Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 01 January 2003 11:32 Go to next message
This months cruise is going to be to Terrigal, & has been planned out by Jason (Yellorolla) who gets a big thanks.
At the moment it looks like the best time for it is the Australia day long w'end, but we really need a bit of feedback as to who will be free for a cruise on a long w'end.
Saturday would prolly be the better day, but if most people would rather go on the sunday that can be arranged.

The cruise would start earlyish in the morning, & we would stop for lunch then head to the ice-cream shop in Terrigal.
Anyway, I'll leave it for Jason to fill in the details.

LET US KNOW IF YOU'RE OK WITH A LONG WEEKEND CRUISE!!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 01 January 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds fun, count me in. Very Happy
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 02 January 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll meet yas here on the coast! I'll be in for sure!

P.S.
Ice Cream is yummy!
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 02 January 2003 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That date sounds fine to me...

I'm up for it...
encounta
Regular

July 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 03 January 2003 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i mite join u's.
if i'm allowed. Embarassed
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 03 January 2003 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
encounta wrote on Fri, 03 January 2003 14:44

i mite join u's.

And what does that mean mate??? Girlfriend got you by the leash Laughing Laughing Laughing ???
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 03 January 2003 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like fun provided double demerits doesnt happen.

encounta
Regular

July 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 03 January 2003 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Fri, 03 January 2003 21:21

encounta wrote on Fri, 03 January 2003 14:44

i mite join u's.

And what does that mean mate??? Girlfriend got you by the leash Laughing Laughing Laughing ???

ummm no. i mean, can i go along with u's.
or is it invites only?
encounta
Regular

July 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 03 January 2003 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
& yeah, good point.
double demerits. prolly count me out then.
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 03 January 2003 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I am in the same boat. If DD is on knowing the risk I am to myself I wouldnt be all that interested. If DD isnt on count me in!!! When to then normally release this information. Due to the road toll this Chrissy wouldnt surprise me the least if they have DD that long weekend!!! Sad

Opps no sleep last night - tried again unsuccessfully to disconnect warning chimes with any luck. If anyone knows how I can disconnect this feacture on imported gt4 celica (st165) please let me know!!

"gt4rider"
st165
encounta
Regular

July 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 04 January 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm pretty sure DD will apply long weekend.
DD has been applied to all long weekends etc, and looks like r here to stay
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 04 January 2003 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gad dammit, I hate DD!

I totally forgot about that, & yeah I reckon it'll definitely be on.
This years road tolls show exactly how effective they are don't they? When will they realise it's not the bloody answer.

Oh well, if enough people say bugger it, we don't care about the double dongas then we'll still have it, but by the looks of things the date may change. Maybe the first of Nov.....
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 04 January 2003 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st of Nov would be a long wait Joel!!

I'd still be interested regardless of Double Demerits. All it takes is a little self control to not drive like a fucking maniac and no-one should have any problems.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 04 January 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I totally agree with that. And with the last few weeks 'training" it shouldn't be too hard. I got quite good at driving like a grandma (the auto mkII corona also helped in that regard).

We should do it anyway as a protest to the DD scheme.
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 04 January 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1st of November or a little self control? mmmmmm Rolling Eyes I reckon self control! That is a long wait.

"gt4rider"
st165
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 04 January 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing self control? Laughing
I cant resist driving my car like its stolen.
If its DD, in the interests of my wallet and licence I wont be able to attend.
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sun, 05 January 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How about I tie a knot in your fuel line Ronin Laughing That might slow you up!!

"gt4rider"
ST165
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sun, 05 January 2003 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3 weeks of double demerits was a test of self control. normal driving was fine, but when you've gor some ricer lancer baiting you...

I wont come as it's double demerits. not for fear of getting caught speeding (thought there's that too), but simply because there are more cops around, and I dont want to get my car impounded
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 06 January 2003 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess I could wind the fuel cut defender back down so that the moment I hit boost, fuel will cut off....
bah, screw that idea Laughing
If I didnt want to drive fast I would just buy a slow car like a corolla....
Very Happy
*runs and hides*

[Updated on: Mon, 06 January 2003 03:11]

"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 06 January 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing To Funny Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 06 January 2003 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For Sure Im keen to come

If you can make it Sat im not to worried about DD the old crown hasn't exactly got the best of power.

Encounter come along. Your only invite is a like of good cars in particular Toyota's

Stitt
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 06 January 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep saturday of the long w/end sounds good
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 08 January 2003 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
saturdasy is better for me.
but dont expect much more than the POS Sad
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 09 January 2003 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i have the weekend off i will be there
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 09 January 2003 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm really going to try to get to this one.... I know I've said this before but this time I really mean it!

A word of warning from a local to the Terigal Area.

Don't expect any Parking to be available, apparently the increase in Beach Bums to the area over the long weekend means that it will all be taken by around 9am.

Perhaps this should be taken into consideration when planing is undertaken.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 10 January 2003 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure of the exact plans but if people are happy to park at the Haven and take a 5min walk into Terrigal it would work well as there is heaps of parking there that usually isn't full. Plus a good fish and chip joint there.

Not much hope of getting parking in Terrigal at this time of year.

Just an idea!

Cheers
Joel
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 10 January 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there boys, girls and otherwise...
Sorry that I have been unable to fill in more details about this cruise, as I have had no access to the 'net.
This run was loosely planned by Turbo RA28 and myself at the end of last year (thanks Joel for the local knowledge).

Here is the plan...

Sat 25th Jan 2003

10am meet opposite the old Heavy Vehicle Checking station at Berowra (this is on Pacific Hwy where it runs onto the F3). Talk the usual B.S.

10:30am leave via the old Pac Hwy to the sunny central coast, when we get to Kariong we will take a Right onto Woy Woy Rd.
(be a little wary as there is a speed camera on this stretch).
Re-group at the Phegans Bay lookout, (on the left side of the road)(meet with the C Coast contingent here at about 11:15 -11:30?) Cruise in thru Woy Woy and take the Scenic Hwy to Terrigal.

Park at the Haven (this is the carpark at the Skillion).

Walk to Terrigal for fish and chips (or any of the many eats avail).

This should occupy us until about 2-2:30 pm where we will cruise on up to the Entrance for some cold rock ice cream (afternoon tea for the sweet tooths among us).

After this we can all go our separate ways, or for those still keen, we can continue over to Tuggerah Shopping centre, where there is Cinemas, a Lone Star and Hog's Breath cafe for dinner.
(please let me know if you're interested in going to Hogs or Lone Star, so we may finalise this last part)

This should give the Central Coast a good look at our fine wares from the Toyota factory. Laughing

See you opposite the old checking station.
Please don't hesitate to call me on 0402 030 561 for any further input or clarification..

Regards
Jason

HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 10 January 2003 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... slayerfeast or cruise???
sounds great guys, even with bubby you could prolly count me in.
"gt4rider"
Regular

December 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 11 January 2003 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in I will be there.. will have to be on my best behave though due to DD Mad

"gt4rider"
ST165
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sun, 12 January 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there for sure...

So are we meeting at the truck stop??? Precicely on the gravel covered ground???
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 13 January 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
refering to yellorolla's message of revealing the route it should be kept between the organiser of the cruise until day so cops cannot setup cameras around the roads of choice.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 13 January 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, being as it's a club cruise and no-one will be speeding, it shouldn't really matter, should it? Cool
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 13 January 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we'll put your theory into play and say nobody does speed (not going to happen) but most of us will be driving highly modified cars which lines alot of us up for defect notices
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Mon, 13 January 2003 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'm yet to see that happen on a Toymods cruise, even though cruise routes and destinations are always posted in advance for official events. Thankfully, I've found the majority of club members to be quite mature and responsible at events, which has no doubt been a great help in ensuring club events remain trouble free. Cool
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Tue, 14 January 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at this stage i am going to say that i will be there Smile
but it all depneds on what work wants me to do Sad
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 15 January 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if this is done on sat, when Big Day Out is on.. .i unfortunately cant go, becuase i will be working there. If its Sunday i also can't go because of Jaycar. Hence it seems that i just can't go....
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 15 January 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you work too much mate!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 15 January 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, just weekends
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 16 January 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel/Jason,

Mate all going to Plan Tina and I will be there in the RA28 (Not sure I'll be allowed to drive tho Sad

Its finally on the road just getting a few things sorted Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 16 January 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, i'm sure you can twist Tina's arm for a drive?! We went for a run along the planned route last night (starting at Kariong though, not Berowra). I think we decided on some small changes which Jason said he would update for everyone on Monday? I hope thats right! Confused
A more scenic route (mmm twisty roads) from Empire bay to Avoca was included.

Anyhows I'll let Jason update everyone!

Cheers
Joel
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 16 January 2003 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel/Jason:
I'm on the coast, if you ever want to go on a cruise or meet up sometime give me a ring and I'll bring the Soarer out for a play!

Daniel
0416 240 433 Very Happy
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Thu, 16 January 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel, sounds good mate. Likewise give us a yell if you heading out for a cruise...

0422 469884

Joel
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 17 January 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel and Jas

This bit to be included is that the scenic highway,(or the coast rd) that runs from around hardies bay along the coast past macmasters, koppa and avoca beaches. Cause if it is I thank you for it as I having been itching to get the club to run along there. Friends of mine have a place at hardies bay and I'm forever doing that stretch of rd and i love it lets do it twice even.

Stitt

Also can someone tell me exactly where the meting point is. Is in on the pacific hwy or on the F3????
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 17 January 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the road mate! Love it too.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 17 January 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For anyone not familiar with the meeting point in Berowra I'm thinking we meet up at Thornleigh Maccas at 9am. We'll leave at about 9:20, which should give us plenty of time to get to the 10am meeting point.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 17 January 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Toymodders,
My access to the net is still limited until I am back at work on Monday.
I will endevour to get the run details written on paper and will hand out the directions on the day. For those that will be at the meeting on monday, I am sure that I will get the chance to bring members up to date with the changes (I hope that the Police dont come to our meeting to get the updates too Laughing)
This cruise does promise to go for a while for those that are into it!
See you at the meeting on Monday.

Jason
P.S Daniel- My phone number is there. Happy to meet for a cruise.
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sun, 19 January 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the weekend off Shocked so i will see you at Thornleigh Maccas...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sun, 19 January 2003 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While currently carless, I'm still keen to wander(I live like 5 mins away...) up to Thornleigh maccas to have a look at some of the cars, might c some of u guys up there at 9am...

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Tue, 21 January 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any chance for a sunday cruz for the work impared???
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Tue, 21 January 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there people dont know if the plow will be there or not.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 22 January 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah count me out as i have to work!

Witzl working is the story of you life! you need to work to live not live to work
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Wed, 22 January 2003 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh yeah its definetly double demerit heard on radio

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 24 January 2003 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there along with Tim, with the skyline.

Be very very careful, there will be lots of cops about.

Lets make this a scenic cruise guys, ie. drive at a pace such that the trees dont blur. I have only a couple of points left.

Matt

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 24 January 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt,

Glad you coming along mate I'll bring your Trophies ! Smile

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 24 January 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SCHWEEEEEEET!!!

MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 24 January 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys the plow wont be making the trek as its cruzin down whale beach with my mates.
matt we gotta have another night run up the pac highway as its been awile.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Fri, 24 January 2003 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't make it today either unfortunately... Crying or Very Sad

Hopefully there's lots of photos taken though. Cool
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 25 January 2003 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ignore this Razz

[Updated on: Sat, 25 January 2003 00:35]

mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 25 January 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im at work....i guess thiss lessens the chance of the boyz in blue having thier way with me and plus i'm making more money to spend on me car oooo i cant wait for my exhaust and coola!!!!! gimmi overtime!! sundays *puts hand up* i'll work pick me!!!! Laughing
87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: January Terrigal Cruise Sat, 25 January 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Sorry i lost all you guys on the way home, stoped to get some petrol.... but that was the least mf my worries, had one of my front tyres decide to spit its belts on the way home. After some fun getting the wheel off, (the tyre lever was to big to fit) borrow some tools and got the wheel off only to find that the spare would not fit over the brakes Mad but i made it home so its all good Very Happy
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Eastern Creek Tonight.
Next Topic:Official Cruise- Terrigal, this weekend!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 01:55:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097920894622803 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.