Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:06 Go to next message
I'm looking at installing my LTX-12 before the dyno day. I've had a look at the LTX-12 wiring diagream, so i understand that.. but I dont have one for the 1jz, or have any idea what any of the wires going into the ecu are (except for a couple that are labelled)

can anyone help me out here, either with a link or some information from hands on experience?
  Send a private message to this user    
deesonet
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven

I can tell you all the wires we used on VL1JZ. I need to know if your 1JZ computer is the four plug or five plug version. Ours was the five plug (JZA70 version).

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uummmmmm (goes and opens his glovebox)
sort of 4 sort or 5? Smile

it's got 4 plugs in a row leading into it, and 1 wire above those, with a plug on the end.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats ya email dude? I have 1 diagram, I dont know it will be any help but you have nothing to loose!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven@bigpond.net.au

any help at all is much appreciated, even if it turns out to be no help Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its 3mb Shocked I hope your box can handle it Confused
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeps
deesonet
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven

With four plugs and the loose plug the 1JZ diagram that you need is the JZA70 version. It is available online at:

http://home.austarnet.com.au/petew/KINGSWOOD/1jzgt e_tech_stuff.htm

or else:
http://sprinter.qnix.com.au/docs/wiring/

The signals that you need are:
5 Volt VTA2 Plug V Pin 7 Colour BR
TPS Input VTA1 Plug W Pin 10 Colour W-B
Air Temp THA Plug W Pin 3 Colour LG
Oxygen Sensor OX Plug W pin 5 Colour W

Igniter Connections - Even though there are six wire from the igniter the 1JZ uses a wasted spark system in that if fires two cyclinders at a time. If you check at the coil end of the wiring there are actually three pairs of signals. We made a new harness seperate from the 1JZ harness so that we could have sequential fire (one cyclinder at a time).

Wiring for the igniter is as follows:
LTX 1JZ
#1 Yellow to Green
#2 Yellow / Black to Yellow-White
#3 Yellow / Red to White
#4 Orange to White-Brown
#5 Orange / Black to White-Green
#6 Orange / Red to White-Red

Crank Sensor was oposite from LTX wiring diagram in that Red and Yellow were opposite way round. Similar to the Cam Sensor with the Green and Blue opposite way around.

Connections for these are:
LTX 1JZ
Crank Sensor
Red NE Plug U Pin 12 Colour
Yellow NE- Plug U Pin 6 Colour

Cam Sensor
Green G1 Plug U Pin 11 Colour O
Blue G1- plug U Pin 5 Colour W

Other connections are for power and fuel system and will depend on how you have wired your 1JZ.

Check out the above with the colours and wiring diagram to see that they match your car.

[Updated on: Sun, 05 January 2003 03:13]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that graham.

the ltx-12 can be set up for sequential fire, and I've got the ignition leads to do it.

it seems to me the 1jz has a lot more wires going into it than the aftermarket one could fit... what were all those extras for?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jz-gte wiring diagram (or just tell me what all the ecu plugs do) Sun, 05 January 2003 08:28 Go to previous message
hey Graham, maybe you can answer another wuestion for me.

I know the ltx-12 has an inbuilt boost guage (of sorts). is there any way to attach an external boost guage to the ecu, or should I just run another vacuum line from the engine?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3k / 4k block strength
Next Topic:Need timing marks for cressida 5ME motor
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:41:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045487880706787 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.