Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 2tg power?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blacky112
Newcomer

December 2002
2tg power? Wed, 08 January 2003 11:04 Go to next message
Hey guys, Im interested on what power a worked 2tg can put out, ive herd of some putting out 180hp. Is this true? Any if so could u give a a list of mods to acheive this level. Thanks Blacky.
  Send a private message to this user    
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2tg power? Wed, 08 January 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
being honest heaps of money
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg power? Wed, 08 January 2003 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ask Rod try what was in his 3tg hybrid and what it cost him to build ..

My 2tb as another example was a drag racing prepped motor that cost about 2500 to build and it was prodicinf about 180hp at the fly

lotsa work and lotsa money - that you could otherwise spend on a 3tgteu turbo conversion
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg power? Wed, 08 January 2003 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well over 100hp/litre from an old-school 2-valve atmo engine? Sure it can be done, but we're talking a full race engine here... definitely not something you'd want to drive on the street.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 2tg power? Thu, 09 January 2003 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey what about tim frosts supercharged 2tgeu

thos figures were in the 300's and it was very streetable
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg power? Thu, 09 January 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But it's not an atmo engine is it? Add forced induction and it's a whole different ball game!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: 2tg power? Thu, 09 January 2003 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norbie, what is atmo ?....as in N/A ?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 2tg power? Thu, 09 January 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Atmo = NA.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 2tg power? Thu, 09 January 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouls say 140 hp at the flywheel is reasonable for a pretty basic 2T-G that is N/A.
If you replace the carbies with some webers or find some fuel injection for it (although probably twin 40 DCOE will do the trick), bore out the ports on the exhaust and inlet side, get bigger valves as well, a "wild" cam plus raise the compression (either higher compression pistons or face the head/block a bit), add in either a transistor ignition (kind of hard to do) or some kind of aftermarket electronic ignition system (try MSD or something), custom 4-2-1 extractors and a 2.25 inch exhaust and you might get about 140hp at the flywheel. I'll let you know when I've finished doing all this myself after I've rebuilt my 3S-GE and have allocated enough funds for fixing/rally prepping the 2T-G TA23 that I have Smile
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg power? Sat, 11 January 2003 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From what I hear,the best thing to do to a 2T-G is use a 3T bottom end, (3T crank and pistons). Also boreing it out to 89mm makes it 2 litres with the 3T crank, but the pistons you need are expencive. Getting longer duration cams also helps alot, like 290 degrees. Or maybe 304 inlet, 288 exhaust is what I have heard alot.

I don't think porting will do much for 2T-G, unless you are experienced, as the ports are already big. I'm not sure.

For the most power, 45mm carbs will be better than the 40mm ones if everything else is done. Also a lightened flywheel. The rest is in the engine builders skill and tuning. For the money spent, a 4A-GE can be better, it depends on many things.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2tg power? Sat, 11 January 2003 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blacky 112,

As norbie stated 180 FWHP is acheiveable but I wouldn't call it streetable ! 150 - 160FWHP is a more realistic top end expectation and even then you are looking at an almost full race set up. It would be no cheaper to build anyway !

Jonny 2TG,

Not so sure on your 4AGE comment but either way that discussion has been done before !

FWDBoy,

140 HP is more than acheiveable without touching the Valve size or enlarging the ports. I personally wouldn't recommend either on an Atmo 2TG. A clean of the ports sure and if your pushing for more than 140-150 FWHP then I'd lok at a port job but still not bigger valves !

As for the Ignition a re-graphed points type will work fine but if you want the electronic version grab one off a 2TGEU Smile

Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2tg power? Sat, 11 January 2003 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rod,
Have you got any more info on how the dizzy should be re-graphed. Either for standard or long duration cams?

Vacuum advance is not needed right? And if I put the timing light on my engine, it does not want to rev much past 6500 or so, and I see the timing jumping about at that point. I think I will rebuild the carbies, but is something up with ignition?

I will get a electric fuel pump also, just in case. But I don't think it will fix anything. Any recomendations on fuel pump, for carbs?
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: 2tg power? Mon, 13 January 2003 14:34 Go to previous message
Jonny,

Mate I had Tina's Dizzy regraphed on the Dyno By a Carby Expert over here who specialized in race and rally cars. (Frank Kleinig at Girraween in NSW)

The Vac advance was ditched and the base timing was 13 Degrees.

Tina's Fuel pump was the electric pump fro a Nissan Blue bird. They are mounted under the dar just near the diff and it was $20 or $30 from the local wreckers over here. It seemed to work well and fueled her car no worries at all !

Hope that helps,
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Internal fuel pump
Next Topic:3K Tappet clearance
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:27:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042850971221924 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.