Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Nintendo Revolution Controller Tue, 20 September 2005 20:44 Go to next message
It's finally been released and sounds pretty damn awesome!
Have a read:
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

Revolution games will definitely not be anything like games on other platforms. For the metroid prime demo apparently you use the left hand to control moving forward, backwards, strafing etc. and the right hand uses the pointer.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/651/651275/hands-on-the-revolution-controller-20050915054930644-000.jpg

For more traditional games the pointer thingy can slot into a wavebird type 'shell' and is like a conventional controller.

I can't wait to see what kind of ideas Nintendo and other developers come up with for this new controller!

[Updated on: Tue, 20 September 2005 20:49]

Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Tue, 20 September 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm interesting
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Tue, 20 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
interesting, but like all other nintendo crap: i wont be buying it.
ehendrikd
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Tue, 20 September 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* power glove *cough*

but yeah does definately opens the door to more interesting ways of interacting with the games, but of course with every bold attempt to change the way things are done, it is yet to be seen if it actually catches on.

they made a big step forward that every console manufacturer copied with the digital proportional joystick on the n64 controller, we'll have to see if people end up waving the ps3 dual shock around as well Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Tue, 20 September 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I reckon it'd suck, personally i have not seen a better controller than the xbox one it rocks, my logitech wingman comes close but doesn't have the analogue triggers, honest there is no need for a steering wheel because of it.

Also how long befor a kid tugs on the cable and snap link between the remote and controller.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you think that the Xbox controller is good let alone the best then you are as dumb as everyone says you are. Surprised
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 10:41

If you think that the Xbox controller is good let alone the best then you are as dumb as everyone says you are. Surprised

I find it ten times easier and better to use than the playstation controller, it sits very nicely in your hands and every button is easy to reach and well placed, generally those that don't like are female/kids cos they have small hands. I love it, you can play for hours on end and your hands don't get saw. I have played a playstation for a long period of time and generally my palms or thumbs get saw after a while.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the only thing i think playstation controller has over X-box controller is:

A: they didnt have to realese 2 controllers (got it right first time)

b: its better for button mashing

other then that the x-box controller is really well setup, the cube controller was the most awkward thing ever to try and use.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That controller will be tough to use for those missing an arm or hand or even a finger or two.

The pinnacle of game controllers was the joystick used on the ATARI games console in the 80's. It was indestructable.
johne
Regular

March 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll have to agree with SIMDOG, the xbox controller is far from the best in my opinion was just too fat unless you have a third party controller anyways, heres an ad on the revolution controller

http://www.uglyjackass.com/media/videos/?id=ninten do_revolution_controller

looks fun, but we''l just have to wait and see how things work out.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pwns all

http://darkwatcher.psxfanatics.com/console/controllers/cont2600.jpg
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ps2? pffftt xbox??? pfffttt
g0t nes?
http://www.retrogames.co.uk/stock/assets/images/Mach_-_Nes_Controller.jpg
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 12:46

pwns all

I think they come standard with teethmarks in em.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:22

lets see you play something like counter-strike or UT2004 with this ?

those controllers are good...DAM GOOD, but the fact of matter is that games have changed quite a bit and so controllers are gonna have to change with em
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the N64 controller was cool, very comfy, and the position of the Z button was very good
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found it weird it needed two stalks one is just wrong.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree the 64 controller was awesome, especially for gun games like golden eye, because you naturally always had your finger over the Z button. It felt weird though, holding it to use the D pad.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
X-box is very ergonomic, ps2 is about as advanced as a sharp rock.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mouse + keyboard all teh way.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah no controller is ever gonna live up to the speed and realiability and cost of a keyboard and mouse. lets seem squeeze 102 buttons onto a controller Evil or Very Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 15:21

Who plays FPS' on consols? Confused

bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 22:53

Keyboard + mouse ownz. Cool

X-Box controllers are crap. PS2 controllers are the best layed out as far as I'm concerned, but yeah, they kinda make my hand hurt after a while.

I found the N64 flimsy. The joysick felt tacky and lose, and the actual controller felt to light, and the buttons where a bit rickety. The layout was good though.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 09:45

Also how long befor a kid tugs on the cable and snap link between the remote and controller.

Err you mean the link between remote and controller that will be in your hands and is about 50cm long? Yeah pretty hard for a little kid to snap that while it's in your hands eh?
Rolling Eyes
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 23:22

ever heard of a game called halo.....or medal of honor...the UT series came out on x-box aswell (a slower, toned down version)
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 00:37

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 09:45

Err you mean the link between remote and controller that will be in your hands and is about 50cm long? Yeah pretty hard for a little kid to snap that while it's in your hands eh?
Rolling Eyes

Um it looks more like 20cm in the pic Wink
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 23:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well im gonna come in and stir things up because personally i think the game cube controller is one of the best controllers, comfy and easy to use. The first xbox controller released is shit coronaRT142 u got nfi u were prob using their second released controller which r better because they down sized the over weight first versions.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

bathurst-91 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 22:53

Keyboard + mouse ownz. Cool

X-Box controllers are crap. PS2 controllers are the best layed out as far as I'm concerned, but yeah, they kinda make my hand hurt after a while.

I found the N64 flimsy. The joysick felt tacky and lose, and the actual controller felt to light, and the buttons where a bit rickety. The layout was good though.

Yeah the 64 controller was awesome except for the flimsy joystick which wore out big time. If they had one of the new style joysticks it would be good.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 09:20

Well im gonna come in and stir things up because personally i think the game cube controller is one of the best controllers, comfy and easy to use. The first xbox controller released is shit coronaRT142 u got nfi u were prob using their second released controller which r better because they down sized the over weight first versions.

Ahh noo i have the full size xbox controllers as i got my xbox the first time they dropped the price to 380 bucks, the controller S hadn't even been released then. The full size one is great sure its large and heavy, but is moulded so it is very ergonomic and all the buttons are place well. The analogue triggers are great for racing games, especially ones with a greater sense of realism ie need to modulate throttle and brakes etc.
I used a controller S at the shops thought its too small so bought another duke controller when i got a second one. The PS2 one shits me as it is too easy to press the wrong buttons ie thumb can press all 4 X O, etc then having 4 buttons out of site is just silly, having one on each side aka the triggers makes sense as you can't bump the wrong one.
And yes Halo is great o play on the console.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am biased toward Nintendo. I have always liked their products. People who think they are just for 12 year olds are just narrow minded.
Anywho, The controller is a good idea, something different and you should feel a bit more in control of the game. I think it will have a few bugs though when it comes out but hopefully they will make it so the firmware can be upgraded.

Cube controllers are good, in that the are simple and easy to use. I like Nintendos style of non-realistic games, so they controls never need to be too complex. I have never been a fan of GT4, Forza etc. The main reason if I want to drive in a realistic manner, I'll hop in my car and go for a drive.

I was never a fan of origional X-Box controllers as I felt they were too bulky, but think teh aftermarket ones are quite good.

I have never been a fan of playstation controls, but that's just me.

The N64 controller was flimsy, but you jsut had to send them back under warranty and Nintendo would happily replace them.
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

WRONG ! ! ! !

If you've got full sized man-mitts like Me, there is simply no substitute for the original Xbox "Duke" controller. I bought a second one when I heard they were being discontinued - I've tried the "S" controller many times, and they're for children and girls. Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Wed, 21 September 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 09:43

WRONG ! ! ! !

If you've got full sized man-mitts like Me, there is simply no substitute for the original Xbox "Duke" controller. I bought a second one when I heard they were being discontinued - I've tried the "S" controller many times, and they're for children and girls. Wink

I concur, but even my sister has no problems using the controller.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Thu, 22 September 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 08:54

ever heard of a game called halo.....or medal of honor...the UT series came out on x-box aswell (a slower, toned down version)

Yes I have. I played halo. It was shit. It'd all been done on PC before, and better. I guess if it wasn't for the input device it would be an okay game.
Medal of Honor = owned by PC version.
UT = owned by PC version.

I didn't say you CAN'T play FPSs on consols... I was just saying why would you?

As for that crappy Duke controller, I've never met a serious gamer who liked it. And who else would know what made a good controller?

[Updated on: Thu, 22 September 2005 01:13]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Thu, 22 September 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 11:12

As for that crappy Duke controller, I've never met a serious gamer who liked it. And who else would know what made a good controller?

u gotta get out more, the hardcore gamers have baught them all, thats why there are none on ebay.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Thu, 22 September 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in terms of racing games i reckon i'd give most ppl a run for their money, so I'd consider my opinion pretty valid. I have played my mates Playstation and will still carve him at most racing games even when i haven't played them but it just doesn't feel right and it is not easy to use.

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Thu, 22 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on the game

my and my mates are hardcore tekken players and the ps2 controler is really good for that

but you dont use your thumbs, you use your first two fingers on both hands to use the buttons and have your thumbs underneath to hold it up.

on the other hand i could never play fighting games well on the x-box controler cos of the buttons. and the big hands argument dosent work cos mine are about as big as they get, i cant fit my hands into the largest size dishwashing gloves. and playing halo ect i couldnt cope either, its just crap to keyboard and mouse that im used to for FPS

ive only used gamecube controler for playing mariocart and i didnt have any issues with it, worked fine for that.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Thu, 22 September 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Thu, 22 September 2005 09:43

WRONG ! ! ! !

HEY!! Mad I like the new controller better...

mostly cos it's the only one ive used for long periods. Razz
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Thu, 22 September 2005 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've never been able to use any of them for a long period of time, but I do have to agree with corona as I found the original xbox controller more comfortable. I couldn't use the 64 ones for to long without taping some extra 'padding' to my thumb.

Back to the original topic

Warning: site not for the easily offended.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=165
(I subjest you have a look at the one before it as well)
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sat, 24 September 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:59

rob_RA40 wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 12:46

pwns all

I think they come standard with teethmarks in em.

hahahhahahaha that is so true, what is it with the tendancy to chew on them Smile
#Fiend#
Regular

July 2005
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sat, 24 September 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For me it goes like this:

Gamecube controller= comfiest by far but L/R shoulder buttons suck arse and feel like they won't last.

PS2 controller= can be used ok for just about any game type, love the analogue buttons(can be used as either just buttons or as analogues for driving games etc so therefore more functional) but VERY uncomfortable over time

Xbox controller= The smaller one is a big improvement but they are still shaped for looks over comfort and the buttons are completely SHIT (click, click, click). Analogue triggers are good though.

Dreamcast controller= much like the xbox without the shit buttons

64 controller= best of all but stick wears out way too quick.

I find most of the people who say the GC controller sucks haven't actually held one, IMO the PS2 controller is designed for japanese kids (too small) while the xbox one is desinged for rugby players.

Also you will notice both the xbox and PS2 controllers cause you to contort your wrists to hold it and reach all the buttons while the GC contoller has your hand in a "thumbs up" position (
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sat, 24 September 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

unforgiven wrote on Wed, 21 September 2005 13:22

those controllers are good...DAM GOOD, but the fact of matter is that games have changed quite a bit and so controllers are gonna have to change with em

i agree gree... that sir is teh Noobs schtick...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sat, 24 September 2005 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive owned nes, super nes, N64, gameboy etc.

i currently own ps2, xbox, and 2 computers.

ps2 controllers are shit, they're built from a design that orginated in the mid 90's and havent changed since, the buttons on the other hand are very advanced and offer so much adaptability it sorta makes up for it.

The xbox controller, i have the "s" because i couldnt find any bigger ones, is one of the most comfortable ive ever used, ive had 12+ hour stints with it in multiplayer, and it is far superior to anything else on the market.

People complaining about playing FPSs' easier on ps2, buy the keyboard and mouse for ps2.

and people complaining about using controllers for racing games, buy a steering wheel.

Sigmeister wrote

I have never been a fan of GT4, Forza etc. The main reason if I want to drive in a realistic manner, I'll hop in my car and go for a drive.

Lets see ya run out and jump into a ford GT Wink

oh, and i own both halo and halo 2, and apart from the length of halo 2, ive never played any game that tops them.

the main thing i own a console for is, you can go out and buy a game, and without having to think about it, you know it will run full quality, full speed, and you wont have to worry about the power of your machine slowing it down in any way.

Eldar.O.
WANTED_AE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sat, 24 September 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so far...

blunders of Nintendo..

DISK SYSTEM

http://www.retrones.com/Como%20era%20la%20NES/Historia%20de%20la%20NES/Fotos/Famicom%20completa.jpg

at that time 1.44 diskette was cool.. nintendo made introduction to a disk system (w/ the innovation of Lenghty Load Up times) which never surfaced in the western market.. innovative but was only good for piracy purposes.. SNES Version was also made..

VIRTUAL BOY

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/fe/ee/gameHardwareClassicConsolesAllNintendo_VirtualBoy-resized200.jpg

during Early and Mid 90's the word "Virtual Reality" was the WOO and WAAAAH... nintendo did something daring by making a gameboy that has a VR unit and a controller that has 2 sets of each buttons..(thus also accomodates left handed individuals) graphics was same except they were in red and black.. lots of gamers think it was an eye-sore..

N64

http://www.richterscale.org/consoles/n64shot.jpg

yes yes i know i know... but this machine was a blunder... so much for the hype and anticipation of having such graphical power.. let alone it cant even play 2d driven games such as Xmen vs streetfighter.. and eventually an expansion pack was available allowing it to play smoothly.. almost all the games made in this game were all in 3d.. not so versatile, though the games were top notch and decent.. a lot of programmer avoided this dreadful of a machine...resulting too few games were released for it.. controllers later becomes an issue..

DS

http://www.jackphelps.net/archives/images/PSP_v_DS.jpg

what do u guys think so far?

EDIT: anything for you Mr Eldar.O sir... Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 12:25]

mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sun, 25 September 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.tpg.com.au/ceedees/nintendo.bmp
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sun, 25 September 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think you should minimise that pic, because its pissing me off... but then again, who cares what i think..

Eldar.o.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Sun, 25 September 2005 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
next blunder

Lynx

Sega Game Gear

Sega Mega CD

Sega Dreamcast

Game cube
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 21:50

For me it goes like this:

Gamecube controller= comfiest by far but L/R shoulder buttons suck arse and feel like they won't last.

PS2 controller= can be used ok for just about any game type, love the analogue buttons(can be used as either just buttons or as analogues for driving games etc so therefore more functional) but VERY uncomfortable over time

Xbox controller= The smaller one is a big improvement but they are still shaped for looks over comfort and the buttons are completely SHIT (click, click, click). Analogue triggers are good though.

Dreamcast controller= much like the xbox without the shit buttons

64 controller= best of all but stick wears out way too quick.

I find most of the people who say the GC controller sucks haven't actually held one, IMO the PS2 controller is designed for japanese kids (too small) while the xbox one is desinged for rugby players.

Also you will notice both the xbox and PS2 controllers cause you to contort your wrists to hold it and reach all the buttons while the GC contoller has your hand in a "thumbs up" position (

I think this sums it up well.

I actually love the Gamecube controller, although it lacks versatility, what with it not having a standard 4 button layout (making it hard to play games that weren't designed for the gamecube).

Anyway, about Nintendo. I love them. They're the greatest company in the world. You know why? 'cuz they don't give a shit about you whiny shits! They make awesome innovative systems along with fun and interesting games and to hell with the consequences!

WANTED_AE86, the DS is doing remarkably well in Japan, so I hear. As for the N64, that system was great. The problem with the 2D graphics was probably a software problem, possibly made by Nintendo, but probably made by the people who ported the game. As mentioned earlier, the N64 controller was used as a template for their joystick control on other systems.
Sure, Nintendo has had some mistakes, but when you're on the leading edge, you're always going to make some mistakes. Easy for Sony, Microsoft etc to laugh at Nintendo’s blunders, when they're sitting behind the 8 ball, waiting for Nintendo to market test all the latest ideas and figure out what works.

Also, Mr DOHC, the Sega Dreamcast was a great system. I'm not sure why it didn't do so well. Probably a marketing thing.

I still stand by my statement that the X-Box is crap. Halo 2 was boring as hell (but it was pretty). And why would I bother buying a keyboard + mouse combo for my consol, just to play some game that I could buy for the PC anyway?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
console + keyboard/mouse = $X
top of the line computer system = $X + a very large amount.

cheaper gaming, and the games are sure to run flawlessly.

if anyone here has seen the graphics from final fantasy 9, then you will all realise youdont need a kickass system to display videos so well.

the son playstation 1 had the processing power of my left sock and still sold millions of units.

good marketing? you betya.

oh and thank you WANTED_AE86, i hate scrolling side to side Wink

thanks mate Smile

Eldar.O.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How is the Nintendo DS a blunder granted it isn't doing well in Australia?
Checkout nintendogs, it's pretty cool.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 12:19

console + keyboard/mouse = $X
top of the line computer system = $X + a very large amount.

cheaper gaming, and the games are sure to run flawlessly.

if anyone here has seen the graphics from final fantasy 9, then you will all realise youdont need a kickass system to display videos so well.

the son playstation 1 had the processing power of my left sock and still sold millions of units.

good marketing? you betya.

oh and thank you WANTED_AE86, i hate scrolling side to side Wink

thanks mate Smile

Eldar.O.

What the hell are you on about?
Console: $300 + the memory card + extra controller (unless you plan on just playing single player).
That should be about $400-500ish (and thats now prices have dropped a bit). Also, the console needs a TV, but we'll ignore that for now as everyone has a TV.

Decent gaming system: $1,500 - $2,000.

Now, look at that!? Looks like the console totaly ownz the PC... but wait! You need an internet ready PC too, to do all your interneting. Also, word processing and stuff.

So...
Half decent computer: $800-$1500.
Lets say I want a good computer. The Gaming system will only be about $500 more than it for a pretty decent one. Suddenly, the PC is the same price!

Let's look at the advantages for both shal we?

PC:

• Keyboard + mouse ( = teh ownz) AND a console controller AND a Joystick!
  • Nice 17"-19" LCD monitor (much better for gaming than the TV)
  • Easy internet connectivity and usualy easy internet play
  • Access to most of the better games from consols
  • No need to hassle whoever is watching the TV
  • Access to more complex, in depth games

Console:

• Easier use 2 player on same screen
  • No worries with compatibility, hard drive space, or drivers ETC.
  • Access to games that where not released on PC. But limited to whatever brand conole you got.

The gaming isn't cheaper. If you already have a PC, it's about the same price. In fact, if you already have a decent PC, it's more expensive!

So in summary:
Console = for teh noob.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
console: for teh forza

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
console = for teh Nintendo Revolution Controller!

Now that's something you can't get on PC... oh wait, I lied, it's been around for ages now. But there aren't any games designed for it... sooo... yeah.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but please pretel how are you supposed to hold it and used the button at the top and bottom of the remote thing at the same time. I a shooting game where you have a reload, grenade, gun, jump button that just ain't feasible. To me the controller is shit house looks weak and would be a pina to use ie you always need to hand to play, so if you need to scratch your nose etc you have to pause the game which in some circumstances is hard ie midcorner or under brakes in a racing game like forza, cos when you return from the pause you'll either have too much brake applied or not enough and go flying off ze circuit.
Once again Nintendo has tried to do something to fancy for their own good and i will gaurentee failure. Generally most ppl that bitch about an xbox controller will have never actually used one or atleast for a long period of time. They are gun easy to use, have plenty of buttons for games likes Halo with many controls and very comfy.
The playstation controller is designed for button bashing games like tekken. But when you have fat fingers like i and you go to handbrake into a corner and the next thing you know the cars in reverse changed view etc it ain't fun. Not only that but majority of the buttons on the xbox controller are pressure sensitive so you could use any of them for accelerating/braking if you so chose.
I have played an N64 on many occasiona and found the controller ok but its hard to decide whether it should be held in one or two hand and only having one analogue stick sucks, ie in a racing game you might have it slightly of centre which means you are not braking in a straightline.
The playstaion controller isn't that bad it's just uncomfortable to use for long periods of time and interms of design inferior to the xbox one.

Oh and as for steering wheels the last one i had broke the centreing spring just after the warranty ran out and we didn't abuse it so i am not to fond of them. I have had my xbox for over 3 years now and after constant abuse the only thing to happen is the antishock motor is a little noisy.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 05:46]

86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
#Fiend# wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 21:50

WTF are you on about? Obviously you dont own one, there is no "wrist contorting" and you're thumbs ARE in the "thumbs up position". It is shaped perfectly for ergonomics and as people have said, it doesnt hurt even after 12hr stints. As Corona said, the buttons are pressure sensitive and are not click click like your beloved '64 controller. How bout you go to target or something and try using one rather than talking rubbish.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xboxcontroller- s.htm

Quote:

Six analogue buttons with 256 levels of sensitivity
Two analogue pressure point triggers and one eight-way directional pad
Two vibration feedback motors
Two expansion slots for memory cards or other accessories (sold separately )
One 9.8 foot cable with inline release

http://www.deafgamers.com/controller_s.htm
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 15:29

Now that's something you can't get on PC... oh wait, I lied, it's been around for ages now. But there aren't any games designed for it... sooo... yeah.

Well it's hard for games to be designed for it seeing as it's just been unveiled a week ago..
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 17:01

Shraka wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 15:29

Well it's hard for games to be designed for it seeing as it's just been unveiled a week ago..

Rolling Eyes It's been around for ages on PC. I remember about 4 years ago Microsoft (as much as I hate them) had a controller that detected tilt and the like. There where no games designed to capitalise on this though. Sad
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 15:45

Yeah but please pretel how are you supposed to hold it and used the button at the top and bottom of the remote thing at the same time. I a shooting game where you have a reload, grenade, gun, jump button that just ain't feasible.

Remember the motion detection? Ideas they used was to aracade-style, point the pointer/remote away from screen to reload.
This way the Directional pad would be used for shortcuts (up, down, left right) or bring up menus eg. gun menu, item menu etc.
The big button underneath it would be used for jump and there is a button underneath which would be used as the trigger (N64 GoldenEye style).
To me that sounds pretty damn feasible corolla.

To me the controller is shit house looks weak and would be a pina to use ie you always need two hand to play, so if you need to scratch your nose etc you have to pause the game which in some circumstances is hard ie midcorner or under brakes in a racing game like forza, cos when you return from the pause you'll either have too much brake applied or not enough and go flying off ze circuit.

How is this different to any other controller? Your opinion on the ergonomics/aesthetics of the controller aside, don't you have to use two hands with every other controller? Do you do hadoukens in street fighter with one hand? Do you play GT4 with one hand? What game DO you play that requires the use of one hand. Spank the monkey doesn't count.

Once again Nintendo has tried to do something to fancy for their own good and i will gaurentee failure.

Actually they have always tried to be innovative. There has been a big decline in the Japanese domestic market as far as video games are concerned and Nintendo is trying to bring people back. Their philosophy is that people can sometimes be intimidated by controllers. Some people (of all age groups) will look at a controller and think video games are too complicated. However -- anyone will and does pick up a remote! They are easy to use and everyone knows how so maybe this can break a barrier. Nintendo always tries to set itself apart and attract people from a wider demographic. As for being for their own good, no. They lost out when opting for Cartridges over CDs so do you reckon you can explain to me how this was for their own good? As for guaranteeing failure pwning people on the old pac must have given you the powers of preditcion as well. Smile

Generally most ppl that bitch about an xbox controller will have never actually used one or atleast for a long period of time. They are gun easy to use, have plenty of buttons for games likes Halo with many controls and very comfy.
The playstation controller is designed for button bashing games like tekken. But when you have fat fingers like i and you go to handbrake into a corner and the next thing you know the cars in reverse changed view etc it ain't fun.

I can't speak for everyone but I find the PS2 controller easier to get to grips with and more comfortable as well.

I have played an N64 on many occasiona and found the controller ok but its hard to decide whether it should be held in one or two hand and only having one analogue stick sucks, ie in a racing game you might have it slightly of centre which means you are not braking in a straightline.

The controller was always meant to be held in two hands. Your right hand is always on the right foot and your left hand is on the left foot for use with the d-pad or in the middle for use with the analogue stick. I'm pretty sure you're imagining using the outdated N64 controller with racing games. What racing game are you referring to because mario kart and diddy kong racing were damn fun with the controller setup.

The playstaion controller isn't that bad it's just uncomfortable to use for long periods of time and interms of design inferior to the xbox one.

I've tried to be as objectional as I can be but your bias towards Bill Gates' wang is quite obvious.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually many other controller allow you to operate them one handed for a short period of time but because you have two separate unit this is now impossible. Ie by only having one unit you only need physically one hand to hold it, that if you were to hold it one handed would have one side flapping in the wind.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Ie by only having one unit you only need physically one hand to hold it, that if you were to hold it one handed would have one side flapping in the wind.

The Revolution Controller will make it awefully hard for you to be spanking yourself silly whilst playing computer games hey Rona! Time to invest in a dog and a jar of honey me thinks Laughing

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 17:32

Actually many other controller allow you to operate them one handed for a short period of time but because you have two separate unit this is now impossible. Ie by only having one unit you only need physically one hand to hold it, that if you were to hold it one handed would have one side flapping in the wind.

Or you could just drop one part of it on your lap.

Or you could get the waveboard plugin and it'd be just like a normal controller.

Or you could play games that DON'T use the plugin.
Which brings me to an intersting point. The remote seems to have 5 buttons at your disposal with just one hand, AND a D-pad for your thumb, AND directional controlls with the angle sensors. So I imagine plenty of games will only EVER require one hand, which if using one hand is an advantage to you (Which I can only imagine is so you can do unwholesome things with your free hand) then this system shits all over every other system ever made.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 17:39

Quote:

Ie by only having one unit you only need physically one hand to hold it, that if you were to hold it one handed would have one side flapping in the wind.

The Revolution Controller will make it awefully hard for you to be spanking yourself silly whilst playing computer games hey Rona! Time to invest in a dog and a jar of honey me thinks Laughing

Thankyou for your enlightening remark Rolling Eyes, my point is that if you need to do anything other than play the game then you need to pause ie you can't eat, drink, blow your nose etc without pausing it. Wink
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Nintendo Revolution Controller Mon, 26 September 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 17:46

ke382TG wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 17:39

Quote:

Thankyou for your enlightening remark Rolling Eyes, my point is that if you need to do anything other than play the game then you need to pause ie you can't eat, drink, blow your nose etc without pausing it. Wink

OR YOU COULD DO ANY NUMBER OF THE THINGS I MENTIONED ABOVE! Jeez!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Reffered Users...wtf
Next Topic:Public Service Announcement. (Work Safe)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:13:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.011965036392212 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.