Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
[MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Thu, 15 September 2005 03:36 Go to next message
I need some 2" mandrel bends, and unfortunately the exhaust joint I used to get them from has changed hands and is no longer helpful. And I'm having trouble finding any at a reasonable price. $25 a bend is the best I have been quoted so far.

So is there anywhere in Melbourne (preferably north east) that people can recommend. Mild steel is fine, and the exact bend doesn't really matter as I'll just be chopping it up anyway.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Hen
  Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Thu, 15 September 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey henn, try daalder exhausts in box hill. they give awsome deals, the quote wont b that low, but when it comes time to pay it will b dirt cheap. i know them quite well and they are very helpful. they get people coming in with random pipes that need them welded or bent all the time.

the number is 9890 4444.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 September 2005 04:38]

stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Thu, 15 September 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glenroy Exhaust in campbellfield mate.. Not to hard to get to from where you are.
that's where I get all mine, and I actually have just gotten some from there myself.
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Thu, 15 September 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All bends are spun and welded locally at whitehorse industries , lilydale , Beer your currency used to pay there Laughing also Henn check with your engineering supplier if they carry acco , or axco or some shit like that brand of bends , very good those are . I will check tomorrow night the name of those bloody things Rolling Eyes
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Tue, 20 September 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ended up going to Daalder in Box Hill (easiest to get to on the way to work) and they had 2" in 45 and 90 degree on the shelf. Worked out at about $14 per bend.

If I had more time I may have checked out Whitehorse and gone for a yarn with some beers.

Hen
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Thu, 22 September 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you do go do glenroy exhaust make sure you speak to joe not to paul as you tend to get 2 different prices
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: [MELB] Where to get mandrel bends?? Thu, 22 September 2005 09:16 Go to previous message
Interestingly, I require 3", 2.5" 316grade stainless steel 90, 45 degree bends and exhaust flanges, does anyone know any in the Western Suburb?

Any Ideas would be great...

Cheers.

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 09:17]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fuel Tank Issues - Whats in there???
Next Topic:this is how you do it
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 18:54:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043308734893799 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.