Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » what era would you choose ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 10:58 Go to next message
from a post in another thread
if you could control your birth , what era would you be born in and why ?
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Edo jidai.

and be a short-lived but highly talented samurai/head-chopper-offerer....

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 21:03

Edo jidai.

wouldnt u be sitting around bored and getting pissed and gambling in that era?
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn that sounds good.

i was gonna say medevil ages.

u just needed strength and you would have ur claim to power... kicking the heads of your slaves in... yeh get some stupid slaves!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

yes, i have been drinking.
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon being a primate/caveman would be an interesting experience
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 21:08

oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 21:03

Edo jidai.

wouldnt u be sitting around bored and getting pissed and gambling in that era?

shhhh Razz

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Viking era for me. I get to eat roast chickens like an animal with my bare hands. I yell out the nordic equivalent of "wench, get me a drink", and some Abba-esque honey would get it for me.

I can wear Ug boots and look cool and wear some outrageous animal skin without some greeny giving me shit.

I'd have a massively phallic-like broad sword which allows me to chop off the heads of those that annoy me - and gain respect for it.

I can use the F and C words with impunity and without offense 'cos that's where those words originated from.

With my belly full of wine and food, and after having a damn good root, I'd get the lads loaded up into a longboat and go over to England and beat the living fuck out of the poms - then rape their women.

Then I'd go home and eat roast chickens like an animal.... and so the cycle continues.

I'm gonna have to watch the 13th Warrior again.

seeyuzz
river
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river
funny that
it appears that most desire the good old days when the gene responsible for determining the male sex and the traits of a male werent only a 136 millionth of what they were 1,000 years ago Smile

talk about endangered species hey Smile
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey river,
13th warrior is a very shit version of the book. eaters of the dead by michael crichton. its a shame that so many of his good books get turned into crap movies. espescially timeline, awsome book, terible movie. paul walker Rolling Eyes absolute retard
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 21:29

Hi,

Viking era for me. I get to eat roast chickens like an animal with my bare hands. I yell out the nordic equivalent of "wench, get me a drink", and some Abba-esque honey would get it for me.

I can wear Ug boots and look cool and wear some outrageous animal skin without some greeny giving me shit.

I'd have a massively phallic-like broad sword which allows me to chop off the heads of those that annoy me - and gain respect for it.

I can use the F and C words with impunity and without offense 'cos that's where those words originated from.

With my belly full of wine and food, and after having a damn good root, I'd get the lads loaded up into a longboat and go over to England and beat the living fuck out of the poms - then rape their women.

Then I'd go home and eat roast chickens like an animal.... and so the cycle continues.

I'm gonna have to watch the 13th Warrior again.

seeyuzz
river

wahh, bogans before comodores Wink

sounds like an awesome lifestyle.... can't fault it Very Happy
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 16 September 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was thinkin about this exact same thing at work today.. thats weird.
anyways i was thinkin in the 50's
days of muscle cars and cheap easy entertainment.
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: what era would you choose ? Sat, 17 September 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe be born today cause im pretty sure the 80's and 90's
sukd ass and my little bros and sisters seem to be better adjusted to the world without things such as dr who and the ninja turtles, no but seriously how boring was the 80's??? also everybody already knows what happend in the past
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Sat, 17 September 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4DaDrift wrote on Fri, 16 September 2005 12:19

i reckon being a primate/caveman would be an interesting experience

I tried that last weekend and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped

[Updated on: Sat, 17 September 2005 14:10]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: what era would you choose ? Sat, 17 September 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know guys, most of you could go live somewhere without the modern comforts and live kinda like they used to. Most of you seem to think it'd be cool... but then most of you would be dead in the era you'd like to live in ('cept BOCKA, 'cuz the 50s rocked). Someone bigger and stronger than you woulda chopped your head off by now, either that or you'd be working from the time the sun came up to the time it set on a farm, before some horrable desease (which, by the way, is totaly cureable today) came and killed your arse dead in the most painfull way imaginable.

Try living without a computer. Razz Or without electricity... or without a car.

I wouldn't mind "comming of age" in the 60s or 70s. Free love man. Wink Actualy... fuel injection... nope, I think I like where I am now. Razz
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: what era would you choose ? Sat, 17 September 2005 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id have to say the 50's, the start of muscle cars and cheap fuel Rolling Eyes
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: what era would you choose ? Sat, 17 September 2005 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
same as every other pilot!era ww2 spitfires,hurri's and p51's i was born in the wrong era. or jump ahead of now, into space.
mick
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One where crowns and 2000gt's were plentiful and cheap
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps an era that would shed some light on the Atlantean Legend / Pelaidean Myth. Or perhaps one that would help me with some understanding to the Nephilim.

Going foward... One where the abuse of genetic engineering in rampant and the term REAL DOLL has new meaning.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahaha greenie you mean now!
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I was born in a good time, If anything I'd like to be able to back the clock up about 5years.
I've been through the 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's oh shit, I'm not putting any more up there you do the maths.
To be honest the 50's 60's was the best time, muscle cars and cheap fuel.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Muscle cars, cheap fuel and less Polly's making stupid "anti hoon" laws, and NO speed cameras Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be the 60s (also had the best music and girls looked the hottest, but you'd also get conscripted to die in Vietnam.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi-Ace god you make me feel young!thanks.
p.s what was it like to never have to have P's!lmao
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, Its scary Im only 22 and Ive lived in the 80s, 90s, 00s.

Man there are some nerds on here.. Going back in time to learn the secrets of history.... yeh well Im with youse lol.

River> sounds like a good time. Besides that however, Ancient Egypt or Ancient Japan would be interesting.

Other than that I thankgod I was born in the mid 80s so I dont remember most of it. ultimately Itd have to be late 60s or early 70s for me though. Farr out.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call me a geek that reads too much sci-fi, but I've always wondered what it would be like to be born into a time where humans have colonised/terraformed a couple of planets and discovered FTL. (no need to argue about feasibility of terraforming or FTL... it's just a daydream)
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id probably choose the 1920s new york (when im an adult)
mmm classy Laughing
failing that ancient japan (no exact date)
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm comfortable with the time that i was born in... all the other 'ages' just sound better than now because we don't like to fantasise about how shit covered the pavement in the old days.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 18 September 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 18:52

That would be the 60s (also had the best music and girls looked the hottest, but you'd also get conscripted to die in Vietnam.

No you follow an alternate pasta based religon so you could avoid conscription.
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 23 September 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 09:07

same as every other pilot!era ww2 spitfires,hurri's and p51's i was born in the wrong era. or jump ahead of now, into space.
mick

Shit yeah man, we missed out on all the good flying.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 23 September 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldnt bother me where they send me as long as its not to that dreadful planet of the apes........... wait a minute ...... statue of liberty.......... that was our planet ....

YOU MANIACS!!!!!!! YOU BLEW IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 23 September 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd like to relive the late 70's to the early 80's I reckon. Only because I'll be fucked if I can remember much of them, especially from about 1975 to 1983.
The Acid was awesome, the Buddha sticks from Thailand were excellent, the speed was as pure as the driven snow and it was all as cheap as chips.

Cheers, Greg.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 23 September 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Farkurnell wrote on Fri, 23 September 2005 16:38

The Acid was awesome, the Buddha sticks from Thailand were excellent, the speed was as pure as the driven snow and it was all as cheap as chips.
Cheers, Greg.

Ahh, them were the days hey, Greg!

But you forgot the music. The music was awesome! Cool

seeyuzz
river
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: what era would you choose ? Fri, 23 September 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
True Shane, but that goes without saying really....lol.
ke20_rolla
Regular

November 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Sun, 25 September 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm 70's for me. love the music, love the cars, love the chicks, pot was good, cops didnt hassle you as much.
i could be wrong about all of that but in my mind it seems perfect.
failing that, it would be 1920's. black pin stripe suit, a limo and a jacket full or cigars. old school gang-sta.
*yes i am sleep deprived*

laters
harley
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: what era would you choose ? Mon, 26 September 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd love to live sometime in the future, like in a Star Trek environment, where mankind had sorted out all its differences, the world was clean, everything futuristic etc. And travel to other planets and solar systems in a matter of days not years. I think this world will tear itself apart long before then though.
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: what era would you choose ? Mon, 03 October 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The era which the movie SEX N ZEN is in

i want to be born so i am an adult in that time . Dont need to tell you guys why Razz
mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: what era would you choose ? Wed, 05 October 2005 19:26 Go to previous message
mid sixties woulda been tops, then i coulda grown up through the 70's and 80's....ahhhh the birth of heavy metal..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Mobile Phone or Electronic Gurus
Next Topic:When Bathurst and F1 just don't cut it
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:33:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0088310241699219 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.