Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » best catalytic converter for turbo cars.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 03:17 Go to next message
im after a 3" high flow cat for my exhaust, and im getttin really pissed off about all these supposed highflow cat's, and no one states a CFM rateing, they just say "hi flow".

at what point does a cat become high flow!! how can they want me to pay 400$ for a catalytic coneverter just cause it says "hi flow"!!

can anyone recomend a good make or brand with proven results and testing? what are you guys using in your systems?
  Send a private message to this user    
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can't give u any proven results, tho on my GT4 i have a 'Magic Cat' from Magic Performance in sydney.

It has 3.5" inlet and outlet, very small size, perfect for the GT4. Works fine for me, tho i haven't done an emissions test or anything.

cost me $275 dollars, not to bad, about the same as a normal cat (i think)

Regards Nathan
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah magic cat is apparently a good brand they even come in 4 inch Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the cat is 4" in diameter, it is really very small

Seems ok to me, unfortunately i can't give any idea on any power gains (if any) and also from what the dude at the exhaust shop said a standard cat isn't much of a restriction anyways...prolly different for turbo cause they generally flow a lot more air then N/A
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 inch inlet and oulet lots of good comments on it
and yeah the hiflow cats have a different mesg design inside which allows more air flow , the stuff inside the cat is packed in a different way to allow for more airflow

STANDARD CAT IS RESTICTIVE FOR SURE
if u shop around u will find cheap hiflow cats just keep looking

yeah magic cats are small as they arent bulk pretty round actually but small just look up google and u will find one
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
been googleing a couple of times, found nothing.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i tried as well couldnt find any

try nissan silvia .com, they had a group buy of this thing some time ago , and i remwember seeing pics of it there thats how i know its small
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 05:40]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also remember if u get caught 9n vic its a $10,000 fine

and guttign the cat is bullshit as it restricts the flow even more (read it in some performance magazine) , take it out all togeter or leave it there
carsanactra
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
were also talking about massive increases in polution, and the risk of thousands of dollars in fines for the sake of 2-3kw max.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah should have wrote the post different.. dont want to encourage people to do illegal stuff..

will edit it now.. but i disagree strongly with the 2-3kw increase.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Post of commercial Nature aren't Perrmitted.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 11:22] by Moderator

.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a metal cat, the one it the picture above, its small and seems to work good, but then again i havent done any ttests on it
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Wed, 14 September 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a pic of the magic cat on this forum, and from that u can get magic performance's number, or just use the yellow pages Wink Rolling Eyes
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Thu, 15 September 2005 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if y'all worried bout legalities on cat's, just get urself a GTR skyline cat, if u can find one that is...
i had one but sold with old car, "apparently the most free flowing factory cat availiable"
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: best catalytic converter for turbo cars. Fri, 16 September 2005 02:45 Go to previous message
How about this one guys....

Our forum sponsor, IMPORTBITZ, actually sells MetalCats at a very reasonable price!
I will be having one on both my celica and crown.

http://www.importbitz.com/metalcat.htm

http://www.importbitz.com/images/metalcat/metalcat04.jpg

How about supporting the guys who help provide these forums to you all Nod
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:can't believe it. w5* tranny < $50 in the US??
Next Topic:need a courier
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Sep 28 07:26:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077061653137207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.