005 02:36 Go to previous message
there are about 3 or 4 kit of the car pictured at the top of the thread on yahoo atm....

as well as 2 KE15's Shocked Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:google humour: search for 'failure'
Next Topic:Low overhead antivirus software.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:54:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060548782348633 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.