Toymods » General Car Talk » i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Tue, 04 October 2005 11:34 Go to next message
i was talking to a bloke on www.boostcrusing.com and i turns out that his uncle has the only ta22gt in tassie this is what he said in all his pm,s

Gday, the car isnt the nicest at the moment, but i will talk to my uncle tomorrow and see if he doesnt mind you comming over and having a look, his car doesnt have the origional 2TG in it, its now 2TGEU, and its a realy nice red, but its been sittin in the weather not mooving for a few years, so it isnt in the best condition.
-Jake

Its a GT, its the only one my uncle knows of in the state (maby even australia) its a 71 model from memory,
He has had it for about 16years and he brought it in Tamworth.
Im sure he would sell it for the right price, but im sure the right price would be quite high ($15,000-$20,000)
No probs about the Qs, if you got any more feel free to ask
-Jake

i will get into contact with him tomorrow and see when he is free and can work out a time, im sure he wont mind you taking pics, but just remember its not in the best condition, so you might have to get some angle shots to make it look good the car isnt Rego'd or running, so you would have to goto his joint to see it,
His old 2TG was sold years ago for $200 from memory, not sure why he put a 2TGEU in it, cant remember if the old engine was fucked :S
cheers
-JAke

is it worth going for a look and posting pics up for you guys?
  Send a private message to this user    
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Tue, 04 October 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
of course we want pics!

If its a 71 as you stated, sounds like a private import instead of being another one of the 6 toyota imported in 1973/4.
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Tue, 04 October 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Tue, 04 October 2005 23:00

of course we want pics!

If its a 71 as you stated, sounds like a private import instead of being another one of the 6 toyota imported in 1973/4.

Ive always loved the stuff of legend behind all cars.

6 imported cars in the 70s... awesome.

like some sort of indiana jones treasure hunt to find out what happened to them Laughing
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Tue, 04 October 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TA22GT'S don't get traded often in Australia but I simply can't see a GT in less than stellar condition being worth 15-20k, no matter how rare they are. An immaculate RA35 Liftback GT sold for only 12k not that long ago if my memory is correct. Doesn't an immaculate GT in Japan sell for around 20k?
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Tue, 04 October 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a rare car in peice-of-shit condition is worth what it looks like.

no point in having that rare car if all the rare bitties on it look like shit.

however an immaculate rare car is something to behold... the first model of the Skyline GTR is a fine example, its sells for insane amounts of money.

Eldar.O.
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Tue, 04 October 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go for it goonman, I'd be keen to see some pictures!
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Wed, 05 October 2005 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know a guy who i am mates with who now joined hte army and his girlfriends dad has an original GT that is hidden away in his garage! aparently its red and has some SUPER low k's on the clock! not sure wat year it is, but its off the TA vintage! oh this has the stocko 2TG
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Wed, 05 October 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics pics
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Wed, 05 October 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have never seen it, but james did and he was like Shocked i don't ever speak to this chick tho
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Wed, 05 October 2005 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make sure if you see it you get the ID code off the build plate and post it up. I want to add it to my list of "Known whereabouts" Celicas.

The last I heard the RA35 GTV sold for $9000 to someone in Tassie. And it was in concourse condition.
goonman86
Regular

September 2004
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Wed, 05 October 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i hope i can get a chance to look at it soon. but why would you have such a rare car like a ta22gt sitting out side for years. if it was me i would put it in my bed room so i can sleep next to it and be with it at all times Cool
Rainey
Regular

January 2005
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Wed, 05 October 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Shocked

This thread is useless without pics. Laughing
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: i tracked down the ta22gt in tassie Thu, 06 October 2005 01:39 Go to previous message
mmm car loving!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:TOMS motorsport history [Video]
Next Topic:anybody from newcastle wanna make some $$?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:08:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041890144348145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.