Toymods » General Car Talk » 1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Japstang
Regular

September 2004
1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142 Fri, 30 September 2005 13:32 Go to next message
These are my fuel consumption figures:
25L - 180km's = 13.8L per 100kms city driving.

Seems a bit high for me, I though these should be more like 10L city driving then around 8L on the highway.
Motor is only running around 10psi boost,small intercooler, is a manual, car weighs around 1100kg's.
This is driving sensibly, and not boosting it too much.

Apart from a blocked up o2 sensor(I don't know what condition my o2 sensor is) could their be any other reasons she would be drinking this much? Ran injector cleaner in her too. One of the turbo's seals is on the way out not sure if this would be affecting it.

What fuel economy do other 1G drivers get?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: 1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142 Sat, 01 October 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I get about 10.7 around Sydney and 7.1 on the freeway.
And that's not babying it.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142 Sat, 01 October 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it's an auto you'll get higher fuel consumption

if the torque convertor doesn't lockup you'll also get increased fuel use

what diff/transmission are you running?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142 Sat, 01 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles...

Japstang wrote on Fri, 30 September 2005 23:32

Motor is only running around 10psi boost,small intercooler, is a manual, car weighs around 1100kg's.
This is driving sensibly, and not boosting it too much.

That sounds like awful fuel economy mate... I would have thought that you would have a 3.4/3.7 diff as well so the revs shouldn't be that high when not accelerating, hence OK economy.

Do you have the ability to pull the diagnostic codes out of it (do a search if you are not sure how to do it). It will tell you if it thinks the O2 sensor (and other things) are suspect.

Running a thermostat etc?

Cheers
Wilbo

HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142 Sat, 01 October 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My combination of a bit of suburb/city driving and lots of fast hills roads gets me roughly 10-11.5L/100km... you should be getting better I guess.
Japstang
Regular

September 2004
Re: 1G-GTE Fuel consumption in a RT-142 Sat, 01 October 2005 08:51 Go to previous message
Thanks for all the replies.

I just put some more fuel in the beast and from last weeks figures: 20L --- 140kms = 14.2L/100km's

Something is definitely up, I might as well be driving a V8 with those figures.

I am running a standard RT-142 diff at the moment, I think they are around the 3.5 ratio, and I seldom rev her out anywhere close to redline.
I do not know what thermostat setup is in the car will have to have a look, I can ask the previous owner as well. Does the ecu give a code if your thermostat is faulty? My temp guage is always below half way when I drive.

I am told that even if the o2 is blocked up it will only give a failed o2 sensor code output if the unit is dead or damaged but not blocked up. Which could be the case.

I do not know how to pull a diagnostics code out of the ecu, I imagine I would need a handset to do this maybe?
I will do a search and see what I come up with.

Thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BNE: FYI - JZZ30 wreck at ABC OXley
Next Topic:Sump question...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:40:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042901039123535 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.