Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 00:25 Go to next message
http://www.drive.com.au/DriveTV/ supposedly it is based on the Top gear TV show and will actually test performance cars properly unlike the car show on channel 9.

Heres for hoping, will wait to I see an episode to make final judgement but it looks promising that we might get a decent car show on TV. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All good except the name for the "Speedsteerer". How fugging lame is that?!?!

Oooh.... The Speedsteerer..... He sounds.... errr... speedy... when he steers....
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like its gonna b sold out media garbage. its like "get away" but with cars, and advertisements for car accessories (from which ever manufacturer payed the most).
i bet there wont be ONE burnout\under-steer\spot-of-breaking-the-law all season. i hope i am totally wrong, but what they have written dosnt sound good.

dont they do this show on sat arvos(or used to)? it blows, they take a car for a mild cruise throught the country and talk shit.

why is aust tv so shit????

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 01:25]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah that was the car show on Channel Nine, this is an all new show on Channel Ten, and heres hoping since they are the 'home of motorsport' they'll actually cater for a more performance orientated audience.

In my time the best aus car show i have seen was Behind the Wheel with James Morrison, why cos he is a car freak so they actually drove them pretty hard.

The show that Peter Wherret hosted was before my time lol. Heres for hoping atleast they are taking one car a week round a track.

Oh and as for Aus TV comes down to budget and population look at the UK much larger population on a smaller area same with the US 250 Million ppl, which means there is a larger audience and more dollars to fund a greater variety of programs.
KLR16V
Regular

September 2004
Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why is aust tv so shit????

because aust TV has to follow regulations set by the gov't.
Car manufatures now cant show sports car driving fast in their commercials because it promotes speeding and dangerous driving to young people.

i suppose the same goes for shows like this

i think its gay
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 11:49]quote]
good to get a response from u mate, thought u had me on your ingnore list...

i recon aust tv is shit cos there is no creativity.
and im just sick of all the american crap they show here.

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=illuminatus wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 12:17]
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 11:49

quote]
good to get a response from u mate, thought u had me on your ingnore list...

i recon aust tv is shit cos there is no creativity.
and im just sick of all the american crap they show here.

just wait till the "free trade agreement" kicks in Razz

aussie TV? what aussie TV?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Drive TV Wed, 19 October 2005 02:28 Go to previous message
Me have you on my ignore list what the, you might of had me on yours if you clicked on Gianttomato's link a couple weeks back.

It's not necessarily that they lack creativity, who knows how many shows have been knocked back but the fact remains being in relative terms of population a small country it is hard to find the dollars to fund shows that may or may not get great acceptance.

A purely performance orientated show (thrashing on closed public roads) would have the oldies and the fun police groups jumping up and down saying how its a bad influence for children and p-platers etc. I mean they tried to ban Project Gotham Racing to as ppl could race on the streets of sydney in a "game" let alone seeing someone do it in real life.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Australian Freight Companies
Next Topic:The King of Battery Boxes ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:37:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064358711242676 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.