Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » New Toymods Forums????

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 10:53 Go to next message
hey poeple

just want to say WHATS WITH THE NEW FORUMS.

toymods.net???
wats rong with the good old toymods.org???

and the fact i had to re register annoys me also.

anyone else have some thoughts.

cheers scott
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=80200&start=0&rid=355&S=28bb1d5c79cc 3ea22c2ae6010dee41b7

basically it is prettier, more functions, faster, better control over tools.. etc etc etc
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol, i didnt know there was a new forum
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHAT?? NO OUTHOUSE?!?!?!?!?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
note the "non-car discussion"
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a lot safer, you have to give a lot of info of yourself and have it approved, it stops dodgy people selling stuff, and disappearing among other things like sellers. Looks like also you can only sell toyotas nothing else "List your Toyota or Toyota engined vehicle for sale here." about time, ausrotary has that system and they quickly delete anything non-rotary for sale. It will replace this forum and there will be a small link to come back to this forum. The new toymods flyers say www.toymods.net not .org .
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:26

It is a lot safer, you have to give a lot of info of yourself and have it approved, it stops dodgy people selling stuff, and disappearing among other things like sellers.

and stops bubbles having 10,000 accounts Laughing

and yeah i found non car discusion
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mynameisrodney wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:30

smt_007 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 21:26

It is a lot safer, you have to give a lot of info of yourself and have it approved, it stops dodgy people selling stuff, and disappearing among other things like sellers.

and stops bubbles having 10,000 accounts Laughing

and yeah i found non car discusion

yes you even need to give your engine chassis number and they check if its real Shocked .
MarioM
Regular

January 2005
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah what is with that chassis code? in any case when is everyone going to migrate to the new forum? what will happen to this forum as well?
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarioM wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 22:12

Yeah what is with that chassis code? in any case when is everyone going to migrate to the new forum? what will happen to this forum as well?

it will still be there, but the new forum will be on the main page with this current one in a link in the corner.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm, i dont want to give my details. then i wont b able to write about how i out ran the po po 3 nights in a row....

ill just make them up. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

i always liked the little bit of chaos going on here. from the choping of photos to not giving a shit and having no reverance for follow toymoders, it made things more interesting, and gave me a reason to waste time at work.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it a MUST to put in chassis number? i just left it blank. my car is at the panel beater still and ive got no clue what the number is
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think most people left it blank - i know I cant remmeber mine, and sure as hell cant be arsed finding it out.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when does the changeover happen?
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 23:01

I think most people left it blank - i know I cant remmeber mine, and sure as hell cant be arsed finding it out.

I thought by chassis code it meant like RA28 or AE82?
That's how I did it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps it's time to ditch the old Shraka nickname when I sign up for the new forum... hrmm.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 00:01

Perhaps it's time to ditch the old Shraka nickname when I sign up for the new forum... hrmm.

i have seen a few ppl have changed nicks like teh famous ke382tg is YLD-16L....
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hhmmm what shall my nick be?? Rolling Eyes

Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time for a new Start if you want to change user names.

The new forums runs the same as the current ones, except the board has decided to tighten up the login process to stop spammers and tools, All the information is un-viewable even by yourself after you have been validated. It is just to help with the people that have issues with dodgy sales etc.

AFAIK the stie will become toymods.org when this site is locked and archived
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 06 October 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lambolica wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 08:03

AFAIK the stie will become toymods.org when this site is locked and archived

how long have we got?
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm it lacks anonimity but i guess it COULD be a good thing Confused
easily dodged though
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of the preventions that ausrotary takes is that your not aloud to sign in with a public email address like hotmail or yahoo. Only email addresses provided by the ISP, this stops from people having multiple accounts and school kids logging in.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but i only have a hotmail. that would be shit.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 10:27

One of the preventions that ausrotary takes is that your not aloud to sign in with a public email address like hotmail or yahoo. Only email addresses provided by the ISP, this stops from people having multiple accounts and school kids logging in.

i can tell you now there ARE ways around this. just not gonna point out how to do it. so far everything can be faked so there is no way to tell if the details someone puts in there are genuine

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 00:55]

Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats right, they can't keep track of new free email providers, but its better than nothing.
Sigmeister
Regular

June 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps rather than telling everyone there are holes in the system, suggest ways in which this can be fixed.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Changed my username to...

*drumroll*

...Nim.

I'm sick of Shraka as my handle. Nobody pronounces it right and I made it up when I was 12.

Although I don't appear to be authorised yet. Confused
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Authorising takes a while, your logged in but cant post till your authorised.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 11:31

Hrm. Would it be bad that I put a fake address in? I didn't realy think about it, it's just automatic to put a fake in when signing up to things online. It's got my real postcode and state.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that little green icon under the users avatar... please dont tell me thats a user rating system? Confused
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the green box is user reputation, so you can see who the tools are.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also the club members are tagged Cool .

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 02:58]

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
through the ear like a stud bull? Smile

actually ive got a question regarding the new forum..

how come in the Forums Sponsors list... ImportBitz isnt listed?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I signed up yesterday and I'm still not approved to post. Sad
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Thu, 06 October 2005 19:31

yes you even need to give your engine chassis number and they check if its real Shocked .

A) There is no such this as an 'engine chassis number'
Its either 'engine number' or 'chassis number'
B) The above differs to 'Chassis CODE'
Code is ST185, MX73, MA61 etc etc etc

Shraka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 14:55

I signed up yesterday and I'm still not approved to post. Sad

Give it a couple of days, they have heaps and heaps to process.
You'll probably be able to post on monday.

hamgatan wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 11:14

actually ive got a question regarding the new forum..

how come in the Forums Sponsors list... ImportBitz isnt listed?

They just haven't signed up yet, but I'm sure it will be done soon.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 08:10]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 07 October 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, heaps of your questions are already answered here:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=81276&start=0&rid=883&S=e21a182fcba1 bd1377faf0a74482fafd

Please read the above thread before posting these questions all over the place repeatedly.

I'll just give a couple of quick points.

# All user signups are moderated. Give bullshit details and you'll be rejected
# Personal details are hidden and secure from EVERYONE (minus admin) following signup form submission.... even from you!
# www.toymods.org.au will ALWAYS be the URL.
# The user reputation system is being used. It rocks, because it stops wookies from being wookies.
# The Outhouse is NO MORE. Non-car discussion is for just that - not for bullshit spamming and post whoring threads.

Lastly, the changover and increased resctrictions have been put in place to stop the Toymods forums being lowered to a standard the club does not wish to be associated with.... that's where these current forums have reached.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 October 2005 11:43]

muaythaiman
Regular

August 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Sat, 08 October 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a win-win situation. I hardly look at these forums any more. Good on ya guys!
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Sat, 08 October 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just signed up, decided to stick with "shinybluesteel"

And with regards to the email thing, I do have a legitimate web based one provided by my ISP, but i also have another 14 email addresses allocated to me, and i know most other ISPs provide such a service as well.

cant wait to see the new tech section, it would be nice (though time consuming) if a topic had to be approved before it was started, to cut down on all the "usual" or stupid tech questions.
pilot
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Sat, 08 October 2005 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The "new response" email changed it´s format in this forum, right? the new format lacks a link to the topic. Each time I receive one of those new emails I have to click on "reply" or go to the forum and look for the topic; I cant find a way of getting to the topic directly.

I posted in this topic because I thought that it might be related to the new forum modification.
pilot
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Sat, 08 October 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I researched a bit and found something interesting. Two topics from the same sub-forum when a reply is posted, send different format emails. How is that possible?

The topics are these:
This one gives the "odd" email without link to the topic:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=82770&start=0&rid=3247&S=92afa9d3bf8 0751b0bc91a78af00597b

This gives the "nicer" email with link to the topic:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=12833&start=0&rid=3247&S=92afa9d3bf8 0751b0bc91a78af00597b
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Sun, 09 October 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some of the humour and senseless topics and rants and raves were the best part of this forum, only need to see the number of posts etc on Outhouse. It'd be such ashame to kill it. Even perhaps a link to a subforum off the page.
Maybe even with a lil disclaimer stating that Toymods is not responsible for any of the content of this page etc etc. And we can talk all the bs we like and go on with non work safe pics haha.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Sun, 09 October 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 23:00

Some of the humour and senseless topics and rants and raves were the best part of this forum, only need to see the number of posts etc on Outhouse. It'd be such ashame to kill it. Even perhaps a link to a subforum off the page.
Maybe even with a lil disclaimer stating that Toymods is not responsible for any of the content of this page etc etc. And we can talk all the bs we like and go on with non work safe pics haha.

but you can do that on any other forum. it doesn't add much, apart from being able to take the piss out of ppl etc, but it certainly attracts the wookies...
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Mon, 10 October 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive gotta say im impressed with the speed of the new forum. i think toymods is moving in a positive direction with it and developing its professionalism quite well.

but n00b = wookie? oh thats not fair. chewy is teh win! Sad

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the new forums are tops. i think the people that bitch and whine about crap like supplying their real information and not being able to post rubbish topics arent about to contribute anything worth while, so if get rejected for application or whatever will only make it a better place.

the admin is not about to use your information against you, its for your own protection. and remember why the forums are here in the first place. its for toyota related discussion, if you wanna talk crap and make stupid posts do it elsewhere. i dont know why people feel they need to have one over the moderators by supplying bogus information, i bet these people are the ones who are causing all the trouble in the first place. Rolling Eyes
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Mon, 10 October 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pilot wrote on Sat, 08 October 2005 23:11

I researched a bit and found something interesting. Two topics from the same sub-forum when a reply is posted, send different format emails. How is that possible?

The topics are these:
This one gives the "odd" email without link to the topic:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=82770&start=0&rid=3247&S=92afa9d3bf8 0751b0bc91a78af00597b

This gives the "nicer" email with link to the topic:
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=12833&start=0&rid=3247&S=92afa9d3bf8 0751b0bc91a78af00597b

That was something with these forums.
There are 2 skins/themes, the one you use, and a dark blue one.
When you receive a post notification from someone using a 'dark blue' theme, the link to the topic isn't there.
Its a very annoying thing, that will be gotten rid of soon.
pilot
Occasional Poster

August 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Mon, 10 October 2005 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the feedback!
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Wed, 12 October 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reads all a bit draconian(sp.) really, but hey, who am I to question, I didn't pay for membership.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Wed, 12 October 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't been allowed to post there yet but i can pm ppl ?
Looks good so far !
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Wed, 12 October 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 16:41

Looks good so far !

Yes, you can login but you cant post till they approve you Wink .
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 13 October 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 23:49

Mookie wrote on Wed, 12 October 2005 16:41

Looks good so far !

Yes, you can login but you cant post till they approve you Wink .

Well i'm fucked then
i wouldn't approve me
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 13 October 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
New forum?

No one told me!..
Looks good.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 13 October 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mookie wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 11:57

Well i'm fucked then
i wouldn't approve me

thats ok, just keep putting up pics of your friends and all will be forgiven Wink
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 13 October 2005 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 20:09

Mookie wrote on Thu, 13 October 2005 11:57

Well i'm fucked then
i wouldn't approve me

thats ok, just keep putting up pics of your friends and all will be forgiven Wink

eheh lol

new forums are a happier healtheir safer society Very Happy

that can be sarcastic or serious depending on what level of cultural studies you finished at Macquarie University Very Happy But I am looking forward to when we're all using them, and not just because they look better and run faster!

The whole Toymods site is linked to backend stuff now so there will be LOTS of good information and pictures growing quickly as the days go by.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Thu, 13 October 2005 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent really had a good look, but i think the new forums have a format where if a massif picture is posted, only that post is massif, and the rest return to the "stock" size...

i lub the new forums Smile

my chassis code... YM35, bet you im the only person with that one Wink

Eldar.O.
secagirl
Occasional Poster

April 2004

Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 14 October 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 11:36

smt_007 wrote on Fri, 07 October 2005 11:31

Hrm. Would it be bad that I put a fake address in? I didn't realy think about it, it's just automatic to put a fake in when signing up to things online. It's got my real postcode and state.

If u put in a fake email, how will u confirm it? U need to confirm your email first or it wont finalise your membership.

If u haven't been approved yet- that might be why. It took one day for me. Just thought i'd let u know.
chrisss
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Toymods Forums???? Fri, 14 October 2005 19:27 Go to previous message
personally dont see any prob with the way things r......apart from the slow speed sometimes

but the level of detail required is downright excessive for the new site.....I dont give out personal details on the web to anyone - admin or not (I simply do not trust strangers)

In the long term I think these rules will limit the size of and ultimatly the use of the forum.....people will go elsewhere.....at the moment thats nowhere but other forums will grow at the expense of this one....pitty

also r they not allowing anyone who doesnt own a toyota...why?
what difference does it make what I drive....maybe I want to buy a toyota but dont have one at the moment...

not cool..

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 19:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Present for a 24yr old HELP!!!!
Next Topic:Spinnahz infect the zorstz!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:03:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0089919567108154 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.