Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE86Trader
Regular

January 2005
WTB weber carbies Sun, 25 September 2005 00:48 Go to next message
Im after a set of 45 or 48mm weber carbies to go on my 4AG.
I dont need manifolds Im making my own.

please let me know where I can get some.

Send a private message to this user    
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: WTB weber carbies Sun, 25 September 2005 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have a single 45dcoe, with filter and some linkages. No manifold. PM me with an offer.

Justin
AE86Trader
Regular

January 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Sun, 25 September 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will need 2 webers (side draft) to go onto a 4AGE engine. I want to have it configured so that there is one inlet per cylinder
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a set, will PM you.
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have a set of 44mm Mikunis just recently rebuilt and tuned on motor and in VGC. Currently has jetting for stock 3T. I can supply all jetting to suit your state of engine tune. Includes Mikuni Ram Tubes and filter socks.

$660 posted to you from Canberra.

Regards

Rodger
AE86Trader
Regular

January 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm very tempting. but Ive had mikunis before and they were a bitch to tune. also they had to be on angles for the floats to work. I would rather webers
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair emough.

Very interesting comments about the tuneability or otherwise of various brands of sidedraught.

As a another source for Webers. Any of the Auto Parts classifieds in the local papers usually turns up sets.

My preference and most experience is with Solex/Mikuni, but I also have experience with the Dellorto and Weber versions. Using, tuning and rebuilding. Hence my offering.

All three I find are very hard to tune and run when they go "off". They all have their good and bad points but I have a fair idea what goes wrong with all three brands and know what to look for.

I will say though, both Webers and Dellortos have more changeable jets in them to fine tune the motor.

As far as needing Mikunis on a slight angle (I presume tipped downwards into the motor) for the float to work, this is the first I have heard of this issue. You may also find that most sidedraught manifolds either OEM or aftermarket put carbies on this slight angle anyway.

The only manifold I know of that does not, is the Mikuni one that suits the 2T. I have run this on a full race spec 2T in competition without problem. Good fuel pressure and flow are the keys.

My offer is to also supply jetting as required. You may find that if you purchase Webers you may need to source the correct jetting anyway.

Regards

Rodger

AE86Trader
Regular

January 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I had a 100kw engine with individual mikuni 38s on it. they were ok. when I first built the manifold for them the jetting was all wrong to start with (normal). BUT it would be SUPER rich at idle and super lean on throttle. I finally sold them and the guy that bought them found a motor bike mechanic (after I had talked to a LOT of people and no body knew a thing) that told him straight away that the flows were not parallel with the gound and that you needed to make the manifold on an angle so the floats were straight. when this happened they came ALIVE! they started working well.

the mikunis were off a gsxr of some model (I was told)
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey!

Now we're a comparing Mikuni "apples" with Mikuni "oranges".

All the things your saying about Mikuni motorbike carbies are correct.

Mikuni carbies for motorbike engines are one thing and Mikuni carbies for motorcar engines are another.

Are you after a motorbike setup for your 4A-G? One individual carbie system per cylinder, ie four carburetors?

Or one carbie throttle plate per cylinder, ie two dual sidedraughts?

Regards

Rodger
AE86Trader
Regular

January 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Mon, 26 September 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
car setup. like pair of dual webers.

individual barrel per cylinder. not motor bike setup..

have you got any pictures of your mikunis?

I will give them some thought.

ae86trader@gmail.com
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Tue, 27 September 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86Trader

I'll endeavour to post pictures up by end of week. That is my plan. If you can find the pictures of my enginebay in postings about "moving things in enginebays" it gives you a look at my setup.

The pictures I will post will show the carbies I have for sale mounted on another version of 2T manifold to give you another idea of what can be done for cable and linkages.

Regards

Rodger

[Updated on: Tue, 27 September 2005 04:48]

TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTB weber carbies Tue, 27 September 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin, if you dont sell the weber to AE86 trader, I'll make you an offer.
yrhkira
Regular

June 2005
Re: WTB weber carbies Wed, 28 September 2005 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi AE86Trader

I have not finished/cleaned up the set of 44mm Mikunis ready to be sold. So I have taken photos of my set I run on my 2T competition motor.

These are 44mm as well and are similar to what I am offering but I'll be putting standard fuel fittings on.

They are mounted temporarily on a Mikuni 2T manifold to show how a manifold and throttle linkage can be set-up. This is how Mikuni does it. When I finish the set I'll post pictures of them on another 2T manifold showing another way to do the throttle linkages.

The set for sale will have the ram tubes and throttle arms to to do something similar on your manifold for the 4A-G. Check to see if Redline make the correct manifold. I know they make a dual sidedraught version but not sure which generation 4A-G.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/9828/44mmmikunisfront8xp.jpg

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/139/44mmmikunistop8ve.jpg

I'll be also posting the set of Carbies and the second 2T Manifold in the for sale section. Ram tubes will be mounted and filter socks included.

Regards

Rodger
xl912
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: WTB weber carbies Fri, 30 September 2005 09:39 Go to previous message
Interested in 3, DCOE - 48's?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WANTED: Negative RCA's & Rear Traction Brackets.
Next Topic:M/G/JZA70 Radio bracket
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:53:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052268505096436 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.