Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Rivers little petrol saver!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 12:39 Go to next message
Hi,

Hey, hey, hey.... in SA I can ride a motor scooter up to 50cc on my car licence. How civilised is that!

So, I can buy me a little, itty-bitty Honda Today50 49cc motor scooter and scoot about the flatlands here in Adelaide - at 65km per litre and a 5 litre tank. That sounds cool.

Anyone here driven one of these miniture death-traps?

I'm seriosly thinking about it, but I may try and jam in an 18RG or failing that, just turbo it. I think a baby blow-off valve, which sounds like a baby sneezing, would add class to my aging bulk hunkered over a baby motor-scooter. Which reminds me, I must get a full set of leathers and next time I'm in Sydney pick up my old Darth Vader helmet and my fake drradlock hair piece. What a striking, fearsome image I'll conjure. Smile

seeyuzz
river
  Send a private message to this user    
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
duuuuude, get one of these instead...
quite popular over here and look TUFF Razz

http://www.honda.co.jp/motor-lineup/ape/image/ape_index_main.jpg
http://www1.suzuki.co.jp/motor/stmagicII/images/top_img.jpg
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Yeah, they look okay. Dunno if these things are in Australia and how much they cost (if they are).

I think I'm gonna have to get a bike so I can take pics of tattooed jap chicks on them....... seeing they're not coming from you Wink

seeyuzz
river

PS: Goth jap chick pics would be cool also Smile (Certainly more interesting then seeing a ski field behind the city)
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but but.. they're the scary ones Shocked Shocked ..... and it's not like i'm in harajuku.. Sapporo is like japans equivalent of tasmania.. except without the inbreeding Razz

here's one i prepared earlier....

http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/mini-bike.jpg
http://tattoo.by/tattoo/image/japan_tattoos/japan_tattoos2.jpg

haven't quite got them merged yet, but working on it
bluehachi
Regular

September 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River i too have thought about getting a scooter.. and then getting one of these http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/nos_sneaky_pete _kits/

GT autosound and Zoom/hot 4's fitted this kit to a scooter and rigged it up to the horn button. doubled the total hp altogether and still reliable!

crazy!
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing get a thumpstar type {dirt} or a pocket rocket{road}
ebay would be a cheap place to start
get an 8 inch sub woofer under the seat or a custom box on the helmet rack, put 4inch splitz in the front and amplify an mp3 player with the smallest 2 channel amp you can find maybe a small inverter and capacitor to run the power Very Happy
that way you can save fuel and still have fully sik bass for the chix to dance to
getting said chix home would be another matter Laughing
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Oh, don't be such a scaredy cat!!!!

Is that jap chick pic full on tats???? If so, I am most impressed. That looks hawt!!!!

Now don't be a woosy boy and take some wicked pics for good old uncle river. Smile

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stu, you'd better be packing a few of these hot jap chicks in a briefcase to bring back for me
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a scooter, its a bit mangled (mate got hit on it, and front suspension is rooted, thats why i got it cheap.

ive been driving it awkwardly up and down the street now for 2 weeks or so, and the petrol guage hasnt dropped at all.

its really fuel efficient but its so so dirty...

mines still registered too..

she will eb sold when fixed... (to a toymods member?!?!?!!?)

Eldar.O.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

THanks for the bike tips guys. I may even whack on a cannon muffler and make my ride fully sik and hektik!!!

Drav-baby, you never cease to amaze me how quickly you find any mention of "goth" in these forums. Smile

Also, the only thing Stu is packing is shit 'cos he too scared to take a few pics, let alone pack a sweet little ricicle in his suit case. Wink

Anyway, off to bed for me 'cos I am now a big swinging dick manager and have to bully people tomorrow to make them work to make me look good - though I do miss those halcyon days when I just bludged around home and was a kept man.

seeyuzz
river
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here River this is what you need. I can just picture you cruising to work on this.
A Mini Chopper.
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/820/minichopper2gl.jpg
Dark classes & bandanna rulez.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Tue, 20 September 2005 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an original 1980's Z50, their a cool little bike and go forever. Max speed i got on one was about 75Kph before the excess power being generated by the overrevving engine popped the lights (this was at night on an un-lit country road, so kinda scary to be plunged into darkness all of a sudden)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/craigs_red_hachi/Picture020.jpg
You can get fully road registered replicas for not much cash these days, and if you want to be sneaky, a CT110 postie engine will bolt straight in Very Happy Thats over double the capacity (plus 5 speed instead of 3) Evil or Very Mad
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha
i can see a power pocket bike cruise!
top speed 60km Laughing

name: river
vechile: pocket bke
engine: 50cc single cyl
power: 10kw@8000 25nm@3500 haha
mods: pod filter, turbo, bov, i/c,nos and neons to give awesome glow
ice: mp3 unit, 3" custom box, 1 8' sub in bag space.
coments: i tried to fit the old 18rg motor in but need tomuch work but it fully smokes the wheels bro!!!

Laughing Laughing
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive seen a few people riding these around
kinda funny watching someone who is 2 or 3 times its size putt down the road Laughing
TougeVitz
Regular

July 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can see this becoming a new trend...
imagine it...a little bike or scooter, neons, LED lights, 8" subs....oh god...what is this world coming to... Shocked
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you'd probably die in Sydney... Adelaid emay be a bit safer tho..

here in japan, the speed limits are really low, typically 30-40km/hr, with the main roads 50 or... shck horror, even 60!!

but since there are traffic lights every 50m or so, you never get too much speed up....

so anyway, thats why the bikes are so popular here... plus you can park them where bicycles can park (as there is fuckall car parking around)

River, want mw to get pics of various models around here? (and YES, ppl do have Neons on them Razz )
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here are few on ebay at the moment
Cool http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dirt-Bike-Motor-Cross-110cc -Pocket-Rocket_W0QQitemZ4576352639QQcategoryZ32074 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-EXTREME-R1-2006-Pocket- BIKE-49cc-Scooter-Gas-red_W0QQitemZ7183778214QQcat egoryZ75222QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-blue-110cc-SPORTS-STREE TFIGHTER-pocket-bike_W0QQitemZ7183832504QQcategory Z75222QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemhttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/110CC-POCKET-BIKE-SPIDER-CH OPPER-4-STROKE-4-SPEED-NEW_W0QQitemZ4576371604QQca tegoryZ102580QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why not just get a 125 or 250cc road bike Rolling Eyes
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in the UK they have a service for the drunk...
a guy rides one of these over to where ur at. packs it up and puts it in the boot, then drives ur car home with u in it. then unpacks it and moves onto the next drunkard. costs about twice as much as a cab, but u wont have to organise somone to drop u back in the morn to get ur car, so works out well imo.

i think this would really work here

i saw it on TOP GEAR. that show ROCKS
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 15:19

Why not just get a 125 or 250cc road bike Rolling Eyes

Anything over 50cc requires a bike license in SA. I don't have such a license - hence the requirement for 50cc.

seeyuzz
river
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul, those pocket bikes are dodgy...

however the offerings from the actual bike manufacturers are rideable and much safer.

and that one has a 110cc engine Rolling Eyes
paulst162
Regular

April 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Wed, 21 September 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 16:30

paul, those pocket bikes are dodgy...

however the offerings from the actual bike manufacturers are rideable and much safer.

and that one has a 110cc engine Rolling Eyes

yer so are most fings on ebay Razz
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/254/turbobike1cw.jpg

there you go river!!!!

Laughing Laughing
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing

"my leg, it burns!"
tripmcneily
Regular

May 2004
tripmcneily
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now that little turbo yz is the shiznit!!!

Frikon awesome...
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

That's the cutest little turbo I have ever seen. I love it! Smile

seeyuzz
river
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahahahah, thats the sicest. but u would get sum nasty welts from that shit.

imagine a sic lil front mount on it Razz ahahha and a pod filter. like a tiny flutter Very Happy
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bigger than the bike !!!
imagine the bracing it would require
http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/RUSSIANRED.htm

perfect for a 50cc bike
hows 4x off a 4a block sound with quad carbies ?
http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/SMALLEST.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 23 September 2005 15:59]

h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Fri, 23 September 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha i emailed the company tha make those tiny turbos and he said there perfect for wuick spool on 500cc+ but are quite good for about 200cc but the tign was worth $1600 brand new or was $600 eh think it was $1600 from memory and im like bah fuck that
towe_001
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: Rivers little petrol saver! Sat, 24 September 2005 00:18 Go to previous message
draven wrote on Tue, 20 September 2005 23:23

stu, you'd better be packing a few of these hot jap chicks in a briefcase to bring back for me

Stu, i'd like to place an order as well Razz but unlike draven just the one.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NWS... something to think about when getting that jap import.
Next Topic:Locking/restricting access to winblows folders?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:40:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.007256031036377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.