Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 03:54 Go to next message
PRIME Minister John Howard today committed Australia to a new international partnership to combat bird flu, and said there was a high possibility of an epidemic in the Asia-Pacific region.

US President George W Bush outlined the International Partnership on Avian and Pandemic Influenza, aimed at limiting the spread of the disease during a potential outbreak, during his address to the United Nations World Summit on Wednesday.
The head of the UN World Health Organisation warned today that avian flu would likely mutate and become transmissible from human to human.

The disease already has killed more than 60 people in Asia and Mr Howard said action was needed.

"The possibility of a flu epidemic is quite high and it's very important that the world and particularly our own region should prepare for that," he said in New York, where he is attending the UN summit.

Health Minister Tony Abbott will attend a special international health ministers' meeting in Canada later this year to discuss global preparedness, while the issue will be prominent at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit in November, Mr Howard said.

Advertisement:
"We share the view of the Americans and others that it's an area where APEC can and should be active," he said.
Mr Howard said the Australian Government was working at the domestic, regional and wider international level on influenza and pandemic preparedness and response, spending $18 million since 2003 to combat avian influenza and SARS in the region.

Mr Howard also committed $3 million over three years to the new Standing Fund for the Peacebuilding Commission created by the UN this week to help fragile states recover from wars and conflict, and increased Australia's contribution to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees from $270,000 to $650,000 this financial year.

Taken from: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16621892-2927 7,00.html
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE END IS NEAR Laughing Confused Shocked Razz
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't we just accept that flu's exist and that people die? I mean, no one complains about being given the gift of life, how come we complain so much when it's taken away?

Hopefully they don't waste too much money on useless tactics (like trying to prevent the flu from spreading).
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RWDboy wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 14:40

Can't we just accept that flu's exist and that people die? I mean, no one complains about being given the gift of life, how come we complain so much when it's taken away?

Hopefully they don't waste too much money on useless tactics (like trying to prevent the flu from spreading).

You don't make sense, yet again this is toymodes.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 13:57

THE END IS NEAR Laughing Confused Shocked Razz

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what about teh massiv3 AIDorz
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
POST RETRACTED! Surprised

[Updated on: Fri, 16 September 2005 05:22]

M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

maybe you should read this

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/bird-fl u/dn7787

50% mortallity rate for wide spread infection and a 70% mortallity rate in the 60 or so infected so far.

Good idea not to waste money to prevent it from spreading hey. Rolling Eyes

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't stand people who complain. People today complain if someone sets them on fire. Back in my day if someone set us alight we said "Thank You" and went on our way.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is going to be worse than SARS hype...

60 people in asia? out of a billion? my god, its an epidemic

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 17:22

This is going to be worse than SARS hype...

60 people in asia? out of a billion? my god, its an epidemic

Eldar.O.

lol lets not also mention the fact that we are also a lot more equipped with medication/hygiene etc to treat the illness. Most of the casualities would of been in rural village in china etc where they have no access to medical resources.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I mean, no one complains about being given the gift of life

i do all the freakin time
are you different where you had a say in your birth
i think not and neither did i
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Geee, I better stop tongue-kissing the magpie!

Anyway, sounds like another man-made designer disease like AIDS.

seeyuzz
river
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.J.H wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 16:15

maybe you should read this

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/bird-fl u/dn7787

50% mortallity rate for wide spread infection and a 70% mortallity rate in the 60 or so infected so far.

Good idea not to waste money to prevent it from spreading hey. Rolling Eyes

Yeah it depends on how it is able to be transferred, sometimes it's just a waste of time trying to stop the spread of the virus simply because it's not (realistically) feasible. Note there is already anti-viral drugs available.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 19:32

Anyway, sounds like another man-made designer disease like AIDS.

I agree. Like most things of this sort. It sounds American.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sometimes i'm glad we have anal customs oficers Wink

bird flu? mad cow disease? ever seen them in australia?

nuh uh
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Fri, 16 September 2005 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure it also helps that we're more remote than saturn.

from everyone else i mean Razz

people generally do tend to hype things up.

remember SARS? you had a modest 93% chance of surviving it, if you could put up with syptoms such as, headaches, dizzyness, nausea, sore muscles etc.

meanwhile the media portrayed it as a new "black plauge" set to kill millions!

Eldar.O.
WaLLLY
Regular

February 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH SHIT
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 03:35

im sure it also helps that we're more remote than saturn.

from everyone else i mean Razz

people generally do tend to hype things up.

remember SARS? you had a modest 93% chance of surviving it, if you could put up with syptoms such as, headaches, dizzyness, nausea, sore muscles etc.

meanwhile the media portrayed it as a new "black plauge" set to kill millions!

Eldar.O.

Yeah but even the black plague could of been cured with a simple shot of penicillin which they didn't have back then. The only reason so many ppl died is they didn't have modern medicine and antibiotics.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hooray for another useless fact.

i was referring to the effect the plague had, not the actual disease.

Eldar.O.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 17:36

hooray for another useless fact.

i was referring to the effect the plague had, not the actual disease.

Eldar.O.

Coming from the person that insists an RS liberty has a 20v quadthrottle body engine i'd say thats a bit hypocritical Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dori.. are you bubbles?

and yes, bird flu bad. it is (at this moment) also unable to spread human-human, so there's really not an awful lot to be worried about unless the disease mutates. be more concerned about aids and ebola. and stupidity... that diease is rampant on these forums, and rapidly spreading throughout australia
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 18:05

dori.. are you bubbles?

For the last time no.
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 21:02

draven wrote on Sat, 17 September 2005 18:05

dori.. are you bubbles?

For the last time no.

liar liar pants on fire Nod Nod Nod Nod Nod Smiley = Smiley = Smiley = Smiley = Up To Something Up To Something Up To Something hehehe hehehe hehehe hehehe Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Eye Spin Rolling Rolling Rolling Freak Freak Freak Freak Freak Nod Nod
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Bird flu heading this way Sat, 17 September 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey, I asked before the guys in the other thread Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Mon, 19 September 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have run the information available on this forum about bubbles and Dorio86 through the crime lab and there is a 99.999% probability that they are the same person.

I had the bird flu for a week or two, it was shit painful laying an egg each day and I got over eating seeds and worms pretty quick too, but in the end I came good. The only ongoing problem is I often stand on one leg and I steal chips off people all the time.

I also tried to swoop my boss for getting to close to my desk.

Dorio, you are more likely to have you legs taken out form under you by a drift spec Camira than dieing form the Avian virus. Don't stress man Wink

Oh and Dorio, you gave away the fact that you were bubbles when you asked about something that was in my signature from before you signed up Laughing BUSTED!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Mon, 19 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BUBBLES wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 13:54

Bird flu heading this way

Didn't they say that about communism in the 60's.

Next it will be:

Hurrican Katrina heading this way

or

Dorio86 confirmed alias of Bubbles
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Tue, 20 September 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 13:04

I have run the information available on this forum about bubbles and Dorio86 through the crime lab and there is a 99.999% probability that they are the same person.

I had the bird flu for a week or two, it was shit painful laying an egg each day and I got over eating seeds and worms pretty quick too, but in the end I came good. The only ongoing problem is I often stand on one leg and I steal chips off people all the time.

I also tried to swoop my boss for getting to close to my desk.

Dorio, you are more likely to have you legs taken out form under you by a drift spec Camira than dieing form the Avian virus. Don't stress man Wink

Oh and Dorio, you gave away the fact that you were bubbles when you asked about something that was in my signature from before you signed up Laughing BUSTED!

When I start going to toymodes events and people get to know my face that knew bubbles, and realize that I look nothing like bubbles the jokes on you.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

When I start going to toymodes events and people get to know my face that knew bubbles, and realize that I look nothing like bubbles the jokes on you.

Unfotunately no one know what bubbles looks like, so this will prove nothing.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing And how do you no this?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was discussion on this forum sometime ago about whether anyone had actually met or seen bubbles and no one knowingly had. I am sure people outside of the forum have met him.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, check if he has sold anything.
Your going to learn that what goes around comes around.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fact you both post obscure or meaningless questions in the tech and conversions section when you do actually post there.

Fact you both recently sold your sprinters. Did you acquire another one for $2,500 last week Razz .

Fact you both spell toymods toymodes.

Fact majority of both of your posts are in the outhouse.

Fact your are both paranoid about the world ending.

Shall i go on. Wink
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, Corona

Fact Your putting words in my mouth
Fact I'm not paranoid about the world ending
Fact I have live in Adelaide for most of my life
Fact I'm a rotor head and sold both car's in Adelaide
Fact Spelling toymods toymodes is a coincidence
Fact I know that I'm not bubbles
Fact I have better things to do then to argue

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Your going to learn that what goes around comes around.

Please explain Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=usrinfo&a mp;a mp;id=12416&rid=4118&S=8f529ad8ce204f08b40 b7341aadd9831

Fact your reffered bubbles new account to toymods, that seems a little suss considering he already new about it anyway. Rolling Eyes

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=usrinfo&a mp;id=11900&rid=4118&S=8f529ad8ce204f08b40 b7341aadd9831

[Updated on: Wed, 21 September 2005 00:48]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe you are bubbles, but you just don't realise it yet.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh no, my plan of world domination, ruined!!! jk

I think bubbles has better things to do.

Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh no, my plan of world domination, ruined!!! jk

I think bubbles has better things to do.

SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is too funny

you can't just goto a forum and ask for something then go aggro and blame toymodders and their attitudes becuase you didnt get a direct answer if you cant hack it go somewhere else.

Laughing
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SW20R wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:13

this is too funny

you can't just goto a forum and ask for something then go aggro and blame toymodders and their attitudes becuase you didnt get a direct answer if you cant hack it go somewhere else.

Laughing

When? were? and what?
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Bird flu heading this way Wed, 21 September 2005 06:30 Go to previous message
BUBBLES!! how have u been mate!?!?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:She died!!!
Next Topic:stupid search companion shight
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:47:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075650215148926 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.