Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
smokem
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Cressidas Tue, 18 October 2005 01:26 Go to next message
Do we have many cressidas here in VIC? Ive been off the road for ages and havent really been active on this forum. Wouldn't mind meeting some other guys that love their cressidas? Would anyone be interested in a cressida only cruise?

Cheers

Andy
  Send a private message to this user    
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Cressidas Tue, 18 October 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1jz cress in vic....just dont wanna get canned by drawing attention to said cress by driving in a group lol...
-Troy
smokem
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Cressidas Tue, 18 October 2005 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enough hehe, did you do the conversion yourself or get a workshop to do it? the 1JZ, im very interested in doing that conversion!
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Cressidas Wed, 19 October 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, just my old man and me...took us about a week using a jzx81 half cut (you'd be stupid to do it any other way unless you were using aftermarket ecu or already had a 1j).
All the info you need is right here on the forums.
The cheapest way is to just remove everything you can from the seats forward of both cars and then swap them over. this includes the entire loom that runs around past the headlights, it may need a tiny bit of conduit split near the front right headligt to allow you to seperate it, but its no biggie, just need to cut some tape. All these guys that say you need to send your loom off to get chopped are full of bs. i have no idea about electrics and i managed it and the only things that dont work are the trac control and ABS, which wont work anyway with the jap systems (4 wire as opposed to 3 wire.
Other than that all you need is a nice big fuel pump!
Very Happy
-Troy
i2obert
Regular

July 2003

Re: Cressidas Thu, 20 October 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a couple of vic cressida owners at the last cruise i think we got 8 hahaha but some couldt make it becouse of BHG hahah

there is a cressida cruise coming up at the end of november check the cressida forums www.toyotacressida.net or .com cant rember
smokem
Occasional Poster

November 2003
Re: Cressidas Fri, 21 October 2005 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey bowlsclubboy would u be interested in performing another conversion? For a bit of cash or beer or both? I'd help out as much as possible.. Interested?
bowlsclubboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Cressidas Fri, 21 October 2005 05:02 Go to previous message
Hmm...i'm 2.5hrs away from melb Crying or Very Sad I could probably lend a bit of a hand if you manage to find a jzx81 half cut...otherwise i'm useless to you lol.
But really. If you methodically pull apart the half cut and your car, and then replace everything back into your cressy exactly as you pulled it off the half cut, you should have no snags. The only thing i had to modify (in all seriousness) was just to weld a single nut onto the front rad support to accept the intercooler mount...there was already a hole ther,e it just needed a nut! lol
-Troy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Melb Dyno Battle 8th october( highest outright power takes $300 )
Next Topic:super sprint at sandown
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:28:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053031444549561 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.