Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Driftspec
Regular

November 2003
New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 00:46 Go to next message
Unsure if these have been posted up yet?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2794/supraconcept4je.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/401/supraconcept24fh.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't actually seen them, but alas they look like a well-done photoshop of the current Supra.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup. Just looks like a 'chopped JZA80 to me.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW! beat me to it driftspec! lol i was going to nab them from the other thread that YOU put up LOL! i was gonna give credit i swear.

Yeah i don't believe this is an official toyota concept or anything to do with toyota. But a dam fine photoshop user.

Gee the front disc brakes look undersized on the hotted up supra pic.

Looks half like a JZA80, part of an sw20 mr2 and something else's headlights.

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 02:41]

dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah a quick google on "glacius creations" reveals a master photochopper.

Dam makes me wonder if all these new supra rumours are purely based on photochops. ("yeah there's a new supra comin out i've seen early prototypes on the inernet")

[Updated on: Fri, 14 October 2005 02:48]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im disgusted to say this but it looks like one of those fandangle 2 door comodores Razz commonly known as monaros haha

not a fan
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind that actualy. Doesn't look all that different from a JZA80 which is good.

To bad it's not official. Sad

Actualy, is it official? I dunno. People in this thread don't seem to think so.
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not official. toyota had nothing at all to do with those pictures except maybe give the photochopper some inspiration
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've lost count of the number of dodgy photochops I've seen hailed as the "new MkV Supra". They've been doing it for at least 5 years now, and everyone seems to swallow it hook line and sinker despite Toyota themselves being suspiciously silent on the subject. Rolling Eyes

Simple rule of thumb: if the info didn't come directly from a Toyota press release, it IS a fake.
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its fucking hot, it fixed the ugly headlights from the jza80
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well in Autosalon Issue 28. They show the new Supra concept among the GTR and NSX. Id rather this one, The replacement 4500GT which was the one that you saw covered up with black shrouds while doing test runs. Not all too appealing IMO, especially the nose.
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: New Supra Concept Fri, 14 October 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the nose in this chop remind anyone else of an MX6?
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: New Supra Concept Sat, 15 October 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the headlights are from some new lexus (might be sc430) which was in Adelaide's carsguide today (sat)
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Sat, 15 October 2005 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On further inspection, the bonnet needs to be longer. Wont be able to fit an inline 6 under there.
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: New Supra Concept Sat, 15 October 2005 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't worry, the other rumour is it't traverse 7afe. FWD for teh MkV
IH8V8S
Newcomer

September 2005
Re: New Supra Concept Sat, 15 October 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks a bit like the hyundai tiburon, i think
guilty_19
Regular

March 2004
Re: New Supra Concept Sat, 15 October 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's a concept.........from toyota or not.........still a concept.....who cares......it looks dam hot

of course toyota arent going to say anything.......they would want to keep something like this under wraps

i like the design tho .....also that funky looking one on the toyota adds with the scissor doors
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: New Supra Concept Sun, 16 October 2005 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it does look pretty dam good!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: New Supra Concept Sun, 16 October 2005 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a new Supra concept. Toyota pull their finger out and produce a new model.
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: New Supra Concept Sun, 16 October 2005 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IH8V8S wrote on Sat, 15 October 2005 18:30

looks a bit like the hyundai tiburon, i think

Hit the nail on the head with that one Wink
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New Supra Concept Sun, 16 October 2005 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
best in the biz i rekon.

http://stream.imma.dk/Zein/Sup/orig%20car%20i%20used%20to%20make%20Supra.jpg

original pic.

Eldar.O.

edit: http://stream.imma.dk/Zein/

his website, and what a site indeed!

[Updated on: Sun, 16 October 2005 18:23]

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Sun, 16 October 2005 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 04:21

best in the biz i rekon.

http://stream.imma.dk/Zein/Sup/orig%20car%20i%20used%20to%20make%20Supra.jpg

original pic.

Eldar.O.

edit: http://stream.imma.dk/Zein/

his website, and what a site indeed!

ewww thats horrific! like a cross between a tiburon and an s2000
DCtrd
Regular

July 2004

Re: New Supra Concept Sun, 16 October 2005 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the side mirror looks way too small on the hotted up version of the supra
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Mon, 17 October 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's HORRID Eldar.O! Nowhere NEAR enough bonnet to fit a I6 under.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Mon, 17 October 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Err that last pic looks exactly like a tiburon right down to the gills on the side and for starters it doesn't look anywhere long or wide enough for a supra let alone engine bay wise as shraka pointed out and unless they intend to go soft like nissan and put a v6 in there (would be a darn tight fit still though the tiburon runs a 2.7L V6) sans turbo's and obviously a smaller 6 too.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Mon, 17 October 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no-one noticed the 'T' badge on the bonnet (designating tiburion) on that Hyundai???

its not a fucking supra concept
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Mon, 17 October 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil_Foetus wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 14:40

no-one noticed the 'T' badge on the bonnet (designating tiburion) on that Hyundai???

its not a fucking supra concept

I did but didn't comment cos i couldn't be bothered editing my post, just look at the wheelbase and there is no way its a supra lol.
I think ppl are just grabbing at straws and anything they see is the next supra concept. Rolling Eyes
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: New Supra Concept Tue, 18 October 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's the bet that toyota isn't even going to make a MkV supra
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Tue, 18 October 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stradlater wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 10:27

What's the bet that toyota isn't even going to make a MkV supra

Pretty good unfortunatly. The market for low price performance cars has kinda dried up I think. People want a normal car, with sporty performance. I think that's why the WRX and EVO are still around. People who want something like a Supra are in the market for something a bit more upscale, or so it seems. That'd be why Lexus has that SC430 deal. Luxury sports cars.
If a new Supra does come out, it's gonna be way more expensive and way more full of wank than the old ones. And I don't see room in Toyota's lineup for one, considering how they keep chopping sports cars. Why woulda Toyota make a front engine rear wheel drive V8 sports car? They already have one. The SC430. More likely you'll see a V8 or larger MR performance car to rival the Euro cars.

Ohwell... atleast the EVO is still about. Very Happy I hear it's twin turbo now?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Tue, 18 October 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 11:09

Ohwell... atleast the EVO is still about. Very Happy I hear it's twin turbo now?

I know it has MIVEC now but still think its a single turbo, they were also looking at direct injection for a while. This is the Evo IX we're talking about Smile.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: New Supra Concept Tue, 18 October 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm glad they haven't upgraded the front of the EVO IX to the new lancer front. That new one is ugly as sin. Still my favorite EVOs are the EVO VIs. *nods*.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: New Supra Concept Tue, 18 October 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 18 October 2005 23:45

Still my favorite EVOs are the EVO VIs. *nods*.

Still the fastest too. Well, the 6.5, that is.

I'm so peeved at the price of the Evo IX. If it came out a year ago, I'd probably be driving one now instead of the Liberty. Sad
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New Supra Concept Wed, 19 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous message
i love the EVO 2 and 3

In a way, i think id prefer if toyota didnt make a new supra, it would preserve the somewhat legend that they created with the previous models.

and they wouldnt fuck it up like a certain mid engined rear wheel drive newfangled ass-mobile.

no offense to MR-S owners of course Smile

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze timing belt
Next Topic:To supra or not to supra?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:17:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085129737854004 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.