Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What to buy?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why dont you buy one of those newer import coronas?

i saw one once, very tidy looking

Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they lack balls ie 1.8L efi engine with F series heads. The later caldina's are what i want but they aren't available for import. Sports model comes with Beams 3sge and 3sgte.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not that i really want u to buy a gt4 cause then you'll whore our thread Laughing but has this one gt4 turned u off them completely ? must of been some dodgy stuff or somethin ?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO i am still interested in GT4's (although the talk of the maintenance bill wards me off a little) the guy emailed me last night to try and rectify the situation but i am still not comfortable with buying the car so i'll just let it go and wait for something to come up.
It all depends really on whats around when i am looking for a car, personally i'd never thought of buying a corona but my uncle offered it to me so i bought it. Something like this is bound to happen and i'll buy something way out of left field that you would never think of (the ae111 levin kinda fits that description).
Who knows the only thing i am certain of is the car will more than likely have plenty of money spent on it in the time I own it.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not all that 'fly' or 'hip'
but apparently the prius has now got SEVS compliance available and you can land+comply them for approx 15-19k$
THAT would make an interesting car to modify yet is cheap on petrol. Would make for a great challenge..

Im no expert but i believe its crazy fast off the line because of the electric motor.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
refer to i another i drove a prius thread for my opinion piece on them Laughing
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

its not all that 'fly' or 'hip'

That's not an issue as neither is Rona.

Quote:

but i believe its crazy fast off the line because of the electric motor.

Nah, its not anything special off the line. I drive one from time to time and it goes as well as you would expect a new small/medium car to go. No better.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 03:56]

db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX5

END THREAD.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX5 with Flyin Miata twin screw supercharger kit Razz

so which pulls da chix better...

a) Prius
b) Corona
c) MX5 with supercharger....

Cool
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MX5 would get the chicks but every guy would think your gay.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You worry too much, If your MX5 looks fat enough then only Bogans will call you gay.

Not that theres anyting wrong with that Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 13:29

MX5 with Flyin Miata twin screw supercharger kit Razz

so which pulls da chix better...

a) Prius
b) Corona
c) MX5 with supercharger....

Cool

kind of an oxymoron...

I thought corona was gay?
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:00

MX5 would get the chicks but every guy would think your gay.

just watch corky romano and see if youll ever drive an mx5 Smile
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have seen pics floating around the net of an mx5 with a highlift kit and huge off road wheels. That is an mx5 that i would drive. Laughing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:03

kind of an oxymoron...

I thought corona was gay?

Laughing
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who gives a fuck what some bogan thinks of you / your car? oh that's right, you live in campbelltown.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes there are bogans everywhere and some of them are my friends another thing the mx5 would probably be easy picking at the station ie cut roof etc.
db__
Regular

August 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, but if they think the car is gay wouldn't there be a less likely chance that they would steal it? Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so ride a bike to macarthur square and chain it up there... and drive car on weekends Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who said anything about macarthur square i catch the train from minto Razz . At Macarthur square stupid chicks just forget to put their hand brakes on and their echo's land on top of JZA61's.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 04:14]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona, one word:

helecopter

eliminate the need for train travel
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh my bad.. i thought you got trains from campbelltown and i was confusing st andrews with glen alpine...

ahh well, you're fucked.. there's no car for you Razz Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:14

corona, one word:

helicopter

eliminate the need for train travel

at todays petrol prices Shocked
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread is the best laugh I have had for ages Laughing

When do we start taking bets that he will just keep his Corona and yet keep this thread going about all the cars he doesn't want to buy?

"Spend your money on rubs and tugs" Classic!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lol whats even sadder is it made 3 pages now, i seriously am going to get a new car and it will be befor uni goes back next year (march) more than likely it'll be late november to early december depending on how much i choose to spend.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when I grow up, i wanna be a fire engine
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:20

you sir are an arse
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 13:51

MR 1JZ wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:20

you sir are an arse

then I have failed at my fire engine quest then havent I Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets get it to 4 pages.

Get

a

1987 Mitsubishi Colt wif 4G63 conversion

or

2003 Model Daewoo Matiz, a real mans cars.

Most people are just repeating ideas from earlier in the thread now.

I reckon a commodore would still be a good option, you already have the HRT jacket to go with it! bogan *cough* bogan
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=5632&am p;parentid=0&stocknumber=03-02800%20%20STAMPED

http://www.flyinmiata.com/Store/images/03-01700.jpg
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats it VN or VP Commodore....end of story.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i have more than the jacket, theres atleast 2 hats, three or 4 polo shirts (one fully signed by holden drivers from 2003), a t-shirt, three huge wall mounted framed posters, shall i go on.
But nah i wouldn't mind a commodore i just want something reliable though soo Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:27

thats it VN or VP Commodore....end of story.

sif i'd get one of them. one of my mates has an VN ss though ahahaha he just blew his gearbox Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a V6 camry and put commonwhore badges on it..

best of both worlds for a bogan Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got a manual touring at home no thanks.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, V6 camry would rip the corona a new arsehole on the old pac Razz
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe it spin the inside wheel in third gear going round bends Shocked (the camry that is), but meh it ain't fun to drive hard and doesn't give you any feedback what so ever as to what the car is doing.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote about his corona on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:39

but meh it ain't fun to drive hard and doesn't give you any feedback what so ever as to what the car is doing.

so? same for the corona.. at least the camry is modern Razz

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 04:42]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
plenty of feedback for the rona thru the non powersteering rack.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:39

but meh it ain't fun to drive hard and doesn't give you any feedback what so ever as to what the car is doing.

\

thats exactly what i found with the camry i drove.

Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 14:47

plenty of feedback for the rona thru the non powersteering rack.

Well you are obviously in love with the 'rona, so it's clear you will either keep it or live out every HRT fans dream of having a VS Clubsport with chopped springs, faded paint and ugly superfluous rear spoiler.

Which will it be?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
neither and merudo backs up my claims if you have ever driven a camry you'll know what i am talking about, the touring model we have has decent suspension but it doesn't encourage you to drive it hard as you have no idea how much grip is left.
It is a common complaint with majority of the large cars commodores falcons etc except for the au which was pretty much its only endearing feature.
Pretty much any car without power steering is gonna offer much better feedback as it is unadulterated but there are some very good cars with power steering out there to.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get one of these. Whack on a lsd rear end. Stick in a Starion turbo motor or VR4 motor. Instant drift van.
http://www.roninarts.de/weblog2/media/1/20040709-mia.jpg

My dad's 4WD one gets pretty taily in the wet (in 2WD) and thats with an open diff. Plus you could deck out the interior in the already mentioned Bang Bus style!!!

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and fyi if you ever wanna be bothered searching for cut springs thread you'll clearly see my opinion on them, that is that anyone that even contemplates putting them in their car is a fucking idiot.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 20:28

Get one of these. Whack on a lsd rear end. Stick in a Starion turbo motor or VR4 motor. Instant drift van.
http://www.roninarts.de/weblog2/media/1/20040709-mia.jpg

My dad's 4WD one gets pretty taily in the wet (in 2WD) and thats with an open diff. Plus you could deck out the interior in the already mentioned Bang Bus style!!!

lol why not, may as well just sign my death wish while i'm at it. I know someone that had one of them they rolled it the results weren't pretty
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 20:31

Oh and fyi if you ever wanna be bothered searching for cut springs thread you'll clearly see my opinion on them, that is that anyone that even contemplates putting them in their car is a fucking idiot.

My mate doesnt have springs in his SSS, it sits so low and its fully sik . Try IT Wink .
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i'll just go out the front and take the springs out of my sisters/dads N15 SSS shall i Laughing
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 20:37

well i'll just go out the front and take the springs out of my sisters/dads N15 SSS shall i Laughing

Good idea.

BTW is there anything you are actually considering or are you happy just to shoot down every valid option put forward?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Its not funny, its cool Cool .

http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1753/image0022vs.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Wed, 14 September 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matty P wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 20:44

Good idea.

BTW is there anything you are actually considering or are you happy just to shoot down every valid option put forward?

well i am pretty sure i accepted the idea of an ma61, mr2's pending finding insurance, an ae86 coupe, integra type R pending insurance ($3,195).
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/hsv_gtsr2.jpg
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/coronasupra.jpg
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe, Funny. Laughing

But wrong corona Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The maturity level shown by some of the people on this forum is almost laughable. Wow you managed to photoshop a corona front end on a GTSR congrats i wish i was as cool as you (Shame its the wrong model corona).
If anyone has actually driven one or more of the following cars your comments are appreciated every one else, go play with yourselves in the outhouse:

Nissan 180sx
R33 Skyline GTST
Ma61 supra
AE111 Corolla Levin
Nissan Cefiro
Mr2 Sw20
Mr2 AW11
Honda Integra Type R (the original one)
JZX90
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nissan 180sx - Unless you are prepared to spend some money on a DECENT suspension upgrade, dont bother, too many people have them
R33 Skyline GTST - RB25 makes heaps of grunt with a couple of bolt on mods, sadly as common as a VL these days
Ma61 supra - havent had the pleasure, im sure the 5ME is a real powerhouse
AE111 Corolla Levin - havent driven one
Nissan Cefiro - great chassis for drift, cops dont really know what they are, sadly its getting the same "hektik drift0r" stigma as the S13
Mr2 Sw20 - havent driven one, mate has one, grips like fuck but when it comes unstuck, it comes UUUUUUUUNSTUCK
Mr2 AW11 - see above
Honda Integra Type R (the original one) - hot car, nice chassis, but there is a lack of aftermarket support on them
JZX90 - awesome car, plenty of grunt, too nice to slide, insurance would be a right royal PITA

thats my opinion of the cars you have listed

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 23:05]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 09:04

Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 08:28

Nissan 180sx - Unless you are prepared to spend some money on a DECENT suspension upgrade, dont bother, too many people have them
R33 Skyline GTST - RB25 makes heaps of grunt with a couple of bolt on mods, sadly as common as a VL these days
Ma61 supra - havent had the pleasure, im sure the 5ME is a real powerhouse
AE111 Corolla Levin - havent driven one
Nissan Cefiro - [b]great chassis for drift, cops dont really know what they are, sadly its getting the same "hektik drift0r" stigma as the S13
Mr2 Sw20 - havent driven one, mate has one, grips like fuck but when it comes unstuck, it comes UUUUUUUUNSTUCK
Mr2 AW11 - see above
Honda Integra Type R (the original one) - hot car, nice chassis, but there is a lack of aftermarket support on them
JZX90 - awesome car, plenty of grunt, too nice to slide, insurance would be a right royal PITA

thats my opinion of the cars you have listed

Thank you for a serious answer, the only ma61 i'd buy is one already converted with a 1jzgte don't worry.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Thu, 15 September 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 08:37

the only ma61 i'd buy is one already converted with a 1jzgte don't worry.

well now I can sleep at night

thanks for that
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 08:58

The maturity level shown by some of the people on this forum is almost laughable. Wow you managed to photoshop a corona front end on a GTSR congrats i wish i was as cool as you (Shame its the wrong model corona).
If anyone has actually driven one or more of the following cars your comments are appreciated every one else, go play with yourselves in the outhouse:

yes it's a lack of maturity Rolling Eyes

i know it's the wrong coroan, there just aren't many pics of the crap holden and the crap corona at the same angle Razz

Nissan 180sx.. common as dogs balls... a friend had a very powerful one (can't remember.. running 25-30psi) meh.. they are ok.
R33 Skyline GTST. these suck. they are heavy bitches, and in the wet whatever power do you have won't get to the ground.. i was highly dissapointed with this car.
an R32GTR on the other hand handles and gets power down.
Ma61 supra. meh it's a supra.. old tech. low value car.
AE111 Corolla Levin. FWD (unless it's a Hokkaido spec model).. sucks like the usual shopping trolley FWD's
Nissan Cefiro, dunno
Mr2 Sw20,
Mr2 AW11
MR2.. if you want to have a tail happy beasty, do it properly in an AW11 Razz

only ones of the list i've driven.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Fri, 16 September 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
The Levin is the jap spec 2 door with 20v 4age.
I don't want a GTR as if i got a 33 GTST it would be used to take to the track for drifting on occasions.
Pages (4): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TurboRA28 in Fast 4s! (small but still cool)
Next Topic:brake problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 09:02:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098450183868408 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.