Toymods » General Car Talk » i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
KLR16V
Regular

September 2004
i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 01:18 Go to next message
hi guys.

i went to Auto1 the other day in search of some TOPGUN ignition leads for my 100kw 4age.

unfortunately, TOPGUN, CHAMPION and NGK don't make the leads for the 100kw motor,
they only make them for the 86kw motor.

so i tried the 86kw leads to see if the fit...and the didn't because of the spark plug cover differences between the 2 engines.

I'm desperate to replace my standard leads that are as big as shoelaces Confused Confused Confused

does anybody know where i can get some...and is it possible to get some custom made if there are none available...

cheers, Daniel

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 01:21]

Send a private message to this user    
WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tried toyota?
im surprised they didnt have them for the 100kw seeing as it is a locally released motor.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm running a bigport dizzy cap on my smallport, it has big lead fittings, easier to get.

mind you, i'm using a coil with a "big" fitting too.

works great!
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got some trd leads on my 20v, pretty sure they will fit the 100kw, but i imagine they will have a set for it.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magnecore will make custom leads for you. I got custom 8mm leads made for my 4agze and it cost $135 probably the same if not cheaper than stockers
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Wed, 19 October 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smallport leads are way smaller than 8mm.

if your engine runs, i wouldn't bother replacing them. i replaced all mine (which were really thin looking) and didnt really notice any difference.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: i can't find ignition leads for 100kw 4age Thu, 20 October 2005 03:54 Go to previous message
yes small port and 20v ones are small.

I was simply stating that "I" bought 8mm leads for that price as to give an indication of how much they cost
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hello!
Next Topic:toyota recall
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:38:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068399906158447 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.