Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » New Toymods Forum

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: New Toymods Forum Fri, 07 October 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if we have put details about our car down incorectly will it tell us our just not let you sign up?
-Calvin
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: New Toymods Forum Sat, 08 October 2005 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the page isnt encrypted and i didnt include my actual address due to possible security issues. this IS an issue as we are giving details about our cars.

if you require that info call me on the provided number..
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: New Toymods Forum Sat, 08 October 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 13:43

the page isnt encrypted and i didnt include my actual address due to possible security issues. this IS an issue as we are giving details about our cars.

That is the exact same reason for me not giving my details down to a tee, as in home address, full name, and car details, the non-encryption worries me a touch, and none of the board members seem to really care about it from what I can read here. I'm expecting my registration to be rejected in the next couple of days. Methinks the process hasn't really been totally thought out security wise. Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: New Toymods Forum Sat, 08 October 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sprinter-Saurus wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 18:41

ae86drift wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 13:43

That is the exact same reason for me not giving my details down to a tee, as in home address, full name, and car details, the non-encryption worries me a touch, and none of the board members seem to really care about it from what I can read here. I'm expecting my registration to be rejected in the next couple of days. Methinks the process hasn't really been totally thought out security wise. Smile

exactly.

if you are rejecting applications based on things like this at least give us some reassurance of the destination and use of such exacting information and how its going to be transferred and kept.

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Sun, 09 October 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont like the regristration process either.

what if the forum gets hacked? a large database full of peoples address and cars?

imagine the legal implications for toymods if this happened.

Still undecided if i will sign up or not.

Daniel.
toyoda
Regular

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forum Sun, 09 October 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
new forum rego is a fkn joke.

i reged first time, fair enough i didnt put my real number.
got knocked back

2nd time i filled it in for real.
still knocked back.

fuck that,
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: New Toymods Forum Sun, 09 October 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your faith in the people who freely provide these forums to you guys.... Rolling Eyes

... if you have identified a potential problem thanks to your level of knowledge and ability, how about looking into or suggesting a solution rather than standing back and complaining?

Not being a complete nerd and knowing the answers to these encryption questions, i cannot comment on them.

All i can give to defend this is say that the board has lead by example - all of the board members have filled out this same signup form completely and accurately.

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Sun, 09 October 2005 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Karl,

I'm not sure about the others but i am not having a go at the toymods board members. I am sure alot of time and effort has gone into the implimentation of the new forums, and i understand that it was done so to benefit the whole toymods community.

However,

Even though the new screening process is excellent in theory, I and im sure many other toymods members would be reluctant to give out such detailed personal information.

In the case of data logging or even forums hacking the entire user database may be stolen. Everyones address, Full name contact phone number would become available along with a detailed description of the vehicle within the forums would be available.

See what i mean?

If this scenario did happen and a forum member's vehicle gets stolen whats to stop them blaming toymods car club for this occuring. It is quite possable that Toymods could be forced to admit liability of the theft. This is irrespective of whether the information stolen was the direct cause of the theft or not.

this is my major concern with the system. (unless you are going into the market research field and are going to sell off our info bastards! Wink )

As for a fix, the only thing i can think of at the moment is that all personal details are deleted after authorisation.

Hope this helps see why some users may be reluctant to sign up to the new forums.

Daniel.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: New Toymods Forum Sun, 09 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the reason munki has outlined is exactly why i wont be providing those details

sure have my phone number
if you need my address call me to find it out
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Toymods Forum Mon, 10 October 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how come we cant change our avatar?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forum Mon, 10 October 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paying members only.

I think when you reach either a certain amount of posts, or a certain rep status, you can get one though.

Check the FAQ
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Toymods Forum Mon, 10 October 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okley dokely
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: New Toymods Forum Thu, 13 October 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the discussion of data security has been made, and the board is looking at options for securing and safely storing such sensitive information.

The IT boys know more, but inital talk pointed to storing the private details in a safe/encrypted/remotely stored file that is held for safe keeping, only to be used when the need is absolute.

Progress Smile
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Fri, 14 October 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a step in the right direction. The entering of data needs to be through a secure page as well. This is not very hard to set up.

I'm surprised that the 'IT Boys' are not answering these questions themselves though.
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: New Toymods Forum Wed, 19 October 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason the It's Boys aren't in this thread replying is cuase they are flat out with their lives and the new forum.

What free time they have and are able to spare is going into setting up the new forums and sorting the problems that you guys are all complaining about.

So this all leaves very little time to come and check out this thread. At time Toymods is almost another full time job.

I will call or email one of the It board members and get them to post in here and explain exactly whats going on.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Thu, 20 October 2005 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 09:46

..... and sorting the problems that you guys are all complaining about.

For me personally I would say I am not complaining. I (and others in this thread) am just pointing out what in reality are some obvious flaws.

Thanks
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: New Toymods Forum Thu, 20 October 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Thu, 20 October 2005 12:01

For me personally I would say that i am bitching and whining. I (and others in this thread) am just pointing out repeatedly what in reality are flaws that occur in every new forum, especially if none of us are offereing to help fix the issues.

Thanks

fixed Wink

(not a personal attack, just a summary of posts above Razz )
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Thu, 20 October 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 09:29

I just did my registration and accidently put ST185R as my chassis number instead of my VIN Chassis number Embarassed Embarassed is my application likely to be rejected ?

Mate we really don't want to get people's VIN numbers. The question is for the chassis code, ie AW11 ST185 etc. The questions are for make model and chassis code.

An example of expected answers would be:
Make Toyota
Model Corrola
Chassis Code AE92

I know this is late but the reply is for others who may be asking the same thing.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Thu, 20 October 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stuart or a funny guy. Bit of a wanker, but still funny.

Help like this: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=83452&start=0&rid=374&S=e64139fb6399 bf6f335d7502e042ed8f

Although not directly related to concerns raised here I think he made a good offer. I myself have offered (quite some time ago) some help in these regards and was not taken up on it. So........
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: New Toymods Forum Fri, 21 October 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i would prefer if the details were sent encrypted or over a 'secure connection' as well, but really I'm not overly fussed about it. Everyone is justifiably paranoid, and i hope that the security issues can be sorted out sooner or later. But let's face it, anyone who is very *serious* about stealing your stuff will be able to do it without the help of a database with your address etc, the internet simply isn't that 'safe a place' regardless of what information you choose to send.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: New Toymods Forum Fri, 21 October 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quite a while ago, I modded some forum code to allow us to export pm's to CSV. Any chance this will be implemented?

Cheers,
Dave
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forum Sat, 29 October 2005 11:42 Go to previous message
im not sure if it was answered for us above but someone asked the question in regards to be able to veiw saved private messages. i too have alot of useful information (mainly from stuart) in my private messages which would be good to hang onto.

i think the secure encryption when sending your details would be benifictial for peice of mind when sending your details.

at the end of the day if you dont want to take RESPONSIBILITY for your actions over the internet and your posts then simple gooooo away and do it somewhere else. like stated many many many times before the forum is here as a benifit for financial members and to help promote the club. we dont want people like who we currently have on here representing a bad image for the club by promoting illegal activites ect when at the end of the day the only association they actually have with the club is that they know how to type www.forums.toymods.org.au into their web browser.

jsut something for the moderators to consider. can we have a group PM sent out to everyone informing us say a week before these forums are locked so we can either delelte or modify stuff like members rides threads cuase i know i wont want mine staying up there never to be removed if you know wat i mean?

cheers guys, keep up the good work Heart Heart
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spamming and Phishing
Next Topic:Monthly Meetings
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:15:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079939365386963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.