Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 04:13 Go to next message
Went to the movies last night and saw a sci fi film called Serenity. It was pretty damn cool, definately a hell of a lot better than the latest Star Wars movies...

Its a western type feel to it, the lead character is a smuggler kind of like Han Solo, but cooler. The story follows him and his crew on his ship as they travel around trying to make a living pulling shifty jobs.

Anyway it was an awesome film and quite funny aswell, definately reccommended to anyone who likes an intelligent action film, not just Vin Diesel blowing shit up.

I found the first few minutes of the film online for free if anyone is interested. It doesn't feature the actual main cast and their ship, it more or less sets up the story but it's interesting none the less.

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2681478?htv=12
http://video.vividas.com/CDN1/3929_Serenity/web/in dex.html

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2005 04:16]

Send a private message to this user    
deltathing
Regular

June 2004
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent seen this movie yet, but ive been watching the series, called firefly (all the same story,character and shiznit)
it's not bad, created by the same guy who made buffy and angel and so on (Joss Whedon)

i wouldnt say its better than star wars though, seeing as they ripped pretty much all their concepts from that and various other classic sci-fi.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that actually looks pretty good.

is it out at village?
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it's at village. It's a good western meets sci-fi. Not corny. Although I'm only going on the series (firefly).
You don't need to have seen the series to watch the movie, so I hear.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you serious? Better than the new star wars movies!!???? I thought it was the worst movie ever, I only saw it because i was lead to beleive it was a cool action movie...but it turned out to be some shitty futuristic, half arsed story line load of crap. The only good thing about it was that the cinema had fold up arm rests so i could go to sleep!!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unforgiven wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 17:36

Are you serious? Better than the new star wars movies!!???? I thought it was the worst movie ever, I only saw it because i was lead to beleive it was a cool action movie...but it turned out to be some shitty futuristic, half arsed story line load of crap. The only good thing about it was that the cinema had fold up arm rests so i could go to sleep!!

You're obviously an idiot then.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...yeh...no worries mate. No No No
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, beating the new star wars movies really isn't a difficult feat Smile

I've heard this movie is awesome, but haven't seen it myself. Of course, Josh is the one who reckons it's awesome, and he has dubious ideas on what makes a good movie Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'm looking forward to seeing Serenity. I've seen all the episodes and I enjoyed it. It has an off-beat sort of feel to it that appeals to me. Also, Kayley, the ships engineer is pretty easy on the eyes. So is that companion-whore chick.

Is River in it? She's a bit wierd.

seeyuzz
river
Ribfeast
Forums Junkie

March 2005

Re: Serenity Sun, 09 October 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
River looks like Gollum lol

Saw the movie last night, quite enjoyed it! Got a copy of the series off my cousin, have to watch it sometime Smile
Marc205
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sun, 09 October 2005 18:47

Is River in it? She's a bit wierd.

I really enjoyed the series, so I've been waiting for the movie for some time. Suffice it to say the movie revolves around River's past and is littered with Whedon-esque dialog and plot twists. Admittedly I was a fanboy to begin with, but I thought it was a good movie. I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I hadn't seen the series though - it really spends most of the time wrapping up old plot threads.

They've got the actors signed on for another two movies, and there are rumours of the television series resuming some time after that.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard some really good things about this movie!

Gotta see it!
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damnit Draven, I freely admit that I love trashy action movies!

And yes, Serenity was no exception. I also feel however, that it would be enjoyable for "normal" people as well, and not just sci-fi geeks like me.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was wondering how long till you'd find me sitting over here paying you out Smile
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I really haven't been up-to-date with my forums trawling lately... too busy working on the damn car!

Oh and speaking of good movies, you should all hire out "The Boondock Saints"... and watch it.

Do it.

Similar atmosphere to Snatch, with a kind of Chopper twist to it. Bloody awesome.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they had the series on Tv, well the first 3 episodes anyway at about 12.30am over here but my dad grabbed a copy off a workmate - they only made half the series before it got canned so the movie is trying to continue off what they didnt get to finish. Im going to see it tomorrow night so goods that it's getting some ddecent reviews.

Catcha
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Serenity Mon, 10 October 2005 13:39 Go to previous message
boondock saints rocks!!
better than snatch imho. definately a must see.

chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Who can read japanese?? Need to translate a small section of a pdf
Next Topic:Top Gun - Motorbike
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:31:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071010589599609 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.