Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 00:47 Go to next message
Just got the new zoom yesterday. Another Toyota filled issue Smile

Has Ron's 10 second 1g Gemini, TRP 9 second 7m-ge R32 skyline, Toymods dyno day, update on HYPO77 1j celica and a couple of other bits I can't remember.

Good read Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 03 October 2005 00:48]

Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 10:47

TRP 9 second 7m-ge R32 skyline

typo??????
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 10:53

Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 10:47

TRP 9 second 7m-ge R32 skyline

typo??????

LOL. Even if it is a type and it's meant to be 7M-GTE, that's still a bit of an odd engine to transplant into a Skyline.

I might grab this issue of Zoom at lunch. Cheers Chris.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a typo and it isn't. It is a 7MGE with a big turbo strapped to it. And yes, it's odd.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best typo i have seen was a few years ago in zoom,a datto 1200 with a ca18det in it,said it had a massive inter cooler in it the measurements where printed as 600mm x 3000mm x 75mm.i dont know about what you guys think ,but a 3 metre intercooler would be a bit laggy!!
mick
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, what JCMF said. was 7mge but not much original left in it. I found it interesting that it is only using 600cc injectors with NOS and making 419rwkw and trapping 140mph to back that up. Seems quite small to me.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dicks, there's plenty left original in it. Read the article. The thing even has pretty much the standard head on it. All standard valve train, block, crank, I think they put aftermarket rods in it though.

But no typo, it is indeed a 7m-ge that they decided to strap a turbo onto. Dunno why you'd do that in a skyline, but hey, it's not much car.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, jumped to conclusions Razz

It has balanced crank, crower rods, arias pistons, hastings rings and obviously MHG. Using stock na camshafts and smoothed ports in the head.

So they have used stronger rods and different pistons to lower compression (doesn't mention that) but I would imagine it would have to be lower considering it is receiving 2.41bar boost!
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah its my first full story and quite happy with the way it turned out. Only down side is I still haven't fixed it since jambo but looking into finding some more hp. Can't wait.
Ron
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a good read. I like your plenum Smile Just wondering why you retained the stock throttle body whereas most people would have used an XF one or similar?
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Because the xf 1 is only 64 mm at the throttle body and I was able to make the stock 1 that big anyway. I want a 75mm unit and the xf 1's are to long for my setup.
Ron
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah ok. I thought the XF's were 70mm. So you have bored out your throttle body then to 64mm from 60mm? That sounds like a good idea as I have a 63mm throttle body to start.

Chris
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
75mm inlet, 68mm outlet but only 64mm at the butterfly. You should be able to take it out 3 or 4mm.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol is that why my 4ag is a bit laggy with a 75mm throttlebodie!hahaha.16OTU what the hell made you put the money into a 7m?or a case of there at the time?
mick
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1g
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Mon, 03 October 2005 17:53

lol is that why my 4ag is a bit laggy with a 75mm throttlebodie!hahaha.16OTU what the hell made you put the money into a 7m?or a case of there at the time?
mick

Its a 1ggte and the throttle body won't make it laggy.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn that looks like a good read Very Happy .
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im sure i saw 7mgte up the top!and i was talking about my 4ag with the 75mm TB being laggy.
mick
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can a non forced induction engine be “laggy”? I think you may find that you are referring to throttle response not lag. And if you really do have a 75mm TB on a 4ag, why the hell did you do that? If Rons car has a 64mm one and is making 409rwhp, I can’t see how a non turbo 4age is going to need a 75mm Rolling Eyes

It was a 7m-ge r32 skyline. Take another look.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doughy then!lol

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: latest zoom Mon, 03 October 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there you go chris,being an accounted i know you wouldnt understand about proper engines,so thought id post a pic of one of my atmo motors and its turbo!lmao this engine has 2 different throttle setups, one for max power runs and one for circuit racing.on atmo 4ag i use the spare quad slide throttle setup.i used a 75mm to test it and ive tried 85mm,65mm and twin 45mm ones.have to R&D to find the best combination within the rules etc.same as we use twin 70mm TB's on 2.3 turbo race motor or the 65mm-85mm stanger setup on a blown 355
lmfao!
mick
p.s put a brandnew roll of elec tape so people see its small size for quick spinup on my atmo 4ag!lmao

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3632/t35xu.th.jpg http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9060/t3front8wr.th.jpg http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9343/t3throttle9bc.th.jpg
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate it is "accountant".

I still can't understand what you are trying to say. Write a sentence with a topic in it and then put a full stop at the end of it. Then when you start a new topic try a new sentence. If you are going on a totally different topic try a new paragraph.

From what I am reading, you now have a turbo 4age. So if you wrote that you had a 4agte to begin with then I could see the need for a 75mm throttle body.

By the way, you can keep your "proper" engine, I prefer the sound and power of a refined straight six rather than a buzzbox.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 00:19]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
refined straight 6,sorry didnt know you had a bmw 6 motor in yours!lmao
mick
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyway, back on topic.

Go and get zoom. It has some good articles about Toyotas.
MS-75
Regular

June 2002
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Skyline is a good bit of gear. It does go to show though how hard you have to push a motor to go that quick.

35psi and a decent NOS shot is a fair bit-I feel sorry for that 7M. Anything getting flogged that hard will require a freshen up pretty regularly-but then again with 9.XXs at 140 odd I wouldn't mind......

The trap speed may seem a bit high for the RWKW, but remember that the NOS shot gives the car the extra HP through the whole rev-range and also allows it to launch a lot harder (assuming it's on as he stalls it up of course)

Ron-tidy job there mate. Did you hurt it at the Jamboree?
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it was a great issue, i remember seeing that Skyline at WSID what a cool car, i like nissan bodys and Love Toyota Motors so its perfect, im glad that there is another Nuts 7M to add to the list.

Look out for the next issue or the one after for another Toyota Powered Nissan Very Happy Even since i did the photos it has changed looks wise, then some forced induction will be going on and it should be time for a re feature Very Happy
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a burnt a valve in no.2 like i did a few months ago in no.1. Have worked out the problem and are now getting it fixed and flowing the head. The front runners on the manfold are to short holding boost in the cylinder and making the exhaust hot aswell as to small inner diameter.

So time for a setup change and can't wait to see how much more hp i can get out of it.
Ron

[Updated on: Tue, 04 October 2005 09:15]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering how you came to that exact conclusion? How can you be sure that there weren't other contributing factors?
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy and yes there is other things that brought me to that answer. The manfold is only 1" inner dia, the ehaust valves haven't been setting correctly and i had more back pressure than i was making in boost. it also only hurt the front 2 cylinder that have very short runners.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah was a good issue of zoom
i love your your gemini man, very nice indeed
im keen to get mine tuned and see if i can get 300rwkw out of it
2 1ggte powered cars in 1 issue Very Happy
tho they should have run mine this month as well just to piss the n issan boys off some more Laughing
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
emp-t2g: are you getting a full article too? They seemed to like your car at the dyno day.
biggo
Regular

November 2004
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 7m powered skyline?

All i can say is WTF. Looks like i might have to check it out cos a dude i know has a 700rwhp skyline and he's ONLY running 10's at the moment, so 400 odd kilowatts does seem a bit off.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think so
they did a photo shoot and wrote a story so i hope so
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How long ago was the shoot as mine took 4 to 5 months.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: latest zoom Tue, 04 October 2005 11:59 Go to previous message
end of july i think?
cant remember
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:scissor doors
Next Topic:???importing a publica???
Goto Forum: