Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
cleong
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Rims/tires to fit AE92 Sat, 24 September 2005 11:55 Go to next message
I'm chasing up a set of 4 rims and preferably tires to suit my AE92. Currently running 13 inch rims and tires, but the rears have almost had it, and I'm weighing up buying a pair of new 13 inch tires, or getting a larger rim + lower tire profile combination as I tend to corner a little hard (less sidewall flex).

So I'm looking for a cheap set of 14s, maybe 15s, actually I would not mind stock steel dish rims or factory alloys if the price is within my reach.

So, should I be looking for 4x100 rims?
  Send a private message to this user    
trevtrev
Regular

October 2004
Re: Rims/tires to fit AE92 Tue, 27 September 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4x100 FWD offset is what you want (+38mm from memory)

This dude in Adelaide has some stock SX rims for sale.

http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic= 13191
TE35
Regular

May 2003
Re: Rims/tires to fit AE92 Tue, 27 September 2005 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check out tyre shops - new Corollas, pulsars etc are running 15" steel wheels now - my girlfriend bought a set of 15" steelies for $15 each, for her AE82 Twinky, and chucked a cheap set of 195/50s on. Looks hard, handles very well, and takes far more abuse than alloys will.
I have some 14" steelies with brand new 195/60s - these came with my Trueno. You could have them for $200, but the cost of getting them up to you would make it easier to just find wheels and tyres where you are...
Oh tyre sizes - 185/60/R14, or 195/50/R15, wont mess with your speedo settings, and give a fairly good ride. I'd go the big steelies!
cleong
Occasional Poster

March 2005

Re: Rims/tires to fit AE92 Thu, 29 September 2005 07:34 Go to previous message
Went to a wreckers today, and eyed up a set of black-painted 15 inch rims on a wrecked stock Corolla. The fronts were more worn than the back, but all in roadworthy shape. 195 profile R15 Dunlop tires. The mechanic quoted me $120 for the set. I reckon that's a baseline for me to look around......
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB: MR2-3sgte alternator bracket
Next Topic:2JZGE Water Pump Pully
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:55:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048670768737793 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.