Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 12:30 Go to next message
http://www.anwb.nl/published/anwbcms/content/binai re-bestanden/mpg/auto/tests/crashtest-landwind-1-4 67150.wmv

http://www.anwb.nl/published/anwbcms/content/binai re-bestanden/mpg/auto/tests/crashtest-landwind-2-4 67165.wmv

Just check out how flimsy there cars are in a crash. I will stick to japanese automobiles Shocked

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2005 12:34]

Send a private message to this user    
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanesse. Sat, 24 September 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Chinese 4x4 gets ZERO in safety test"

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,22749- 1783784,00.html
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flash back 1965

dingaling wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 22:30

Japanese build crap, and will never catch up to the americans.

who laughs at them today? who laughs at u in the future?
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob stop playin with my head man! i thought fuck did i write that? never no way not possible! searched the forums. Looked at the date and now i'm stumped.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 22:30

Dam you rob, don't use the quote system like that! and you know the americans are behind the japs. Yeah you have a point but i think the world will probably end before the chinese ever come close to matching the japs.

[Updated on: Sat, 24 September 2005 12:54]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beleive it Surprised There's certainly enough of us. We're taking over the world, I tell ya!! Evil or Very Mad
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha don't say that Yian! the chinese scare me. LOL no just the evil leaders of China and there maximum censorship, and itching for war with the US.

u must be glad to be here and not in commy china. no offence, i'm a stupid yank and unproud of it.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 23:05

Beleive it Surprised There's certainly enough of us. We're taking over the world, I tell ya!! Evil or Very Mad

bring it on i say, theres so much potential for investment and trade.
-=DV=-
Regular

May 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy shit thats bad...thank god those coffins will never be allowed on australian roads
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=DV=- wrote on Sat, 24 September 2005 23:43

holy shit thats bad...thank god those coffins will never be allowed on australian roads

well if the do we can always use them as hursts Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sat, 24 September 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and you'd feel safer in a barina or an old corolla? Wink

aussie crash tests are lower then 40mph.. more like 55km i think..
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's crash test dummy gum tape death match. Anyone else drive with their thumbs taped to the steering wheel? Chinese = whitegoods and leave it at that.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's crash test dummy gum tape death match. Anyone else drive with their thumbs taped to the steering wheel? Chinese = whitegoods and leave it at that.
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me thinks FAIL . . . Shocked

At least the air bag keeps you consious whilst:

1) Front suspension crushes both your legs
2) Dashbord crushes whatever is left!

I say - take out the airbag so at least you die on impact and not feel anything!!!!
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rob....let's not 'bring it on'!! just wait to China really gear up and take alot of our our businesses offshore(like so many other countries have done and sold out their population for money) and lots of jobs are lost in Australia and other countries so consumers can have cheaper products!!! trade...yeah all their way, we export raw materials to them, a couple of billion a year in return we import back at a ridiculous trade defeceit, ha that's no way to run business, well not if it's going to do us any good!!!The storm's coming, once China establish themselves well and proper we are all F^%KED, around the world there are shortages of raw materials as China gobble it all up, try buy titaninum, ya can't China been buying it all, Japanese motorcycle manufacturers have had to cut back production of bikes with titanium components as they can't get any, China is consuming more oil at the moment than the US. They want to be the next superpower, god help us!. 'Bring it on' I don't think so Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
170bhp wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 12:04

just wait to China really gear up and take alot of our our businesses offshore...and lots of jobs are lost in Australia and other countries so consumers can have cheaper products!!!

That's what being a capitalist society is all about, so who do we have to blame but ourselves?
Quote:

trade...yeah all their way, we export raw materials to them, a couple of billion a year in return we import back at a ridiculous trade defeceit

once again, capitalism. They produce products cheaper than we do, so we import. same for all imports, not just chinese. This has been a problem in australia for a long time because of the high cost of production here.
Quote:

The storm's coming, once China establish themselves well and proper we are all F^%KED, around the world there are shortages of raw materials as China gobble it all up, try buy titaninum, ya can't China been buying it all, Japanese motorcycle manufacturers have had to cut back production of bikes with titanium components as they can't get any, China is consuming more oil at the moment than the US. They want to be the next superpower, god help us!. 'Bring it on' I don't think so Wink

Zig Heil, Zig Heil!
as of 2004, oil consumption by china was 6.5mil bbl/day. the USA was using 20.4mil. So while China is second on the list of oil consumers, it has a LONG way to go before catching up with america (note: China does have the fastest increasing consumption of oil in the world). Not bad for a country with 5 times the population of the USA.
Titanium production is not increasing as fast as demand (due to increases in sales of things like bikes, which use fuggerall titanium anyhow, because these days carbon fibre and aluminium make a high quality cheaper substitute), and it is becoming an increasingly restricted material due to alternate uses.

So in short: check your facts before you go off on a racist rant. You aren't per chance a member of the (much shunned and thankfully small) australian arm of the KKK are you?
170bhp
Regular

January 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing no......but I might join Wink

draven....wait and see Wink I wonder in 8-10 years time if you change your mind. Also if you believe truly believe the Aust government is here to help us out....forget it...what government......I can't believe it's come down to 2 equally insidious regimes!!! liberal and labor, police...what police all they do is enforce a traffic infrigment state! a lawer kills someone...he gets off....just don't go thru that red light camera draven Wink

P.S. as with the motorbikes your right they don't use much titanium so when the jap manufacturers are cutting back production because of this what does that tell you!!!!?????

enjoy Hochi draven Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it how you just conveniently ignore the fact that I shot to pieces your argument, and then say "in 8-10 years just wait".
And where in my post did I say I supported our govt? all I said is that we're a capitalist society.
and wtf? red light cameras and police? how is this AT ALL related to global consumption of oil and other raw materials?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys guys....

the BIGGEST use of titanium IN THE WORLD

is....

paint, paper and plastic. (TiO is white pigment.. see any white cars around lately Laughing)

in the US, the major useage is military and aerospace (boeing forecast orders of 24000 planes in the next 20 years)

non-aero uses are usually in the form of alloys and for production of stainless steels and such..

ACTUAL titanium non-military, non-aero usage is relatively limited due to cost. one of the largest uses of relatively pure titanium grades is.....

Golfclubs....

so it seems that china has begun a campaign of actually painting things, and people are starting to take up golf Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too true

and once again, USA uses 40% of the world's titanium. Japan and China are about equal on 16% (china slightly higher). AND: 73% of titanium is used in aircraft and chemical/petrochemical (paints, as stu said) applications.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder how much niobium there is in the world... cos if we start making turbine blades out of that... how many can we make??

scary to think that there are limitations to how many things can be made with the worlds current production of X

(ie, about 100,000 fuel cell cars per year due to platinum limitations)
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crash test dummie got capped
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 14:26

i wonder how much niobium there is in the world... cos if we start making turbine blades out of that... how many can we make??

scary to think that there are limitations to how many things can be made with the worlds current production of X

(ie, about 100,000 fuel cell cars per year due to platinum limitations)

and about 1 full toyota part dept due to the lack of unobtanium.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a total failing of the firewall - when the crumple zone finishes crumpling the whole front of the car just romps into the cabin.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 16:42

looks like a total failing of the firewall - when the crumple zone finishes crumpling the whole front of the car just romps into the cabin.

fuck em i say, it's about time the soccer mums starting spilling a bit of blood Razz

most new cars are tested to 55km/hr into stationary object, but a head-on at 60 with a soccer mums bullbar is equivalent to a 120km into solid object...

how many new cars would/do survive that?

i'd rather see 4WD's with MANDATORY extra crumple zones...
simply because the majority of accidents are with cars, and cars usually weigh less than two tons, so they aren't going to inflict as much damage as in the vid....

heh heh, anyway, time for "jenny and scott" to get some scars Razz
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
at the end of the day we deserve whatever we get as we encouraged the east to adopt western idealism
mixing communism extremism with money hungry power asorbing capitalism and you get a situation that threatens to engulf the whole world
good work those in control
better off letting hitler go on his merry way than this current sitution were in imho
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's uncanny.

http://www.kein-plan.de/bitte-ziehen-sie-durch/pics/Bush_-_HitlerFake.jpg
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well going back to the original post...is it just me or did the airbag deploy unusually late on that thing?
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn. The chinese must like the taste of dashboard!
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I could almost gaurantee that 99% of car accidents in china happen at <10km/h
Anyone who has ever been to one of china's more populated cities (Shenzhen, Shanghai etc. etc.) would understand what I mean.

Engineering a car to cope with 60-80km/h crashes probably isn't a consideration for them and would be the equivalent of the japanese designing cars to withstand 200km/h crashes.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

86DRFT wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 00:13

Yes, dashboard with black bean sauce... steering wheel chow mien.., chilli brake pedal, with air-bag noodles.

I'm salivating just thinking about it.

seeyuzz
river
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Sun, 25 September 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Sun, 25 September 2005 12:37

guys guys....

the BIGGEST use of titanium IN THE WORLD

is....

paint, paper and plastic. (TiO is white pigment.. see any white cars around lately Laughing)

We (the company I work for) use over 25 tonnes of TiO2 per day. No sign of running out. Titanium is the 9th most abundant substance in the earths crust, more than copper lead and zinc combined.

They mine shitloads of it (as mineral sands) in Western Australia.

What does rise and fall however is the capacity of the world's titanium plants. As capacity stays the same and demand increases the price rises until another plant opens, capacity is increased and price falls. It is possible to run low on materials produced from titanium as capacity limits are reached on the plants that can produce the required grades of titanium metals, however this is usually temporary until another plant opens (usually in China Wink ).

And yes the Chinese are using shitloads of paint. Some of the building developments on the go there would astound you.

[Updated on: Sun, 25 September 2005 23:56]

86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 09:44

Hi,

86DRFT wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 00:13

Yes, dashboard with black bean sauce... steering wheel chow mien.., chilli brake pedal, with air-bag noodles.

I'm salivating just thinking about it.

seeyuzz
river

Laughing

i wish them a pleasant trip to the afterlife on their full stomach.
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL hahah scored zero, should be left back in the 1990's HAHA
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD_Supra wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 12:28

LOL hahah scored zero, should be left back in the 1990's HAHA

Probably a lot earlier than that even, for occupant safety the NRMA did a book on older cars and even my rona and old 323's etc got atleast two stars. They cleaned up the pedestrians good and proper though. Evil or Very Mad
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i looked at some victorian site and it says that my old RA60 got 4**** for safety and my MA61 gets 2** LOL Rolling Eyes
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on howsafeisyourcar.com my car has a 4 star rating in keeping me (the driver) safe. Smile Harm to others is just 'average' though. Heh heh... my car is safer than an ST204 Celica and SW20 MR2. Wink

As for those big.. 4WD things. I hate them. The occupants deserve to be crushed into little pea sized bits! Evil or Very Mad

I think we should have a special licence for people who want to drive 4WD (like a truck licence). That'd cut out half the people buying 4WDs as it stands (as who would be bothered?). There should be a tax on them, and you should have to get a permit to have a bullbar fitted to your car, and it would be 'not for use in the suburbs' (if you can't be stuffed getting out and putting it in your boot as you hoon around suburbia, you don't deserve one!).

Also, what kinda stupid loony needs an automatic 4WD? I have it on good authority that there is no way you'd use an auto 4WD for ACTUAL 4WDing through the bush, so there should be limitations on automatic 4WD sales aswell.

WOO HOO! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

All 4WDs should also come with signs all over the car, like those anti-smoking labels on ciggy packs. I wanna see "This car is 50% more likely to kill my kids!" and "If this car doesn't have mud on it, I'm a stupid Jerk and you should let down my tyres and put suggar in my petrol." and "I have no penis, so I drive this to compensate!".

Okay that last paragraph was a joke... the rest however, I firmly beleive should be law.

Oh and don't even get me started on our 'fantastic' capitilist nation! *shakes fist* Our govornment is stupid. Have you seen them go at it on question time?! OUR COUNTRY IS RUN BY THESE PEOPLE! They act like freeking children! No wonder they constantly do stupid shit.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you haven't seen real parliamentary question time till you've seen a korean brawl in question time Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 14:12

on howsafeisyourcar.com my car has a 4 star rating in keeping me (the driver) safe. Smile Harm to others is just 'average' though. Heh heh... my car is safer than an ST204 Celica and SW20 MR2. Wink

As for those big.. 4WD things. I hate them. The occupants deserve to be crushed into little pea sized bits! Evil or Very Mad

I think we should have a special licence for people who want to drive 4WD (like a truck licence). That'd cut out half the people buying 4WDs as it stands (as who would be bothered?). There should be a tax on them, and you should have to get a permit to have a bullbar fitted to your car, and it would be 'not for use in the suburbs' (if you can't be stuffed getting out and putting it in your boot as you hoon around suburbia, you don't deserve one!).

Also, what kinda stupid loony needs an automatic 4WD? I have it on good authority that there is no way you'd use an auto 4WD for ACTUAL 4WDing through the bush, so there should be limitations on automatic 4WD sales aswell.

WOO HOO! VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

All 4WDs should also come with signs all over the car, like those anti-smoking labels on ciggy packs. I wanna see "This car is 50% more likely to kill my kids!" and "If this car doesn't have mud on it, I'm a stupid Jerk and you should let down my tyres and put suggar in my petrol." and "I have no penis, so I drive this to compensate!".

Okay that last paragraph was a joke... the rest however, I firmly beleive should be law.

Oh and don't even get me started on our 'fantastic' capitilist nation! *shakes fist* Our govornment is stupid. Have you seen them go at it on question time?! OUR COUNTRY IS RUN BY THESE PEOPLE! They act like freeking children! No wonder they constantly do stupid shit.

Correction, this car is 50% more likely to kill your kids, unless you are talking about driveway incidents then yes you are right.

Um i agree and disagree. We owned a 1991 Pajero (the last of the box shape) for 12 years as a family hack as we are a family of six and vans are the fuxor for frontal accidents and at the time none had windows in the third row of seats that opened.
It was mostly used round the city but we took it off road on holidays and a couple of day trips fitzroy falls etc. The simple fact is for a large family they will carry you in comfort and are much better for going on holidays as if necessary can tow more and still carry more luggage in the cabin than a van.
Most vans of the day were powered by 4cylinders now when you have 6 ppl in the car a full 92L tank of gas and luggage for one to two weeks holiday a 4cylinder just isn't gonna cut it especially when in those days you had Bulledelah and a few other major hills on the way north.
Not to mention day trips up to dorrigo when in coffs.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's why, Corona RT142, I didn't say ban them all together.

Additional training and indoctrination that "you are big and fat, this means you have to be more carfull and courtious to other drivers! Not the other way around!"

Although I think car manufacturers should come up with some decent people movers. Something with a low front for pedestrian incidents, low clearance so that people can see passed your damned car, and 7 or more seats would be good.

As for the automatic thing, I think automatics should generaly be restricted to people who do a LOT of driving, and company/fleet cars and the like (or people with disabilities).

Wanting an auto just 'cuz you're lazy is such a copout. "Oh, I want driving my death machine to be as easy as possible so I can focus as much attention on contemplating my navel as I can!"

Blah!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A recent letter to the editor in motor was a cack, he stated that the SMG gearboxes shat on a manual as it gave the driver more time to focus on the road, motors reply, if you can't steer a car and change gears at the same time then WTF are you doing on the road.

If ppl are incapable of co-ordinating a clutch changing gears whilst still keeping the car driving straight they simply shouldn't be on the road. Auto's have great applications for city driving, and for fleet cars but if you are incapable of getting a manual license stay off the road.

When my brother went to the north coast with his mates, on a trip down the mountain the guys in autos road the brakes all the way down, woohoo, and one of his ingenius female (asian) friends asked him what the line above his speed was. Hello its called a tachometer (digital dash in an echo). I love driving a manual car and would only buy an auto if i was forced to, but then again some ppl just need auto's as they have no idea.
Chick i know has a 1.3L swift (not a GTi) anyway she will drive up very steep hills in 5th gear at 70kmph with the car laboring to no end.
I also think its time my dad got an auto, cos the camry is soo quiet on occasions he'll leave it in 4th (for long periods of time) on the freeway chewing down lots of fuel. You can't say anything to him cos he'll go ape shit, and with his lack of attention he pays sometimes i think he just shouldn't be on the road at all.

I'm just worried that i'll become like him one day and it scares me, in learning to drive i have pretty much become the antethesis of my dad. He never uses indicators and when he does just clicks them on and off. He either speeds or drives well under the speed limit, brakes late, has fairly poor gear selection and generally has a blatant disregard for checking blindspots. Oh and his favourite is hitting the rumble strips on the freeway.

The funniest bit is to teach you how to drive he's great he knows what you have to do but has just become complacent, and generally these days i try and avoid being a passenger in the car with him as I feel its just a matter of time befor something happens.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you should have to re-fresh your licence every 5 years or so to try to strip some of the crummy drivers off the road.

Need to have more rigid testing.

And as for autos being better around town, I don't notice it that much, 'cept when I'm stuck in peak hour and all the AUTOMATIC drivers keep CREEPING FOWARD! Why can't they just sit still untill the light goes green and all go at once?! Sad

I've seen it in a lot of auto only drivers. They just don't focus. They don't seem to understand what it is they are doing in a car. Everytime I get into my car I am aware that this thing is big, and dangerous, and if I don't pay attention, could kill myself, or someone else. Some other drivers though, seem to think that as long as their hand is on the wheel, they're safe... and can talk to passengers in the back seat by turning right around to chat to them. Sad

No new cars sold with AUTOS ('cept for disabled, fleet cars, and a few other exceptions)
Need a permit for 4WDs!
Need a permit for bullbars (yearly fee +need to justify), aswell as not being allowed to have it on in the suburbs + around town.

That's what I wanna see on the roads.

OH! And better freeking public transport! I want as few incompitent people on my roads as possible.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are dreaming about the autos.

I don&#8217;t have figures but I would guess that the majority of motorist would rather autos these days simply because they want to get from A to B. They don&#8217;t care if the auto doesn&#8217;t change gear quick enough.

And if people autos car companies will make autos.

Don&#8217;t you think it would against the trend in motoring to start using new fandangle hybrid engines, speed sensors, black boxes etc. and then go back to a non electronic manual gearbox.

Sports cars that need to turn and brake need manuals. Crappy little gutless 4 cylinders need manuals. 4wd&#8217;s that are taken 4wding need manuals. Just about the rest that I can think of could have either.

There is also the fact that changing gears uses brain cells. If you are terrible at multi tasking I would rather you be in an auto so that you can watch the road instead of the gearstick. Case in point, my friend use to have manual ca18det silvia. Was pretty quick but he was a crappy driver. Got in an auto jzz30 and it went way better around the skidpan simply because he didn&#8217;t have to change gears. Stock jzz30 vs modded ca18, silvia with suspensions mods etc.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 15:58

And as for autos being better around town, I don't notice it that much, 'cept when I'm stuck in peak hour and all the AUTOMATIC drivers keep CREEPING FOWARD! Why can't they just sit still untill the light goes green and all go at once?! Sad

I've seen it in a lot of auto only drivers. They just don't focus. They don't seem to understand what it is they are doing in a car. Everytime I get into my car I am aware that this thing is big, and dangerous, and if I don't pay attention, could kill myself, or someone else. Some other drivers though, seem to think that as long as their hand is on the wheel, they're safe... and can talk to passengers in the back seat by turning right around to chat to them. Sad

totally agree

but after driving a auto for 3 weeks while my cars in the work shop, i can see why people like them. its just convienient around town.
but apart from convieniece they suck.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 06:45]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey, sometimes what people want is not what is good for them.

If everyone just did whatever they wanted, there would be no need for govornment or police or anything. And you can imagine where that would lead.

I will however agree that some people aren't good enough to use manuals... in which case they shouldn't be allowed to drive at all.
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had to drive an auto while my car was off the road, i may as well have been riding the bus it was that mind numbing.
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris davey you cant even make an assumption like that. especially when you say "i dont have the figures"

its like saying everyone in the world would rather be rich then happy...

didnt they sorta sovle the whole automatic vs manual idea by making trip tronic gearboxes? i've never actually driven one but they cant be all that bad.

auto's i think would be better in city's due to the whole lesser maintinace factor. alot of stoping and staring in city, means your clutch is gonna get a work put and so will your thermal fan.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 17:33

chris davey you cant even make an assumption like that. especially when you say "i dont have the figures"

its like saying everyone in the world would rather be rich then happy...

didnt they sorta sovle the whole automatic vs manual idea by making trip tronic gearboxes? i've never actually driven one but they cant be all that bad.

auto's i think would be better in city's due to the whole lesser maintinace factor. alot of stoping and staring in city, means your clutch is gonna get a work put and so will your thermal fan.

Tiptronic is CRAP! I've driven one (7 speed in a honda Jazz, padel shift on the steering wheel). I've heard other people say that tiptronic is crap in sports cars too (specificaly in the Mitsubishi FTO).

It's just like manualy selecting your gears in a standard auto (which I do in almost every auto I drive an auto, so that I don't go mad and climb out my window at traffic lights and try to make out with hot chicks in their car to keep myself from DYING OF BOREDOME!)! It's slow, non responsive, and... blech...I'm going home to have a shower. just thinking about it makes me feel dirty.

And I think they CAN say that people prefer autos, as everyone drives them and asks for them. I don't think people would buy something they didn't want (just something they don't NEED).

Autos are better in the city 'cuz Mr. John Idiotwhoshouldnothavealicence drives like a jackarse and doesn't sit still at traffic lights. They move around making gaps and causing other traffic to move... leaving me sitting there constantly working my clutch 'cuz the bastards can't make up their mind what they're doing. And I don't think autos require less maintenance. I think they actualy need more, but I'm not 100% sure on that one.

I've seen people actualy creep foward FASTER than they go when the light ACTUALY goes GREEN!!!! ARRGH! And have you noticed how many people misjudge when the lights will change and creep foward halfway into the intersection while the light is still red? And then sit there for a handfull of second and then when the light DOES go green, they drive of sooo slowly! I thought the point of starting to drive before the light actualy changes was to go faster (while endangering peoples lives and also just being an annoying prick - not to mention breaking the law)!!! "NEWS FLASH JOHN! PUSH THE THROTTLE IN AND GET IT UP TO ATLEAST 2000RPM! YOU MIGHT ACTUALY GET WHERE YOU'RE GOING A TOUCH QUICKER AND NOT HOLD UP EVERYONE BEHIND YOU LIKE A JERK!"
And when they're next to me, and I zip off shifting at about 3-4000rpm, what happens? He comes zipping passed me at 10-15km/h over the speed limit... so I GET STUCK BEHIND HIM AT THE NEXT SET OF LIGHTS!

*pant pant*

Okay... I think I'm done...

/rant... for now.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoa... whatever happened to the original topic?

Quote:

They want to be the next superpower, god help us!.

Heh... dude, we WILL be the next superpower. Evil or Very Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 20:21

Whoa... whatever happened to the original topic?

Quote:

They want to be the next superpower, god help us!.

Heh... dude, we WILL be the next superpower. Evil or Very Mad

Can I join? Sad
Actualy, I hardly think most Chinese outside of China are very... well... Chinese.
Half the Chinese out here are here to escape comunism. Or so I hear anyway. Razz

As much as I hate capitalism, I don't think comunism is the answer for me, personaly. Wink

Feel free to correct me... you commie pigs! Mad

Wink

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 11:05]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm scared
anyway the original topic, china builds crap.

yian your not gonna karate chop me in the neck if your down in tas next time are you?

[Updated on: Mon, 26 September 2005 13:43]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
China can (and does) build products to any level of quality you specify. They're more likely to build "cheap crap" because their cheap labour allows them to compete at the cut-throat end of the market, but at the same time they have the know-how and industrial infrastructure in place to build damn near anything, and build it just as well as anyone else can.

We don't hear much about it over here, but their industrial capacity is staggering, and it's growing at a rate that boggles the mind. There is no doubt China will become an industrial superpower - in fact they're most of the way there already!

The implications for the western world are going to be... significant.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Mon, 26 September 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed, there are many many companies who build replicas of whatever you send them to whatever material specifications you want Wink

all you need is a minimum order...

i think most ppl would be shocked by what % of things originate from China/Taiwan etc etc...
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 23:36

i'm scared

yian your not gonna karate chop me in the neck if your down in tas next time are you?

Nah.. why would I do that? I know we build crap Surprised But like Norbie said, we only build crap coz we're paid crap. If you're willing to pay good money, we build good shit.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 15:44

dingaling wrote on Mon, 26 September 2005 23:36

i'm scared

Nah.. why would I do that? I know we build crap Surprised But like Norbie said, we only build crap coz we're paid crap. If you're willing to pay good money, we build good shit.

Besides, Karate is Japanese... he'd kung-fu chop you.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno, looks like china had karate first, and it was actually from an indian guy. Just what i was reading on google.

" Many people believe Karate was founded in china and then brought to Japan. in fact, Okinawa already had her own kempo. It was called "Kamiai-jutsu" or "Bushi-de" or "te". The word "te" did not mean hand but rather it meant technique or art. It wasn't until 1901 that the word Karate was used and that was in Okinawa. It wasn't until 1937 that Japan started using the Karate."

And just going on what your saying Yian/norbie, yep i mostly agree.
And this is really evident where foriegn company's come in and use china to produce there goods to there designs and specifications.

But leave china on there own to design and produce something, and there is still something lacking, but they are getting much better! for eg the dragon processor, it's about pentium2-400mhz level in power, but they have achieved that in such a short amount of time where as it took the US a couple decades to get to that level. Then again most of it was out in the open for copying anyway.

I seriously think the US is in deep shit. (more so then it already is with around $700 trillion debt or something obscene like that, and a war itching between the 2 superpowers.)
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked that car's a death trap, literally.

Luckily, we won't be selling the piece of crap Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dingaling wrote on Tue, 27 September 2005 18:57

I dunno, looks like china had karate first, and it was actually from an indian guy. Just what i was reading on google.

" Many people believe Karate was founded in china and then brought to Japan. in fact, Okinawa already had her own kempo. It was called "Kamiai-jutsu" or "Bushi-de" or "te". The word "te" did not mean hand but rather it meant technique or art. It wasn't until 1901 that the word Karate was used and that was in Okinawa. It wasn't until 1937 that Japan started using the Karate."

Japanese martial arts came from China. Karate is one of them. It apparently came from the Shaolin schools (which came from a dude from india).

KARATE is Japanese, adapted from Shaolin kung-fu, which is Chinese.

Look at the different styles, they're vastly different. Saying Karate is chinese is like saying all cars are Swiss, 'cuz the first guy who made an internal combustion engined car was from Switzerland.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thanx for the lesson. And with that, i was still correct with what i said about the karate chop.

now NINJITSU! on the other hand is japanese. (but your going to tell me it was derived from other martial arts from china?) Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 13:21]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Chinese build crap, and will never catch up to the japanese. Tue, 27 September 2005 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Hehe... all these discussion about martial arts.. I got a video somewhere of some shaolin monk vs some taekwondo dude. It just shows how quick those monks really are... Shocked
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ADELAIDE: Car Viewing ! WHOS AVAIL TOMORROW TO HELP ME !
Next Topic:[AE86] - URAS releases new bodykit!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:21:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009835958480835 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.