Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » stupid crappy printers - help?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 03:53 Go to next message
I've just replaced the ink cartridge on my printer, and it's still complaining that the ink level is low. why does it hate me?
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 13:53

I've just replaced the ink cartridge on my printer, and it's still complaining that the ink level is low. why does it hate me?

same with one of the laser printers at work, change the drum it still says replace drum and has done now for two months, still works fine. Just jams alot but thats an entirely different problem.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because it is the evil spawn child of Bill Gates. I have 5 PC's that i use each day at work, 4 running instrumentation, and the other to whore forums with, and it seems that every day i have some other PC related drama, so much so that i think Mr Gates hates me personally and wants to make my life miserable.
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Ink jets sometimes complain if you put in a generic cartridge.

I tried this on my Canon inkjet and it didn't much like the generic stuff and the print wasn't very good either. I ended up tossing out the generics and bought the proper ones and she's fine now.

I bought a small laser printer for b&w stuff and now use the inkjet for photo work.

seeyuzz
river
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

I would have thought you'd stick to the old dot matrix River?
I'm disappointed. No No No
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, more technical descruiption of the problem, because all my troubleshooting efforts have done nothing (note: contacts have been cleaned, nozzles cleaned, cartridges aligned)

my colour cartridge works fine
the black cartridge misses all text for the first 1/4 of the page, and also misses all objects for the first 1/8th of a page. I'm very curious as to why there is a difference, and why only black.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 14:42

ok, more technical descruiption of the problem, because all my troubleshooting efforts have done nothing (note: contacts have been cleaned, nozzles cleaned, cartridges aligned)

my colour cartridge works fine
the black cartridge misses all text for the first 1/4 of the page, and also misses all objects for the first 1/8th of a page. I'm very curious as to why there is a difference, and why only black.

Our old printer at home did that, we refilled the printer cartridge reinstalled it after cleaning atc and it didn't work, bought a genuine cartridge put it in and it still didn't work. Solution, throw out gay printer and buy new one that prints three times as fast. Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Hehehehe... well I do. On my PC/AT and PC/XT systems upstairs I have an Epson FX80 and a NEC P7. Delightful printers... slow and lovingly noisy.

Just to hear the clackity clack of an old DM printer brings tears to this old mans eyes! Smile

seeyuzz
river
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's the problem
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/draven/printer.jpg

and rona - thanks for that

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 04:50]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I now have your Tax file number and will be stealing your identity Evil or Very Mad

Just kidding.

Given you sound like you have tried most of the obvious options I would attempt a reload of the driver for the printer. Nothing like starting fresh. Failing that the page you have shown of the printing has got me baffled.

Good luck, I was glad to be of no assistance at all.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: stupid crappy printers - help? Thu, 06 October 2005 09:12 Go to previous message
http://cas.uah.edu/whittena/humor/death/
this is how i like to fix printer, it works! Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hey
Next Topic:My drive home last night
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:18:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046429634094238 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.