Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 02:51 Go to next message
What is it, what does it do, and why is it used.
  Send a private message to this user  
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 12:51

What is it, what does it do, and why is it used.

ur stubborness is only surpassed by your inability to read/comprehend a simple reply directed straight to you

--CUT AND PASTE FROM ORIGIONAL THREAD--

Dorio86
The twin injectors per cylinder you ask about may refer to when one injector is mounted close to the valves & another injector is fitted to inject into the trumpet from further out. The basic reason for this is because the inner injector may provide more low down performance with the outer injector providing more top end. The ecu controls the "phase in" of the outer injector, as the engine revs. increase, to provide the switch over.This is something you would only consider on a serious racing engine.
emmac.

------------------------------------------

there was no need to continue that thread after the above post..and certainly no need to make 2 new threads, in future when u ask a question, READ PEOPLES REPLYS.
have a nice day
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also said thanks to emmac for that reply.

And I wanted to become a financial member. Rolling Eyes
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you asked the question...you got in a little arguement..you got an answer...you thanked emmec for the answer and continued argueing..the thread was locked....WHY ASK THE SAME FUCKING QUESTION AGAIN AFTER U HAVE BEEN GIVEN AN ANSWER?

forgive my idiocy as i just dont understand why people ask questions 3 times after being answered?
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, according to Ed, i can't whinge, so I can't answer to your whinge, but I'll answer it anyway.

Emmac says in the end that this should be used on a racing engine, but according to the dvd it was used on a black top 16v with amazing results.
I would like another opinion.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My opinion is BAN Razz

Cheers
Wilbo
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if that little black top was tuned off it's little titties, with cams big enough to swallow a country and running alcohol injection (or if it had a big turbo hanging off the side) then there would be a use to it. on a 4a-ge that's running street fuel, no alcohol injection, and no FI, I'd say that a good tune would make the 4a just as responsive and smooth as that extra bank of injectors (which would effectively do nothing anyway - I can't see a n/a 4a being troubled by fueling issues that upgraded injectors could not fix)

good enough for you?
not every touge/D1/random jap modder do things the best/easiest way, and there is definitly a lot of wank factor associated with this setup by the sounds of things.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 13:13

OK, according to Ed, i can't whinge, so I can't answer to your whinge, but I'll answer it anyway.

did you read the posts in the locked thread?

at all?

If you are going to take a dramaticised motoring DVD for the source of all knowledge and wisdom, do the internet world a favour ban yourself.

consider yourself ignored
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thanks guys, I found a book about this.

It's like emmac said, but you don't need a worked engine. This mod helps allot in response, cooling and something about ignition timing. And I got all the information from a 61 year old writer.

draven: Wank factor?? Oh, another biased comment.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 14:33

This mod helps allot in response, cooling and something about ignition timing.

Obviously you've got it all figured out then. Good work tiger.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, staged injection can lower intake temps by up to 30 degrees if done properly on a D1 touge hachi roku.

you'd better hurry and install it before everyone else in this forum who told you how useless it would be sees the error of their ways and wants to get it done!

edit: and it wasn't a biased comment.. it's simple fact that lots of motoring shows/videos are full of crap, and you have to be careful to pick through the BS and stupidity (much like a forum really Smile)

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2005 04:41]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i say fuck em...

get your blacktop, put a second set of injectors on it.
get it dynoed BEFORE and AFTER, and post the charts up here (from a reputable shop.. or even from a TOYMODS DYNO DAY, so there is no bullshit involved), and then we can compare and see if it makes a difference.

fuel is fuel, it's only in special circumstances that there is any benefit from the WAY it is injected.

and you sir, are a whore.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 14:40

yep, staged injection can lower intake temps by up to 30 degrees if done properly on a D1 touge hachi roku.

you'd better hurry and install it before everyone else in this forum who told you how useless it would be sees the error of their ways and wants to get it done!

edit: and it wasn't a biased comment.. it's simple fact that lots of motoring shows/videos are full of crap, and you have to be careful to pick through the BS and stupidity (much like a forum really Smile)

What's your point in winging anyway?
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 14:46

i say fuck em...

get your blacktop, put a second set of injectors on it.
get it dynoed BEFORE and AFTER, and post the charts up here (from a reputable shop.. or even from a TOYMODS DYNO DAY, so there is no bullshit involved), and then we can compare and see if it makes a difference.

fuel is fuel, it's only in special circumstances that there is any benefit from the WAY it is injected.

and you sir, are a whore.

Sounds like a plan.

Calm down and don't take everything so personal, everyone is different.

[Updated on: Sun, 18 September 2005 04:57]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 14:50

Sounds like a plan.

Calm down and don't everything so personal, everyone is different.

but you won't do it. and yes you are different..
persistent, dogged, and a few sandwiches short of a picnic Laughing

jk... sorta
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

enough junk

thread locked

ask this question again in a new thread, with a more specific focus, if you require further clarification.

As to whether this is bubbles or not, that will be looked into

cheers
ed

Quote:

First why did the thread get locket?

I can't give a specific focus because I don't no much about twin injection, but I would like to have a clarified idea of what it is.

If you don't know much, www.justfuckinggoogleit.com until you have a specific idea what you're asking about. When you find all your search results reiterate the descriptions here, ignore them and fly to Japan to seek out "Dori" for the real story.

PS. Isn't "Dori" that stupid discus fish from "Finding Nemo"?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 14:33

Well thanks guys, I found a book about this.

It's like emmac said, but you don't need a worked engine. This mod helps allot in response, cooling and something about ignition timing. And I got all the information from a 61 year old writer.

draven: Wank factor?? Oh, another biased comment.

can you please post up the ISBN of said book, i would also like to read this book (no i'm not checking up, i'm just abotu to order a bunch from amazon (corky, smith etc) and another wouldn't hurt).

thanks in advance Very Happy
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since your being a two face, your intentions are out of malice, so NO.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he is telling u exactly how he feels about u...how is that 2 faced?
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bubbles!mate havnt you worked it out yet?look mate i havnt given you a hard time yet,but mate pull your head in.im more than happy to give anyone advice but mate you are going way, way to far.makes me think back a few years to some inbred gold coast bloke that was driving bill nuts.
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the last time I'm not bubbles.

I ask a couple of question which I got.
But also allot of flaming, must be a toymodes thing.

Anyway I found what I was looking for and thanks, but the immaturity wasn't really necessary. "D1 this blablabla that"
According to Ed this is winging, but it's OK for yous.

DV: When you figure it out send me a post car.

Cya's, I'm heading to Japan tonight, garage motore is out of the way, but I'll see if I can ask him personally.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 15:58

Since your being a two face, your intentions are out of malice, so NO.

actually dude, the reason i (think i) know so much and post so much is because i read far and wide.
every book or journal article gets stored away in my brain somwhere.

and every book is another OPINION abotu something... many things get disproven along the way (like my PhD thesis, showing the last 20-30 years of a certian subject is flawed Razz )

anyway, i WOULD appreciate it if you posted the ISBN so i can also read this book. add it to my collection.

then again, if you don't post the ISBN, then you have just made yourself out to be a fraud. you can't make shit up like that and not get called on it...
i think the P.Smith books (scientific design of....series) were written about 1961, but i don't know authors birthyears...
61 is..1944?

just post the ISBN and many ppl may be satisfied you are not full of it Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: twin injection Sun, 18 September 2005 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 16:41

Cya's, I'm heading to Japan tonight, garage motore is out of the way, but I'll see if I can ask him personally.

let me know where it is, i'd also like to visit Smile

active motor sports garage? thats near fujioka.. maybe next time i hit tokyo Razz
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, here's the pic

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/7563/pdvd0014lu.png

oldcorollas: I don't really care if you or others believe me or not, that's not my problem. I'll give you a tip, the book's about boats.
Anyway, I'm staying in Niigata. Might see some initial D style touge tonight.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as I said - just 'cause some dude on a jap dorfto/car video does it, doesn't mean it's the best/easiest/most sensible thing to do
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep watching initial d and pulling the old fella and all will be well in the morning Laughing
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As your signature says, your running a business and insulting me on a public forum?? That's pretty smart!!
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 20:19

oldcorollas: I don't really care if you or others believe me or not, that's not my problem. I'll give you a tip, the book's about boats.
Anyway, I'm staying in Niigata. Might see some initial D style touge tonight.

spewin.. i'm in Hiroshima next week and then tokyo the week after.. chubu is a little far away for me to be bothered...

meh...

initial D style touge??

so you are going to see some mountain roads tonight Wink (you know that touge means mountain pass??)

and fwiw, no-one goes "Initial D'ing".. it's a cartoon. i think the serious car kiddies will just laugh at you Wink

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Sun, 18 September 2005 11:13

Emmac says in the end that this should be used on a racing engine, but according to the dvd it was used on a black top 16v with amazing results.
I would like another opinion.

Emmac gave you an entirely adequate answer.

Don't take anything you see on some drifting dvd as gospel or accurate. There is no decent reason to use twin injectors on a 20V, unless it is making awesome horsepower, 180ps is nothing special!

Much of the Jap stuff is about wank, a lot of the drifting and touge dvds are about pose and impressing the gullible. That is essentially what everyone is trying to tell you!!

For god's sake! If you reference a certain technical publication in a technical discussion then have the courtesy to supply the reference, otherwise you appear to be full of BS and people will always treat you with derision. Confused
SEXY 16
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 20:43

As your signature says, your running a business and insulting me on a public forum?? That's pretty smart!!

i run no business my british chum, i just sell clothes pegs door to door out of the back of my cortina wagon Cool
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: twin injection Tue, 20 September 2005 11:27 Go to previous message
ye gads!!!

how did i miss the re appearance of this thread?

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

ok - i KNOW ive written stuff on both this forum, and on PF's about this topic, so it is there, just gotta find it to search for it.

anyway - i a nutshell:

the second staged injector located up the intake throat gives a slightly longer mixing time with the incoming air. this does a few things 1) better more homogeneous mix of air fuel resulting in marginally more efficient combustions and 2) the evaporative process allows the air to be cooled a nano-degree cooler before flowing past the throtle resulting in slightly more dense intake charge.

it ONLY works at wide open throttle, anything else and the butterfly gets drenched in fuel (goodbye idle)

its ONLY really worth it on a completely NUTSO engine.

that thing above is NOT a completely nutso engine. its a dude with a spoontah how wants to be creative with little dicky things to do to his engine (us NA boys are limited to what you can tweak on a weekly basis)

end of story

thread locked. not just because of the question, but everyones remarks are getting a little rough...

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Deleted
Next Topic:Auto to Manual Conversion - 4AGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:17:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080559253692627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.