Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » ae86 (in Aust/Jap/US) painted in 2pack, acrylic or enammel?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
ae86 (in Aust/Jap/US) painted in 2pack, acrylic or enammel? Sat, 01 October 2005 03:43 Go to next message
Just curious if anyone knows what the ae86 in each country or in general were painted in, 2pack, acrylic or enammel?
And what are the ways to tell?

BTW if you apply very strong paintstripper to something, and cover it with gladwrap and leave it to stand for along duration of time, and all it does is soften the paint to a really really hard clay like substance when u attempt to scrap it, rather than bubbling off, what type of paint is it?
  Send a private message to this user    
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: ae86 (in Aust/Jap/US) painted in 2pack, acrylic or enammel? Sat, 01 October 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Sat, 01 October 2005 13:43

BTW if you apply very strong paintstripper to something, and cover it with gladwrap and leave it to stand for along duration of time, and all it does is soften the paint to a really really hard clay like substance when u attempt to scrap it, rather than bubbling off, what type of paint is it?

Confused I don't think that's any indication dude. Probably only that you left the paint stripper on too long and the paint started to re-harden.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: ae86 (in Aust/Jap/US) painted in 2pack, acrylic or enammel? Sat, 01 October 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No I kept an eye and kept testing it, it just didnt get any softer. And it is meant to kinda bubble and peel far as I know normally. BTW this was an outer non-OEM coat, the car had about 4 coats of different colours. The coats under this stubborn stuff, bubbled and peeled as expected.
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ae86 (in Aust/Jap/US) painted in 2pack, acrylic or enammel? Sun, 02 October 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I do believe Nat Dog that AE86 (and many other cars even today's newer models) had Acrylic but im not 100% sure.

I do remember Mitch telling me that when we were ready for the 2pak on my car that we needed to sand the original paint back as far as possible.

So id say Acrylic.

Cheers

Steve
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: ae86 (in Aust/Jap/US) painted in 2pack, acrylic or enammel? Sun, 02 October 2005 13:20 Go to previous message
i think mine was painted with watercolors, i'm not really impressed with 1980s OEM paint!

i have heard that 2pac has a tendancy to chip, wheras acrylic will scratch
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] - URAS releases new bodykit!
Next Topic:Help. I need to cut my firewall.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:49:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044081211090088 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.