Toymods » The Outhouse » Surfer repels shark with punches

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Surfer repels shark with punches Sat, 24 September 2005 11:25 Go to next message
SYDNEY, Australia (Reuters) -- An Australian surfer survived a shark attack by repeatedly punching a small shark he first thought was a seal, the second incident of its kind this month, local radio reported on Saturday.

Brad Satchell, 44, was surfing about 120 meters (390 feet) offshore at the popular Scarborough beach in Perth, capital of Western Australia state, on Friday when he was attacked.

"I actually had a smile on my face when I first saw the thing because I thought it was a seal," Satchell told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio.

He said he turned his surfboard on its side to use as a shield when the shark, which he said may may have been a bronze whaler more than a meter in length, began to attack him. He was unhurt and paddled to safety.

"I lifted my body out of the water and I just got my fists and I remember what I'd read in the paper. I just started punching and I connected with its head," Satchell said.

lol found that when i was checking the news.
  Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Sat, 24 September 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the theory must be true then about punching sharks!!

Lucky bastuard Shocked . thankfully he realised it wasn't a seal
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Sun, 25 September 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like someone has been watching mythbusters Wink
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Sun, 25 September 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe its the closest thing he's going to get to clubbing a seal??
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't know why he was surfing 120m off Scarborough, the break there is 50m off the shore at most, he would have been sitting in flat water..
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, seems like everyone is beating down on sharks these days Razz
how about that guy off sa coast. that was close as and he was loving it. lucky guy...

havabeer said

maybe its the closest thing he's going to get to clubbing a seal??

ahahah, i wonder if his intentions where to beat the seal b4 he realised it was a shark? Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They busted that myth on mythbusters. Punching a shark in the nose doesn't particularly do anything. You're better off going for the eyes if you can. However, they said attacking it in any way is better than nothing, as they tend to stop bothering. It takes them energy to attack, and if you fight back, they may go for softer prey that's easier to catch.
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love myth busters. but i musta missed that episode. how good was the one wif the frozen chickens and shit Very Happy i love blowing stuff up...

so they reacon hitting a shark doesnt usualy do anything? thats intresting, i full get ready for a fight everytime i go beach thsee days Very Happy LOL
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol so do i, thats y i joined artillery!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 11:50

They busted that myth on mythbusters. Punching a shark in the nose doesn't particularly do anything. You're better off going for the eyes if you can. However, they said attacking it in any way is better than nothing, as they tend to stop bothering. It takes them energy to attack, and if you fight back, they may go for softer prey that's easier to catch.

Actually the epsidoe showed that you can pretty much hit them anywhere and no matter how hard and they kinda just go away.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 12:08

Shraka wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 11:50

Actually the epsidoe showed that you can pretty much hit them anywhere and no matter how hard and they kinda just go away.

Which is prettymuch what I said.

The nose isn't particularly special. Just hit 'em anywhere.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Thu, 29 September 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The shark probably wasn't even going to attack him anyway. It was probably just having a look around when some strung out hippie surfer that had been listening to too much Jack Johnson suddenly started beating on it!

I have been diving with Bronzies, and they are curious, but most of the time couldnt care less, and would actually prefer to be chasing down something more bite size.

Gotta remember people, there are more people killed every year by falling cocconuts than shark attacks. Dr Carl says so, so it must be true Razz Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Sat, 01 October 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 29 September 2005 23:08

The shark probably wasn't even going to attack him anyway. It was probably just having a look around when some strung out hippie surfer that had been listening to too much Jack Johnson suddenly started beating on it!

I have been diving with Bronzies, and they are curious, but most of the time couldnt care less, and would actually prefer to be chasing down something more bite size.

Gotta remember people, there are more people killed every year by falling cocconuts than shark attacks. Dr Carl says so, so it must be true Razz Rolling Eyes

LOL. Yeah that and only a starving Shark will take more than one bite of you. Apparently we taste shitfull to sharks. We aren't fishy enough.
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Sun, 02 October 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 15:54

LOL. Yeah that and only a starving Shark will take more than one bite of you. Apparently we taste shitfull to sharks. We aren't fishy enough.

Ladys wanting head need only go surfing?... silicon shark tounges the next fad in sex toys!

[Updated on: Sun, 02 October 2005 09:31]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Surfer repels shark with punches Sun, 02 October 2005 15:21 Go to previous message
Allan wrote on Sun, 02 October 2005 19:31

Shraka wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 15:54

Ladys wanting head need only go surfing?... silicon shark tounges the next fad in sex toys!

Two things:

1) You're a sick little boy.
2) you're funny as hell.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Transvision Vamp
Next Topic:tourettes guy.com
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:49:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072939395904541 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar