Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 04:35 Go to next message
who is running the new forums? which dipstick emailed me this?
or is someone just trying to get me pissed of?

Dear kingmick,

Unfortunately your registration at Toymods Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
Toymods Forums team
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 14:35

who is running the new forums? which dipstick emailed me this?
or is someone just trying to get me pissed of?

Dear kingmick,

Unfortunately your registration at Toymods Forums did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
Toymods Forums team

You have to fill in every category of the registration form.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you mean like addy and phone numer are you kidding!im happy to tell people i know but unless your a bank etc you have no chance!looks like i wont be on the new forums then!
and the rest of the question, what is toymods doing market research.lmao
get real guys!
mick
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kingmick wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 14:46

you mean like addy and phone numer are you kidding!im happy to tell people i know but unless your a bank etc you have no chance!looks like i wont be on the new forums then!
and the rest of the question, what is toymods doing market research.lmao
get real guys!
mick

Yes you have to fill in every single criteria read some of the other threads in here some other ppl were equally as pissed but if you want in they have to be completed.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Corona RT142.
ok going to fill it all out now with complete crap in every field i can.
thank mate
mick
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok filled it all out! so it should work this time.can someone check to make sure i got it all right!

name. bob the fucking builder

address.care of shane warnes wifes house

state.pissed as a newt

post code.696969

What do you do for a crust? get payed by your wife to sleep with her

This must be a valid contact number for you.0269696969

What kind of car do you drive.is your wife a car?

Model of car you drive.as above but harder

What is the Chassis code for your car.sexy girl

What colour is your car.red after a pounding

What engine is your car running.10dd

dob. jan 1st 1902
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick,

Do as Corona suggested, and read the other thread.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=81276&start=0&rid=883&S=e21a182fcba1 bd1377faf0a74482fafd

You will NOT be approved with garbage details like you have given in your last post above.

All the reasons have been clarified in the link above, so i wont be repeating myself...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL i would imagine that every member is looked at by a human,and if the said human dosnt know who i am,they have been living under a rock.i already have registered{three times,i forgot my password at busy times over the last,let me think 7 years} here etc etc.im not going to look at the other threads,no point.after starting the club etc etc i should have got a laugh and been registered.if im not i will just not answer a single question on the new thread,which wont be my loss now will it.
you dont have to answer!its a statement.
mick
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick I approve the applications and to tell you the truth I don't know you from any one of the other couple of thousand immature posters on this forum who tend to add nothing of value to the place. As far as I know Luke got this club started, that may be wrong but that's my understanding. If you were involved in setting up the club then that's great, but it doesn't mean that you get special treatment. All of the board members follow the same rules.

The aim, if you bothered to read the info provided for you, is to have people take more ownership of their behaviour on the Toymods forum.

As to your comment of it being no loss to you if you don't post on the new forum I think you'd find a rather large number of people who'll tell you it's certainly no loss to them.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the club was started by luke,moss,bill,a couple of others{sorry others im hopless with memory at the moment}and myself.
i bite back every now and then but this is my fist post in this section and i have only started posting anywere besides tech and for sale in the last few months!
thanks josh,delete thread after this!
mick
p.s in anything founder always looked after!the board should learn the history like all boards.i remmeber when it was just emails to each other and come up with logo etc etc.or bill and luke will remmeber the first meeting in the carpark at castlehill!i think bill and myself are the only old heads left answering,sorry and nark is still about.

sorry just read this"As to your comment of it being no loss to you if you don't post on the new forum I think you'd find a rather large number of people who'll tell you it's certainly no loss to them."
yes those peanuts wouldnt now a decent car if it bit them and dont relise the advice they could have.toymods has changed from keen blokes that have a go to know alls they really ownly know what they have read of the net or there mate said.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 October 2005 09:30]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i might add that anyone{hence why there is no old heads about}would get a bit tired of answering the same questions for years?and being told buy accountants and students and 15 year old kids whats what when your job is building design etc etc of national race car teams!
bored now
mick
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: new forums help Thu, 06 October 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would have thought that a person who has been around as long as you have would've known that the Toymods Car Club is not the Toymods forum.....
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: new forums help Sat, 08 October 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm guessing that kingmick is Michael Alexander from this thread on the new forums:

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Sat, 08 October 2005 22:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now that brings back memories!if i had been ok'ed on the new forum i would have add!yes bill sherwood did attend the first official meeting under the carpark at castle hill. luke was the man that did 99% of the work,he was a driven man and a bloody good guitar player and teacher,used to love having a crack at the drum kit in his place.it was a full on band family house, was amazing.i cant believe nark has that stuff still.ive been through 5 computers since then,simple amazing Max well done.
mick
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: new forums help Tue, 11 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The points made in the other thread in relation to data security and privacy are valid I feel gentleman. And Mick is simply expressing what he thinks about those concerns I feel in a more 'gut feel' kind of way.

I was just wondering Witzl what you feel the forums make up of the toymods club in percentage terms?

Thanks
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: new forums help Tue, 11 October 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as i interpret it, they are seperate entities...

a bunch of guys keep the toymods forum going, but the club is seperate. any tool can join the forum (which has been the big problem, esp during school holidays Wink ), but not any tool can join the club...

a far as being worried about getting your details... anyone can track you down throught the internet. people let things slip hre and there, and at minimum it just takes a bribe to your ISP to get your details, so it's not that big a deal....

if you were putting in credit card or bank details, fairy nuff, but your address is relatively available from other sources... someone finds out yoru actual name, then suburn, then check phone book etc etc...

i agree that people might feel uneasy about having to prove they are not fucktards and might actually be trackable if they behave badly, but.....
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Tue, 11 October 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
after having $10 grand put on one creidt card and $2 on another when i bought a new computer nothing goes on it!thank god the bank new it wasnt me that put the money on the cards.i can track you down stew.the club started because of the forum or email forum as such.
mick
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 13 October 2005 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Youngy wrote on Tue, 11 October 2005 13:28

I was just wondering Witzl what you feel the forums make up of the toymods club in percentage terms?

Thanks

The forum is just like the Toymods trailer, it's a resource that the club owns to help out the members. The forum is just that, a resource owned by the club to assist our members.

The fact that the forum also allows us to promote the greater Toyota Community while serving it's main purpose is a great thing. If however the forum stopped serving it's main purpose of helping out the club members or the Club members all wanted to get rid of the forums then there is no reason why we would continue to run the forum.

The Toymods board are committed to furthering the community of Toyota enthusiasts but our primary role here is to serve the club members who elected us.
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 13 October 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Josh, all of what you said is true. However, despite quoting my question you failed to answer it.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: new forums help Thu, 13 October 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my opinion toymods club and toymods forums are one and the same thing.a toymods car club member will learn more about modding cars on the forums than they will at club meetings etc.its a time thing.1000 times more questions are answered on the forums than will ever be answered at meetings.it all started to pass on info and for like minded people to get together,nothing has changed just time has gone by and the board members have come and gone as there lives have got busyer etc.the Internet is hard to communicate sometimes because body language and expressions dont come across as they should.dont get me wrong i am a prick,but a nice prick.lmao
mick
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: new forums help Thu, 13 October 2005 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i both agree and disagree Mick...

i've learnt lots off the forums, but i've also learnt lots more and met several people and made some good friends and contacts through the club.... and many of those people have imparted knowledge onto me.

That's my experience though.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: new forums help Sun, 13 November 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just see if I can get some help here, because I cant do anything on the new forums for some reason. I signed up maybe 4/5 days ago and I can log in alright and edit profile etc. But I have not received any mail saying Im activated. I can view threads but I cant even open up pictures which have been attached in threads? I cant post anywhere either to ask whats wrong so Im limited to here.

I just get this for a lot of things:

Quote:

Callifo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1 .Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it that Im still waiting to be activated?
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: new forums help Sun, 13 November 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im the same as callifo, except unable to edit profile, only look at posts.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: new forums help Tue, 15 November 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd say you havent been activated.... josh has been pretty busy lately.....
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: new forums help Tue, 15 November 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Callifo wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 13:03

Just see if I can get some help here, because I cant do anything on the new forums for some reason. I signed up maybe 4/5 days ago and I can log in alright and edit profile etc. But I have not received any mail saying Im activated. I can view threads but I cant even open up pictures which have been attached in threads? I cant post anywhere either to ask whats wrong so Im limited to here.

I just get this for a lot of things:

Quote:

Callifo, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1 .Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it that Im still waiting to be activated?

I thought I posted in this thread already?
Anyway I'm the same, only I signed up like... a month ago or more. Perhaps 2 even.
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: new forums help Sat, 19 November 2005 04:40 Go to previous message
Can these forums be left open until the backhaul of activations are finished then. Because otherwise we wont be able to get any help what so ever.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:new forums
Next Topic:Denied Membership - New Forum
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:47:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.009894847869873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.