Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 00:55 Go to next message
Hey guys,

Im looking into buy an old toyota, like RA23, or KE55 Corolla etc, do any of these come with aircon?

Any suggestions on whats good, economical, reliable car, for under 1k

Cheers
Shane
  Send a private message to this user    
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70's are the go!good on fuel and can come with aircon.i used one for long day to day transit.they are ugly and small,but a good workhorse.
mick
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

KE55 Corolla etc, do any of these come with aircon?

With most of the older Corollas you will be chasing down an XX model as they had factory AC as standard (I am pretty sure). the C, CS, SE etc it may have been a very expensive option to fit AC back in the day so is not likely to be fitted to many vehicles.

You could always find a nice car without it and chase down the bits and fit it yourself.
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, what is a KE55? Is that the last of the rwd model? I think they look cool.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a KE55 coupe once, but they also came in a 4 door sedan. I liked the coupe shape, but I have seen some tough looking 4 doors people have built up.

KE30, KE35 and KE55 were all of a similar shape basically. The KE30 two door is one of my favourites, it was a Tudor, not a coupe. KE36 and KE38 were the panel vans and wagons.
pushrod_POWA
Regular

January 2005
Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
according to my service and repair manual, the KE55 came out in L, SE, CS AND XX. however in the manual it says nothing about air con.

the KE55 wasnt the last RWD corolla the was the full sick dorifto ae86, the ae70 ke 71 te71. im not 100% sure about those last model codes but there was a corolla with a boxy shape which came out with three different engines. we got the ae and ke but i dont think the te reached our shores.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pushrod_POWA wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 15:14

according to my service and repair manual, the KE55 came out in L, SE, CS AND XX. however in the manual it says nothing about air con.

the KE55 wasnt the last RWD corolla the was the full sick dorifto ae86, the ae70 ke 71 te71. im not 100% sure about those last model codes but there was a corolla with a boxy shape which came out with three different engines. we got the ae and ke but i dont think the te reached our shores.

you mean the T18? (TE72).

air con was on option even for pre-1970's corollas. it MUSt be an option for a KE55 if you could get it for KE10's..

personally, for a runaround, of the corola range, i'd go for AE71. 4AC is economical and has grunt to get up hills, steering feels good. interior is not bad, and they come with aircon.
oh and it's still RWD Wink

what do you want the car for?
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
basically just to drive to work in back, and have good econmomy, reliable, and aircon. Maybe a project later tho hehehe. I really like the KE25 Shape.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Older Cars Tue, 04 October 2005 09:14 Go to previous message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 18:42

basically just to drive to work in back, and have good econmomy, reliable, and aircon. Maybe a project later tho hehehe. I really like the KE25 Shape.

maybe retrofit KE70 4K and aircon into a KE25?

pick a shape and make it work Wink

oh, and older cars have old aircon gas, might need to take that into consideration
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:???importing a publica???
Next Topic:How well did you do your own re-spray?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 14:51:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050160884857178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.