Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Fri, 30 September 2005 05:07 Go to next message
Hi,

Apparently it's more difficult than I thought to sling a 2" mild steel pipe under an old Corolla and weld it together without fu#king up.

Not keen waste my time going back to Dodgy Bros. Exhaust Co. again; don't really want the hassle of them going anywhere near it really.

Any suggestions for a cheap exhaust shop who can
a) MIG together mild steel without completely filling the bloody pipe with weld at each join; and
b) MIG together mild steel with sufficient integrity that the welds don't just fall apart; and
c) take due care to ensure that the exhaust has adequate clearance from exhaust-destroying things like tailshafts and differential housings~~!!!!~!!!11111????one

I'd bloody well do it myself if I could weld. Maybe I need to learn how to weld.

Mad Mad Mad

[Updated on: Fri, 30 September 2005 05:08]

Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Fri, 30 September 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
goto daalder exhausts in box hill. they do an excelent job!
they put 2 mufflers on my car and recently put a 2.25" FULL exhuast. was very cheap too. all my mates have been there and are stocked with their work.
they are on station st, walking distance from box hill central
ph: 98904444
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Fri, 30 September 2005 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Box hill Exhaust which is next to dalder is just as good

so go to either
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Fri, 30 September 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carnegie mufflers seemed good on dandenong next to princesss pool centre. Just after going toward dandy.
Whatever u do stay away from the muffler man on Malvern Road (absolute rip off artists)!
My dad used to send his customers there and he would suck them into buying shit they didnt need!
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Shezza the problems I am having are with one of the two shops you have mentioned there, and I'd never take the car to Muffler Man in the first place.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you are in the box hill area,

i had my exhaust done at midas, was pretty happy with it (except they put a 2 inch plain tip on instead of a 2.5, big deal)

it's good for clearance, no rattles. i plan to replace all the press bends with mandrels some day, and i will be basing it mainly on their pipe routing.

press bent piping from exhaust manifold, over diff and a lukey straightish through muffler for 240 bucks. i'm pretty happy with the job, as i could only get it done on a saturday.

i have seen some, odd things come out of one of the places mentioned here.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 October 2005 01:46]

BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ultimate exhaust in dandenong.
he does intercooler piping aswell. and his been doing the job for 20 years +
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to Ferndale Exhaust in Ferntree Gully - 9764 8490. Speak to Peter.

Very good work at a reasonable price. Can do budget or expensive jobs.

Tell him your specific requirements...
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another one for Daalder in Box Hill. Very good workmanship, still no rattles!
KOPDIS
Regular

June 2002
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had bad experiences with both those shops in boxhill station street, but then i know lots of people who said they are good, so meh, they arent exact elite but do a "fair" job for a "fair" price

Ive tried no less than 6-7 over the past 5years,the BEST exhaust shop ive been to, their price, quality and workmanship wise is glenroy exhaust in glenroy, they do lots of truck exhaust and nice drag/performance cars so they know what they are doing, they are a big workshop like 5 hoists maybe more, and you have to book days in advance cause they are usually busy as

[Updated on: Sat, 01 October 2005 06:35]

TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been to quite a few around the area... I have not been able to beat Autofast Mufflers in Dandenong, really good price and a proper job, he can do LOTS of stuff.
If u go Mention Adrian with the Red Celica sent u. hehe
I've been so many times!
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bad. He musta been good to me because he wanted my dads business.
So Ill tell my dad to stay away from there. Ayone know of any ones in inner melbourne?
Phyro
Regular

September 2004
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sat, 01 October 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What we need here is like... a final limit, and vote on em or something, other wise we are gonna have every man and his dog (?) saying that xyz is the bestest ever and ever and will always rule blahblah. Dande seems to be the next of zorst peoples, but boxhill seems to have the concentrated opinion... Confused

i just dont know where to go Crying or Very Sad
mozrav
Regular

June 2003
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sun, 02 October 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daalder in Box Hill for me as well. Both me and my mate had the exhausts for our RAVs done there. When i get my header i'm going back to Daalder so they can fit it. BTW, i don't have a dog Razz
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: MELBOURNE: Exhaust Shop Sun, 02 October 2005 09:18 Go to previous message
Springvale Exhaust in.. (you guessed it!) Springvale can work up or down to your budget. I actually have heard some negative things about them, but I think that's bullcrap from people who don't understand what you pay for is what you get.. and if you say do it cheap, he'll do it cheap, but if you say you want it perfect, and you want him to smooth out the inside of the pipes for that extra 0.0001hp then he'd do that too (for more money, of course).

Grant.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:too much crap PLEASE DELETE
Next Topic:What's an original 83 Sprinter worth????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:01:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050690174102783 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.