Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » who has a gze and tacho dont work??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Wed, 05 June 2002 11:08 Go to next message
i can have a conversion box made up... to make ur tacho work for a gze. It costs $50.
very simple to connect.
4 wires in all.

if u are interested in buying one, let me know and I'll get it made for you. Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 05 June 2002 14:43]

Send a private message to this user    
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon3.gif  Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Wed, 05 June 2002 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know if when doing a 20v conversion into a AE86 if the original tacho works or not?? might be interested if it does not!
corollaman
Occasional Poster

June 2002
icon12.gif  Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy boy I would love one. You can call me on 0414 396267 or you can email me at simon@airbrake.net.

Cheers Simon Rolling
trd2nv
Regular

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill take one aswell in two weeks times tho ill msg you thens laters
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys... i forgot to mention...
this will only work if your gze does NOT have a dizzy Sad
so.... as long as it is not the mr2 version .. then ur right! Very Happy
trd2nv
Regular

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
huh whats a dizzy actullay ill take one nows when can i get one,& when can you arranged one for me thanks i also have a ae92 sx with a ae92 levin 4agze map sensor engine that box will work for it rite?

my email is trd2nv@hotmail.com
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have no problems there...

dizzy is in the old cars...another word for distributor

map is good!
hehehe
afm is good as long as u dont have that dizzy.. round thing that looks like a medusa head with all the leads danlging from it. Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 09 June 2002 01:44]

whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Love your description troy! Smile It looks a bit like a medusa head with all the leads danlging about I reckon.

Dizzy is another word for distributor. It bascially tells the spark plugs when to fire. If you have the map gze it has a crank angle sensor and coils so troy's conversion box will do just the trick.

trd2nv
Regular

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 06 June 2002 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
troy have you got a diagram or somtink to show how 2 wire that box up 2 the ae92 sx could you show us how thanks and when are you able 2 get one in for me i live in adelaide btw
corollaman
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Fri, 07 June 2002 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troyboy, yeah mine is the twin coil type so if you could arrange one that would be sweet.

Simon
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Fri, 07 June 2002 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had one made up today...

i'll test it b4 i give it to u on my engine....

hopefully ready mid week... (long weekend)

can prolly drop it to u corolla man!

trd2nv ... i'll get one foru too...
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Fri, 07 June 2002 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so is your "box" taking a negative side of the coil signal and outputting it to a 5v signal for your dash?

What signal does your dash expect to see?

I have the same/similar problem, i have a 7mgte in an MA61 and would love to get the tacho working after 3years. I have tried everything.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon12.gif  Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sat, 08 June 2002 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Troboy,

Contact me on youngy99@hotmail and I will gladly get one of the magic boxes!

Cheers
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sat, 08 June 2002 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all is well....

tried and tested the box in my car today.... all the way to 7 grand ..(rev limit) hehehe Smile so... Simon, urs is ready...

i'll contact u guys SOON! .. before Wednesday...

trd2nv... i'll have to work it out... im in sydney... but thats not a big deal .. it'll be ready after long weekend .. Tuesday/Wednesday.

SupraGTE - i'll have a test unit soon this week... (end of week) i work in Chatswood... close to u i think .. we can hook up or something to test it out.....

Youngy .. where abouts are you??? i can have one made in a few days after tuesday/wednesday....

Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling Rolling
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sat, 08 June 2002 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Troyboy,

I'm in Sydney actually.
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sun, 09 June 2002 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trd2nv wrote on Fri, 07 June 2002 4:23 AM

troy have you got a diagram or somtink to show how 2 wire that box up 2 the ae92 sx

sure trd...
i will have a digram with pic of where u can wire up the box...
step by step! Smile
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 10 June 2002 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TroyBoy:

You Mean MAP 4A-GZE and AE86 tacho Problems?

If 'tis the case then me be interested as long as it's accurate.

Do I have to order now or can you still get them in 2 or so months?

How would I pay for one to come to Adelaide?

troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 10 June 2002 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure... whats the problem withthe 86??

i know this fixes problems for the australian gauges...
if the 86 is the same.. then yes it will fix the problem.
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 10 June 2002 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the problem with the GZE and 86 tacho is that later GZE's put out a tacho signal based from the twin coils whereas, the 86 uses a single coil taco signal.
UP4SUM
Regular

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 10 June 2002 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea troy i might as well get one
Gremlin
Regular

June 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll take one...
let me know how to contact you and i'll be there...
this box only worls for tacho's that already use a dual coil signal, right??
So my AE-71 won't work??
I wanna get a new tacho anyways

Thanks dude.
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this fixes the tacho which cannot accept the dual coil

like a standard corrola... using a gze engine...

.... not sure if that answers ur question
Gremlin
Regular

June 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweeeet....
I was wondering that the hell i was going to do about my tacho..
so i turned to Toymods and all is well...
Whenever you have one lying around i'll take it
trd2nv
Regular

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
troy so when will my magic box be finished and how will i pay you do you want me 2 deposit the money into ur account if so how much ?

cant wait to c my revs rise
daniel
Newcomer

June 2002
icon14.gif  Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy Boy,
I just purchased a 87 seca, with a 4AGZE motor with Microtec computer and my Taco doesn't, looks like i may need one of your boxes ASAP. Can I please get a response on how to forward you the money so i can have one. I live in Ingleburn my mobile number is 0405367608, i do not mind driving to pick it up can you please get back to me ASAP. The boys from Clintons Toyota in Campbelltown gave me this page and informed me everything i needed i could find.
Thanks, Daniel
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah yes i spoke to you today at work, good to see you found your way to toymods no troubles. nice car btw Smile
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi all
ok i have about 6 ready so far... with 7 orders
i will contact each of you individually
more on the way soon...

orders:

corollaman (sold)
trd2nv (sold)
up4sum (ready)
gremlin (ready)
bill (sold)
daniel (ready)
daniel bridge (not ready but will be)

rex....
if ur engine spits out signal from 2 coils, then this box will work....

supragte ... did u want to test out the box for ur car?

[Updated on: Sat, 15 June 2002 04:42]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon8.gif  Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Troyboy,

I am going to have to bail at this point due to this June 30 thing and the tax dept.

So hopefully you can get that box to Daniel on your list above.

Thanks man.
trd2nv
Regular

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
ummm were should we put the box in the engine bay or were the computer sits and about were is the tacho wire what do you mean by that, do you mean the wire from the computer thens to the dash? because mines not hooked up the single tacho wire from the computer to the dash i just left the wire hanging off the stock computer..
Rex_Kelway
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rex'll Have one (as long as its accurate)

Me not actually have engine yet, am still collecting parts though (Hotham trip put dent in finances).

How to get converter to me and money to you?

Am in Adelaide (two_fat_ladies@hotmail.com)
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Tue, 11 June 2002 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically...

connect the 2 coil packs to the box. (if u have a look it's the black wire with white up the side).. if u disconnect the plug from the coil .. its the wire facing the firewall on each plug... 2 wires per plug.

from the box connect to ground
connect single tacho wire to output wire on box.

u may have to pull out instrument panel to get to the tacho wire...

no computer necessary here.... u can leave that one hanging if u wish.

the other question ...

i can give bank details
i can do COD.

whatever ur fancy
mikejay
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sat, 15 June 2002 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Troy

Iam Mike Porlo From Porlo Engineering in NZ. Iam interested in purchasing 50 or more tacho boxs. Any chance of supply or a lead to the distributor? I would be interested in a bulk rate if you can supply. I have a TTS no. for supply in performance boards and I would be very interested in a long term relations in other circuits you can supply. I would be very interested in speaking to you soon. Many thanks

regards
MP
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sat, 15 June 2002 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like uve hit something good here troy Very Happy
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sun, 16 June 2002 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i might look into getting a copyright or something like that if possible before someone screws you over and steals your idea.
Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sun, 16 June 2002 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy,

Are these converters suitable for early model (high voltage) tacho's or only for late model 12 volt tacho's?
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 17 June 2002 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Grant

So far it has only been tested on my dash...

what are the differences voltage wise????

Grant
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 17 June 2002 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will email you direct on this rather than discuss it on the forum.

Grant
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Wed, 19 June 2002 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mike..
I PM'd u... was wondering if u have received the message...

mikejay
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Wed, 19 June 2002 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy Could you plase email me at mikeporlo@hotmail.com

cheers
MP
Just Engine Management
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 20 June 2002 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Troy,

are you reproducing the tacho box i made for your car?

Thanks.
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 20 June 2002 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Adam,

Your box kept having glitches even after almost a year of running it in.. Nope

Would work fine for a while, then totally go heywire...

A mate of mine,(bit of a guru) had a look at the box and changed some things some where... (not sure - i have no idea about the electronics dept.) and now it seems much better...

So we decided that there must be more ppl who want the tacho to work... and made the post on the forum. Rolling

[Updated on: Thu, 20 June 2002 03:06]

Just Engine Management
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 20 June 2002 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really? out of the dozens i've done you're the first one to report a fault... im glad to hear you sorted it out:nod:
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Thu, 20 June 2002 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
totally weird.. the revs would be stable...
then all of a sudden...
drop to 0 then back to say 4 then back to zero...
up and down like a yoyo...

of course u'd expect the few glitches, at some time.. but not all the time.

had the shits with it.. and got a mate to look at it..
i was without revvs for a week b4 he got a new box back to me

[Updated on: Fri, 21 June 2002 01:43]

blutie
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Sun, 13 October 2002 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Troy, did you get my last 2 emails sent 10/10 &11/10?????
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 14 October 2002 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far As i understand, with each 2 times the coil fires to the distrbitutor, that represents 1 revolution of the motor (on a 4 cylinder), its 3 times for a six. The negative side of the coil is energised as soon as the coil energises the dizzy, this is the pulse the tacho receives. The tacho circuit deciphers this and converts to RPM.
In the instance of a twin coil setup, the coils will only each fire once during a complete cycle (2revolutions), so the box presuming converts this into a form the tacho knows and can use. IE multiplies the signal to the tacho from the input.
gt20v
Regular

July 2002
Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 14 October 2002 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it work for a quad-coil setup on a 20v and ae86 stock tacho? Smile
[mikey]
Regular

May 2002

Re: who has a gze and tacho dont work?? Mon, 14 October 2002 10:52 Go to previous message
depends, circuit might have to be modified? you'd have to speak to circuit maker..
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Paint Layers
Next Topic:AE 92 air con
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Oct 26 16:26:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076291561126709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.