Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Thermostat change on 4A-GE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
nufsixes
Newcomer

September 2005
icon5.gif  Thermostat change on 4A-GE Tue, 20 September 2005 05:59 Go to next message
Hello all - just bought a AE92 SX Seca and have the "cool running" syndrome. Any tips/hints on changing the thermostat? Do I need to drain ALL the coolant? Does it need to be bled afterwards, and do I need gasket cement or is the o-ring sufficient? Thanks.
  Send a private message to this user    
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Thermostat change on 4A-GE Tue, 20 September 2005 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did this to a mates car the other day, really is quite simple.
Just drain the coolant by taking off the bottom radiator hose (we couldn't find the drain plug, so we just did that)
unscrew things like your air intake hose to get some free space, unscrew the hoses, but dont worry about the back one, you only need to remove the front part of the thermostat.
Take it out, pull ould thermostat out, replace and put the o-ring back on. Make a note of the way u pull the old one out to u make sure you don't get it wrong.
Bolt it all back up, re-attatch hoses, replace the coolant and start her up! check for leaks and then go for a drive!
Should only take you about 30 mins to an hour. The most time consuming bit is taking the plastic underbody shit off, but it you just reach down and take the bottom radiator hose off and let the coolant leak everywhere then you will save some time!
Goodluck.
-Whitchy-
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Thermostat change on 4A-GE Tue, 20 September 2005 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHITCHY wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 15:05

IMake a note of the way u pull the old one out to u make sure you don't get it wrong.

Just clarifying here, but wha?

EDIT: do you mean back to front, not upside down?

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 07:16]

nufsixes
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: Thermostat change on 4A-GE Thu, 22 September 2005 04:08 Go to previous message
Thanks WHITCHY - task was carried out this morning with no hassles. FYI - the radiator drain is on the bottom of the radiator just on top of the near side plastic splash guard. I removed the splash guard to drain the radiator. The owner's manual also said to take off the heater hose near the firewall, and to fill the radiator until the coolant comes out at the heater hose, so I did that to ensure no air in the system. Temp gauge now sits right on half way point, but need to check temp when driving to work in early morning as well to make sure it is right now.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Value For money (and Traction) Tyres
Next Topic:lsd for st141
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:10:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039169788360596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.