Toymods » General Car Talk » Petrol better then other states of OZ

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 01:04 Go to next message
Hey guys

Just want to your opinion, i usually don't like running optimax for my car (back in nsw), but now in QLD i used optimax here and it seems heaps better here, is it possible that different states have better quality fuel then others?
  Send a private message to this user    
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps your car is just choking at nsw prices Smile

my car pretty much refuses to run on optimax.

mobil 6000/8000 or bp ultimate its sweet with though.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Comes from a different refinery maybe so that could be the reason. I only run ultimate as don't have access to mobil or caltex in my area and optimax is just plain shit.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ARRGH... So sick of petrol threads...

MY HEAD!!!

Most likely NSW has the best petrol since the only two petrol refineries are located in NSW... BP's is in like Thailand or something... Remembering petrol has almost a 30 day shelf life, so the further away it is made, the poorer the quality...

If you decide to dispute anything I say dont bother because I wont be reading this thread again Wink
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 4age mr2 runs sweet on optimax but the 4agze pretty much bluntly refuses to run on it.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 15:57

ARRGH... So sick of petrol threads...

MY HEAD!!!

Most likely NSW has the best petrol since the only two petrol refineries are located in NSW... BP's is in like Thailand or something... Remembering petrol has almost a 30 day shelf life, so the further away it is made, the poorer the quality...

If you decide to dispute anything I say dont bother because I wont be reading this thread again Wink

petrol has a shelf life?
hmmm never knew that Smile
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats what I was told by the president of the NSW Old Holden Club... I only replied because I was emailed your reply... Razz

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 13:57

Most likely NSW has the best petrol since the only two petrol refineries are located in NSW... BP's is in like Thailand or something...

Eh? Wha? Huh?
nath437
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to me petrol is petrol, altho my engine didnt like that any of that old fuel that safeway used to use before they did that deal with caltex, now it seams to like it better
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here in the ACT where we're better than you we get petrol that is far superior to the petrol that other states are using.

Our cheapest Woolworths brand petrol is 99 octance, the Elf racing fuel is the stuff I usually fill up with and it costs $1.56/L at the moment, shits all over Avgas.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 17:19

Here in the ACT where we're better than you we get petrol that is far superior to the petrol that other states are using.

Our cheapest Woolworths brand petrol is 99 octance, the Elf racing fuel is the stuff I usually fill up with and it costs $1.56/L at the moment, shits all over Avgas.

Given everything else canberra gets i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case Razz
nath437
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dammit! i feel so crap now! i want basic petrol at that oct level!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Tue, 20 September 2005 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't believe everything you read on the intahnet Wink
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Wed, 21 September 2005 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i heard that in the ducadi manual it says not to use optimax.
not sure if its true though.

but i do know that its shit. if u leave it sitting there for a little while it will gel up ur fuel lines and clog ur injectors. especially now cos less people are buying 98octane fuel to save some cash, so it sits in their tanks for longer...
i recon synergy 8000 is the best, but everyones open to their own opinion.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Wed, 21 September 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if i could gain access to some synegry 8000 i could give it a comparison but low and behold the only mobil in the area doesn't stock it.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Wed, 21 September 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i heard that ..............not sure if its true though

BE ALERT BUT NOT ALARMED

Quote:

but i do know that its shit. if u leave it sitting there for a little while it will gel up ur fuel lines and clog ur injectors.

Really, you have had this happen?

I have used it and also have had it sit unused for periods in excess of twelve months and have not seen any such issue.

All fuel if left long enough will turn into a thick gel like substance, I had some regular unleaded in a jar for about 5 years before it started to thicken.

God bless the standard poorly maintained p00 boxes that are giving evaluations on octane and fuel quality, I love it Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Wed, 21 September 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beleive me you can feel the difference between them. My neighbours have an old ke rolla any how after sitting stationary for over 15 years they thru a little oil and petty in it, battery and it started first go, runs like shit but what do you expect.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Wed, 21 September 2005 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Beleive me you can feel the difference between them.

Really!!! I have never tried different types of fuel.
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Petrol better then other states of OZ Fri, 30 September 2005 02:55 Go to previous message
79rollaboy wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 15:52

Most likely NSW has the best petrol since the only two petrol refineries are located in NSW... BP's is in like Thailand or something... .

WTF drugs are you on:

Company Location Capacity (barrels per day)

Caltex/Ampol
Lytton, Qld 100 000
Kurnell, NSW 116 000

BP/Amoco
Kwinana, WA 138 500
Bulwer Island, Qld 86 500

Mobil
Altona, Vic 135 000
Port Stanvac, SA 78 000

Shell
Geelong, Vic 119 000
Clyde, NSW 86 000

This info was dated Sep 2001, but I work at BP refinery in Brisbane, my mate works at Caltex refinery Brisbane, BP's refinery Kwinana WA works just fine and the company I work for is delivering equipment to Shell's Geelong and Clyde refineries.

Jesus some people can write some crap!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 in Tasmania
Next Topic:car carring/towing devices
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:29:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006458044052124 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.