Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » What to buy?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 06:33 Go to next message
Well for reasons i won't disclose i didn't buy the GT4 i was looking at so once again i am gonna be looking for a replacement for the corona. Probably looking at spending 10-20 grand on the car and might wait until uni's finished for the year now but just wanna get some ideas.

My uncle is great mates with Al Plamer and next weekend i will be going to have a look at some of the cars he has inparticular the AE111 20v 4age levins (hopefully with 6 speed box and lsd).

Ideally i'd love another rwd car but atm with the petrol prices going thru the roof its becoming more and more apparent that i probably won't be getting a rwd turbo car for drifting, instead i'll go for another na car more than likely that should have spritely performance as well as being good on fuel.

The car will probably be slowly built up as money is available and see the track a couple times a year for fun.

Anyone got any suggestions throw them up for debate.

Been doing a bit of searching about the levins seem alright, once it was paid off i'd look at getting trd coilovers, bigger extractors and exhaust, maybe some intake work and cams, and maybe some work on the brakes.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 September 2005 06:36]

Send a private message to this user    
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I woulda said get a celsior if it werent for the petrol issue and u probably want something smaller. Otherwise what do you think about the 300zx? Still too thirsty? The NA 300zx is still pretty darn fast!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
300zx the last ones were very heavy ie 1500kg (nice lookign car though) i'd prefer a nice light nimble car to throw around, i'd love a celsior but yeah v8 is gonna be a prick soon and not really a track car and i'd prefer to keep a manual gearbox too.

Oh and if i was gonna defect from toyota it'd be on something like a R33 GTST or 180sx (but as said previously petrol is gonna be a bitch).

The car will be dirven and parked at a station 5 days a week so its gonna be something that doesn't attract the eye too much or if it does the exterior will be kept stock as a rock.

For reference the rona uses around 12-15L (city driving) per 100km anything less than this will be fine for me rofl.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'm surprised you want to buy another car, considering the way you talk up the mighty Corona. I thought the Corona was unbeatable and able to follow the later, more nimble, faster cars around the Old Pac. So, why spend the dosh on something that isn't better than the mighty 'Rona.

However, if you go to Al Palmers, try and buy that TE27 Sprinter Levine he's got. It's a beauty and pure old school Corolla class. No AE86 can touch it for looks or style.

seeyuzz
river
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River i seriously doubt i could afford that car, its so cool though don't think its for sale either. And i'd prefer a newer car with creature comforts and safety features lol.
micdor
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What about an NA MR2 ? either an AW11 or SW20 fall into that price range, theyre not hard on fuel, and theyre a bucket of fun to drive. My pick would be the AW11 for it's overall gokartness Smile
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u only drive it to the station and back each day whats the issue with the fuel costs?

also why dont u keep the corona as a station car and build yourself a drift car that only comes out on the weekends.

or catch a bus to the station.

if not here are some cars that wont stand out if u build them right

1JZ MX73 (use MA61 bits for manual conversion)
1JZ MX83 (manual conversion parts list on this site)
1G-GTE RA65 (keep it looking stock)
1G-GTE RT142 Avante
1JZ MA61 (is pushing it but keep it stock looking)
AE71 4A-GZ(T)E (keep it looking stock)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks rob, Sw20 and AW11 are options and have discussed them yesterday with my uncle only problem with the SW20 is insurance even the NA ones are rediculous.

I'd love a 1jzgte cressida rob and it is one of the casr on my list as is the ma61. Bus is not really an option to the station i'd have to leave home a lot earlier which is not fun. Rob at the moment the rona cost about 50 bucks a fortnight for fuel for just under 300km. Not much but the more i save on fuel the more money put back into the car in the way of mods.

I'd love to do a 1ggte corona but with uni and work i don't have a huge amount of time to play around with a conversion and the other problem is space. If i had two cars we'd have five cars again and that means that one would be in the neighbours driveway and the other depending on what time i get home on the street.

Heres My list of cars i wouldn't mind:
AE111 levin
MA61 or Cressida with a 1jzgte
R33 GTST
180sx/silvia
JZX90 (they are starting to come down in price a bit)
SW20 or AW11 MR2

Note: the rona will go as its gonna need a timing chain soon and likes oil

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about a small toyota echo, or holden barena or something, there definatly going to be good on fuel. why not get a NA celica a full tank will get you about 400 - 500k's and it cost's about 30 - 40 bucks to fill up (roughly, well not anymore)and plus celica still has style and comfort.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Sun, 11 September 2005 17:29

what about a small toyota echo, or holden barena or something, there definatly going to be good on fuel. why not get a NA celica a full tank will get you about 400 - 500k's and it cost's about 30 - 40 bucks to fill up (roughly, well not anymore)and plus celica still has style and comfort.

my brother has an echo great car lacks balls and not really a track car thoguh eggbox will beg to differ.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, scrub the r33 gts-t off your list. I'm painfully sick of the number of p platers and idiots driving around in them. All the others are good options except for the ae111, but that's purely due to my dislike of anything fwd Smile
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'm rather sick of skylines aswell. in 5 years time you'll goto the races and it'll just br skyline vs skyine for every bloody race.

maybe we should proposition the makers of fast and furious to use a corolla or a sprinter in there next film and see how many kids want to buy an old corolla after that
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea r33s are just everywhere. THe cressida 1jzgte would be a great option but if you dont want the r33 caus of the fuel usage issue I would think how much more so u wouldnt want a 1jzgte.
Cressidas are a great car though. I own one and its a great car besides the stock engine loves to blow head gaskets.

Have you thought of being the 2nd driver and getting the insurance to be under ur mums or dads name? Only downfall is u dont get a rating but I think its worth it. Never done the math though.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Sun, 11 September 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's hard to go under my dads name as the car would be fully owned by me and thus registered solely in my name and i'd prefer it that way just in case i get a fine. In terms of no claim next year i'll have 40% as i have had the corona since i was just over 17.
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get an Integra Type R.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 10:41

Get an Integra Type R.

I have thought about this many times Josh but the insurance is a joke, even for the early ones thru just cars its over 3K a year.
If i got something like the levin it'd be built up to be equivalent to something like a type R.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm a tough decision, it has to be fuel efficient, yet a staunch performer, it has to look pretty bland so it can be parked at the train station, it has to rip AE86's on old pac and be cheap on insurance.

Those are some pretty tough criteria to meet and the ONLY thing I can think of that may meet almost all these is:

An RT142 with Prius Hybrid engine conversion! You get the torque of the electric engine, the hybrid efficiency, the bland look of the corona, the amazing handling of the corona and it shouldn't too bad on insurance as it's street value will be under $1000 Laughing

On a more serious note, get a 180sx

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 01:07]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put it this way efficient for me will be anything less than 12L per 100km around the city which is very achievable in a lot of cars.

just did a quote for the integra just a rough idea at $3,195 at 20K value hmmm, then the levin well that one was good for a laugh. The person must of got confused as they went for a AE112r corolla conquest even though i said it was a levin Ae111 2 door coupe and why the fuck would i person import a AE112 when they were available in aus and wouldn't be allowed in anyway. Rolling Rolling

i think i'll have to ring for that one, to drill into the persons head what kind of car it is.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 02:49]

Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buy my Mazda MX6 Smile
2.5L V6 N/A, plenty of poke but still great on fuel
Looks good, I get a lot of head-turns from the ladies Wink
Reliable
Handles like a go-kart
Similar to your Integras and Preludes etc, but more unique
$8900 with 1 year rego and 2 new tyres.
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you concidered just getting third party property + fire + theft? Without comprehensive, an NA SW20 would be very cheap to buy and run. Turbo would be nice, but it's getting harder to justify the fuel cost.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGTE Ke or Ae 71 after driving pimp boy and getting a ride in phils panno and Chrizers KE7- they arer weapons, and they blend in.

they blend in, light and can be made to handle, cheapish, the only thing you wouldn't get is a modern car.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
civic ?
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st162 with BEAMS conversion
up there with the Type R, has VVti (inlet cam), nimble car looks dead sexy too!

Can get a good example st162 for about 5-6k, with some extras and add about 5k for the beams cut. Easy install

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Honestly mate if the insurance on a N/A SW20 is not in your ballpark a R33 or a 180SX isn't going to be much better? I was 22 with a N/A SW20 through Shannons paying just a little over $2K, which I didn't feel was too bad, compared to the $3800 NRMA wanted for it....
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buck naked wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 17:49

Have you concidered just getting third party property + fire + theft? Without comprehensive, an NA SW20 would be very cheap to buy and run. Turbo would be nice, but it's getting harder to justify the fuel cost.

The car will be parked at a station it is a station that has gotten a lot better over the last ten years but still. Second third party fire and theft only cover 5K of a car even a cheap SW20 is around 10-13K that means i am still 8K out of pocket plus the excess for the claims.
Stitt i wouldn't min doing a 4agte ke70 convo infact i'd buy my sis's car back off my uncle and throw it in that but i am really after a newer car that doesn't creak rattle and won't suffer from rust for atleast another 5-10 years. If i did this type of thing i'd buy a run around for the station then get the project car and do it but the biggest problem is space.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 20:00

Honestly mate if the insurance on a N/A SW20 is not in your ballpark a R33 or a 180SX isn't going to be much better? I was 22 with a N/A SW20 through Shannons paying just a little over $2K, which I didn't feel was too bad, compared to the $3800 NRMA wanted for it....

Most of the quotesw i have gotten for the Mr2 with just cars have been around 2.5-3K the GTST is just over 3K but i could justify this with the car being worth another 7-10K and also being turbo and having a lot more power ie it the small premium is outweighed by the advantages of having the better car.
The last quote i got for a 180sx was 2.7K so they aren't too bad in the scheme of things ie any hatch that does anything other than puff around is 2K+.
buck naked
Regular

October 2004

Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At those prices you listed, I would be suprised if the turbo was much more than the NA SW20 to insure. If your budget can stretch to include an R33 GTS-T then you should look beyond the bottom-rung thrashed and deterioating 89-93 SW20's and look for a low kilometer 94+ SW20 with the 3rd gen 3SGTE. It will be better on fuel than the R33, be classier, and faster than both it and its 180/200sx brethren.

My friend's stock R33 GTS-T gets 350k's out of 60 litres of premium fuel with fairly conservative driving. Ouch.

But getting back away from the turbos, I like the sound of the AE111 Smiley =
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'd be one of the early ones in aus as well, my plans i have been going wacky lately searching, would be nutty 20v aim for say 200hp at the flywheel, TRD coilovers and brake pads, have some normal mags for the street and ones equipped with semi slicks for cuises and track days.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehe looking at the pics from the kangaroo valley cruise some guy from canberra already has one Mad oh well, anyone know if he's on the forums might shoot him a pm to see what he thinks of it.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get a vespa man, you would look cool in it Cool .
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rona wtf are u doing looking in the wrong places for insurance on a SW20?!?

i paid for my premium four weeks ago, and it was $930. i was bloody stoked. western qbe are alright with me now! and thats on an agreed value of $19.5K.. for a n/a 97 SW20..

mind u thats probably because im over 26, but even still, it shouldnt be a heap more on a NA 4 Cyl 2L car. give them a call and get a quote.

standard excess applies which is about 300ish.. though i have an additional excess implied because i was a naughty boy as a teen (which is still in the last ten years) so they see me as a risk.. pfft!.. but if youre clean as a whistle you should be a-ok

oh and dont even look at suncorp metway.. theyll bend u over like mad..

[EDIT: And id be hampering Just Car about that insurance quote for 3K for a R33 GTS-T. My best mates got a Series II which JC has valued at $23K and hes 25 and only pays a premium of like $1100 p.a.. maybe its the area you live in as well?!]

[Updated on: Mon, 12 September 2005 14:37]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its called living in NSW and being 19 Laughing add to that a shitty post code, St Andrews really needs to divorce minto Surprised . Insurance premiums are a lot higher in NSW than in WA.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Mon, 12 September 2005 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Mon, 12 September 2005 23:16

Get a vespa man, you would look cool in it Cool .

I don't think a vespa would move me very fast now would it.
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the AE111 is the way to go.

I wouldn't bother too much with comprehensive insurance either. It is just not worth it until you are 26yrs old.

Just cars fire and theft is good as long as your car isnt worth much more than 5 grand. As that is the limit they pay out. But you still need to pay your excess which is around $1700 (for me and I have a clean record and I'm 21)
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you teh chunky or something?

buy a second rona, and convert it with a 1G-G (Z or T) E, do it to an avante so you've got all the nice fancy options... then retrim interior, respray, and yeah...

if you dont have the room to do it, make the room! but you must still own a corona. simple as that.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 10:02

are you teh chunky or something?

buy a second rona, and convert it with a 1G-G (Z or T) E, do it to an avante so you've got all the nice fancy options... then retrim interior, respray, and yeah...

if you dont have the room to do it, make the room! but you must still own a corona. simple as that.

6 foot tall around 90kg the vespa isn't really my kind of get up although would be amusing on a cruise lol.
The AE111 will be between 15-17K so it will have comp insurance on it.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 00:08]

Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arr.

yeah i'm 6"3 but not quite that heavy, but i see where you're coming from as far as not being vespa material.

I always wanted a postie bike, i might finally get one.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 06:38

Its called living in NSW and being 19 Laughing add to that a shitty post code, St Andrews really needs to divorce minto Surprised . Insurance premiums are a lot higher in NSW than in WA.

move! Very Happy

plus side -

1. hot blondes
2. hot brunettes
3. appreciating real estate
4. low cost of living
5. a fair few toymodders

flip side -

1. not many hot asian chix Sad
2. erratic weather
3. poor quality local beer
4. abundance of R33's & S13's
5. bogans galore

-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 10:40

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 06:38

move! Very Happy

plus side -

1. hot blondes
2. hot brunettes
3. appreciating real estate
4. low cost of living
5. a fair few toymodders

flip side -

1. not many hot asian chix Sad
2. erratic weather
3. poor quality local beer
4. abundance of R33's & S13's
5. bogans galore

then move to qld...
plus side

1.hot asian chix :D:D
2.hot blondes
3.hot brunettes
4.appreciating real estate value
5.cheaper fuel
6.??????
7.profit

flip side

1.turbos hate heat Sad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or stay in NSW

1. Hot blondes
2. Hot Brunettes
3. Hot asians
4. Fuck real estate i live at home
5. Toymods is based here
6. Oran Park is a ten minute drive from my house

Flipside

1. Expensive insurance
2. Oran park is closing down next year
3. Expensive fuel
4. Bogans are everywhere
5. I reckon we have more 33 and silvias
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just dont move to Tassie!

Plus Side -

1. *scratches head deep in thought* oh Targa Tassie.
2. thats it.

Flipside

1. Long Arse boatride
2. Centrelink queue is longer
3. Lack of civilised People
4. Increased usage of Anti-Depressants
5. TRD_Supra
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bwahhahahahaha at TRD supra, anywho back on topic what are ppl's opinions on something like an FTO GPX (pretty rare in manual) aparts from it being a mitsubishi.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then you've got the ACT.......

Positives

1. Good roads
2. Clean living
3. An educated population
4. "Loose" engineering restrictions for modified vehicles
5. Hot summers
6. Centrally located for snow and surf

The negatives

1. Bad drivers
2. Too many members of the "fun police"
3. A lot of smart ugly people
4. Too many people trying to be classy and sophisticated
5. Cold winters
6. No drag strip or motorsport complex (not a proper one anyway)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you forgot annual influx of bogans aka summernats, i wouldn't mind going but for the canberrans that many bogans coming in year in year out must shit you. Razz
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

what are ppl's opinions on something like an FTO GPX (pretty rare in manual)

If you want something that sounds fast and is disappointingly slow they're fantastic.

I have never seen one that actually goes any good.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

you forgot annual influx of bogans aka summernats

I love getting in amongst it with the bogans at the Nats, keeping it real Wink rubbing shoulders with the common folk Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 12:32

Quote:

what are ppl's opinions on something like an FTO GPX (pretty rare in manual)

If you want something that sounds fast and is disappointingly slow they're fantastic.

I have never seen one that actually goes any good.

hmmmm they are supposed to have 147kw from the 2.0l V6 anyone know how much they weigh. Generally all the ones i see are riced up around liverpool, but as a track car are they anywhere near say a type r
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just noticed your sig lol u smart arse, hmmm ponders wonder what my neighbours corolla is that has been sitting dormant in there garage for the last 18+ years, they started to fix it up but stopped.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Throw an exhaust on an FTO and they sound quite good, but fark me dead are they slow in a straight line Confused I have no idea what the stats on them is meant to be but I daresay they would get munched by most hot hatches.

......FWD Rolling Eyes might as well get a dog with no back legs while your at it, it'd be just as fun to play with.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All accounts Ive heard is the FTO sux teh big one. Dont go FWD corona, you know you wont enjoy it!! 4WD is bad enough,

Keep it real, Keep it RWD!!!

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't really want to go FWD but the problem is other than soarers, chasers and supras theres no real toyota option. Ideally i'd prefer to buy another toyota, if not it'd be a nissan in the way of a 180sx or R33 GTST, but my biggest concern with them is the fact that the car could be well and truly fuxored by the time i get my hands on it.

Anyone wanna get the raws approval for the Caldina Gt-t, i'd happily save for another 6 months if i knew they'd come in. Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki Cappucino. Enough said Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 13:02

Suzuki Cappucino. Enough said Wink

no thanks, not unless its equipped with the c2 concept 1.6L twin turbo V8. Edit i thought i said i wanted a car, not a push along toy Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 03:04]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go on, admit it, all this umming and arring is all because you cant bring yourself to admit that you want to get yourself a 20V sprinter and become the latest posterboy of the Takumi Set. Very Happy Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One step less gay than the cappucino would be an MX-5 that might suit you to a tee Laughing
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 10:55

All accounts Ive heard is the FTO sux teh big one. Dont go FWD corona, you know you wont enjoy it!! 4WD is bad enough,

Keep it real, Keep it RWD!!!

i agree.

the FTO was one great way the japanese learned to combat womens liberation..

see instead of the traditional japanese way of dealing with the problem of slicing their heads off with a katana.. they felt that it was acceptable to give them a little room to move to conform with western world standards.. yet still retain enough control to let them know who wears the pants.. less trouble than cleaning up the head and body i guess.

thus the FTO was born.

the japanese thought, (imagine japanese accent here)

"GTO is mans car. Woman no drive! Too powerful. Why not give stylish, yet underpowered piece of kuso to Woman. Because woman is stylish but underpowered piece of kuso. Car is fitting. Just is this reason!"

But if you would like to be known as an elegant Japanese Woman Rona, be my guest Smile

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Tue, 13 September 2005 13:06

Go on, admit it, all this umming and arring is all because you cant bring yourself to admit that you want to get yourself a 20V sprinter and become the latest posterboy of the Takumi Set. Very Happy Wink

yes but no, i'd love tog go all out on a 20v 4age to see what they are capable of but i just don't want another old car. Speaking of ae86 it was the first car al suggested he could get for me lol. maybe be different and do a coupe Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am generally not one to follow the crowd and would like to have something a bit different which is also one of the reasons i don't want an ae86 or a r33/180sx. They are great cars but i want something that not everyone else has.
Hmmmm FTO hey will it get me elegant japanese women if it did i could cope with that Surprised
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get one of those Toyota Lucida vans, rip the seats out, roof mount a camera, pimp tint the windows and set up your own bang bus website here in Aus. You would need the numberplates [R33M3D] (reamed). You could team up with bubbles and bang all the hussies from Cambletown to Liverpool.

DO IT!

Quote:

I am generally not one to follow the crowd and would like to have something a bit different

I see.

Quote:

Hmmmm FTO hey will it get me elegant japanese women if it did i could cope with that

NO, the FTO was built for elegant Japanese women not to lure them in Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2005 03:19]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: What to buy? Tue, 13 September 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DO IT!!

The Coupes ar noyce ay bro, Id swap my Hatch for one any day. But they are becoming the Next Big Thing in Hachi circles, so hurry up and buy one before they become even more overpriced than they already are.
Pages (4): [1  2  3  4  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TurboRA28 in Fast 4s! (small but still cool)
Next Topic:brake problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:52:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090348720550537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.