Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Weirdest food you have eaten..

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:04 Go to next message
Weird food you have eaten / seen / heard of..

Weird ways of eating food..

People you know that eat weird food..

Your own weird recipes..

YUMMMYYYYY...!!!! Rolling Eyes

Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

A hot dog. Some odd ingredients in those Rolling Eyes

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 12:37

Quote:

A hot dog. Some odd ingredients in those Rolling Eyes

whats the definition of suspicious?

a hotdog with a foreskin

oh and I have seen someone eat lambs brains before...quite odd
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote: Corona RT142

The strangest thing I have eaten is a pork sword

Rolling Eyes
TRD-86
Regular

May 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how bout on Indiana Jones . How they eat the monkey brain
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
haven't eaten many weird things bar maybe a couple of plants that taste like bubblegum (school excursions in primary school).

I make plenty of weird dishes, when we went camping we had cooked potato tomato sausages and onion left, i mixed it all together and ate it.

Same go for two minute noodles, empty cupboard toss flavour satchet out and add anything and everything, tastes great.

My sister ate a snail when she was little. Been to Yum cha question is what was i eating lol, i didn't touch any chicken claws or fish eyes.

I know ppl that eat oranges like an apple ie skin and all, put peanut butter and jam on their ice cream.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rona, have you ever tried clam?

Sausage and clam go together quite well also, give it a go some day.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but remeber rona...

its not natural for the two suasages to have fun on there own...there must be some clam involved...
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In some Asian countries the blokes get the monkey and puts it in a cage where its head is exposed and the monkey can't do anything about it. They saw the monkeys head off whilst it's still alive and eating its brain while it's crying.

Yummy.

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asians are the masters of weird food.

I've eaten field rats in Vietnam, they looked and tasted like quail.

There's also a Vietnamese delicacy that I eat when I'm drunk, it's called Hot Vit Lon and is just a duck egg, but the chick is half formed. Nice and meaty egg. Yummy with a belly full of cognac.

There's also Nêm, which is raw pig meat that's just fermented with chilli and garlic. Love this stuff, I can eat it by the bucketload.

There are a few things that the chinese eat that's pretty weird to. Like Tiger Penis soup, and Sparrows Nest (a very, very, very rare delicacy that's just basically twigs, mud and sparrow spit).

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 03:53]

Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I have eaten cooked snails, ells and I'll eat anything if you pay me has long its not poison, glass, etc. Also half a liter of metho, Ill never do that again. Did you know that a de-skinned cat with out its head looks like a rabbit.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weird thing i have eaten were chicken feet and cow stomach lining (forget the name for it). Both of them were seedy+
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antyhing that filos eat... i.e. Balut - Duck's egg taken from incubation a couple of days before hatching, the top cracked off, then eaten. You have to slurp down the juice first though, and they say the crunchy beak, claws and feathers are the best bit.
Another one is Dinaguan or something - stuff stewed in pig's blood. Lovely. ARGH Freak

Then again, if I go to yum cha I always get a plate of chicken legs. Confused
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WantaTurbo wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:05

Weird thing i have eaten were chicken feet and cow stomach lining (forget the name for it). Both of them were seedy+

Standard yum cha fare. I'm not a fan of either. Chicken feet is too fidgetty to eat, and I had a bad experience with badly cleaned stomach before.... *puke*
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message

cow stomach lining (forget the name for it)

That would be tripe if I'm not mistaken... Interesting texture Surprised

I recently ate some goat and have eaten rabbit and even pigeon before. Imagine a chicken leg and thigh, shrink it by about 500% and you have pigeon. Was nice though!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had rabbit...not bad..like a stringy version of pork i reckon
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:10

Balut - Duck's egg taken from incubation a couple of days before hatching, the top cracked off, then eaten. You have to slurp down the juice first though, and they say the crunchy beak, claws and feathers are the best bit.

That's the same as the Vietnamese Hot Vit Lon. I don't like them that formed though. The crunchy skull and beak adds a bit of variety to it, but I don't like the texture of feathers. Yuck.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:11

Chicken feet is too fidgetty to eat

C'mon Nark, you're asian! You just shove the whole lot in, seperate the meat and bones, then spit the bones back out!

How about Century Eggs? Confused
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:12

I recently ate some goat and have eaten rabbit and even pigeon before. Imagine a chicken leg and thigh, shrink it by about 500% and you have pigeon. Was nice though!

I prefer quail over pigeon. Don't know why pigeon costs more. Can't be because they're rarer!! (As is the case between crab and lobster)

AE86slut wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:15

Nark wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:11

Chicken feet is too fidgetty to eat

C'mon Nark, you're asian! You just shove the whole lot in, seperate the meat and bones, then spit the bones back out!

Nah.. I hate it. You spend 95% of the time trying to strip the meat off the bone and 5% actually eating the damn thing!
Just give me a big fuckoff chunk of meat and I'm happy. Very Happy

AE86slut wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:15

How about Century Eggs? Confused

Nice with congee, otherwise it's too salty.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 13:10

haven't eaten many weird things bar maybe a couple of plants that taste like bubblegum (school excursions in primary school).

I make plenty of weird dishes, when we went camping we had cooked potato tomato sausages and onion left, i mixed it all together and ate it.

Same go for two minute noodles, empty cupboard toss flavour satchet out and add anything and everything, tastes great.

My sister ate a snail when she was little. Been to Yum cha question is what was i eating lol, i didn't touch any chicken claws or fish eyes.

I know ppl that eat oranges like an apple ie skin and all, put peanut butter and jam on their ice cream.

So you haven't eaten anything weird. Why post?

Back to "Ignore user" for you.
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 13:51

Corona RT142 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 13:10

please delete your post...

otherwhise we will have to hear as to why each and every thing rona posted was legitimately weird..

actually

where did that link go?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-86 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 13:04

Weird ways of eating food..

Your own weird recipes..

YUMMMYYYYY...!!!! Rolling Eyes

Rolling
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:21

I don't see a contribution from you to this thread....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AE86slut wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:12

cow stomach lining (forget the name for it)

That would be tripe if I'm not mistaken... Interesting texture Surprised

Yeah tripe, not a fan at all ARGH I have had pigeon also and have to have to agree its tasty Smile just not enough meat!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've eaten jellyfish, which just tasted like rubber bands dipped in soy sauce.

One sales rep who used to visit us went to a conference in a chinese province renowed for it's "delicacies". There was a couple of aussies and a yank from the same company, and everywhere the local reps took them the yank refused to eat (he lived off snack food from his minibar). The local chinese took this to mean that he thought they weren't treating him well enough and so rather than lose face they went to fancier and fancier restaurants with rarer delicacies like raw urchin, fried cockroaches, sparrow nests etc etc. Still the yank refused to eat. Finally the aussies (who were f**king sick of weird meals they were eating) took him aside and said "unless you eat something, no matter how weird it is, we will beat the shit out of you" Laughing
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apart from stuff like Haggis and black pudding, When i was in Japan i ate everything put in front of me, no matter how raw/slimy/fishy

weirdest thing would have to be a packet of dried fish, looked like small guppies, right up to bigger than goldfish size, heads eyes and everything, lightly flavoured with salt and Nori. Apparently a popular snack food, like eating a packet of chips. Confused
Also found some other weird snacks, like "creamed Colons" Rolling Eyes
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's all Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG!

I've eaten boiled snail once. That was by mistake, in some silverbeat. Mad Raw beef/fish/susho etc. is Okay though - and about as weird as I go. Confused

Like a good buddy once said:

"I LOVE beef!! I wanna pick out the cow, carve off the bit I want, then ride the rest home!"
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:59

I wanna pick out the cow, carve off the bit I want, then ride the rest home!"

That's a Dennis Leary quote.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

On a uni field trip we were observing a burn-off of timber stacks and once they lit them up all manner of creatures came tearing out of the wood piles. Most fled to safety.

One poor sod of a rabbit though ran out of the fire saw 80 odd uni students and decided to take it's chances back in the fire. The screaming sound it made was aweful. Once the fires burnt down to an approachable size we edged forward and one freak saw the toasted rabbit near the edge of the fire. So he fished it out with a long stick tore a leg off and started munching away ARGH

I think everyone has mates that eat things for money but this guy just chomped into the BBQ rabbit without incentives being offered.

Quote:

Apart from stuff like Haggis and black pudding

I've had both of those, as a youngster I was intrigued by black pudding after seeing the episode of the Goodies in which black pudding was the main feature. Might as well eat your own blood booger Rolling Eyes
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tried calfs fry once, wasnt bad.......
until i found out it was calf nuts

but still good eating, then maybe its just a country thing

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 05:08]

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

episode of the Goodies

Ecki Thump ! Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 05:10]

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tiet Canh Vit -- it's like a frichen Vietnamese pizza, with duck blood poured on top.

And if you guys go an eat at south-east Asian restaurants (and sometimes Chinese) and eat a noodle soup, and there's dark-purply nice jelly; that's pigs blood. Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Ecki Thump !

That was it, damn classic.

If you think about it there would be worse things that you unknowingly eat than those you knowingly eat.

Fact:

By the age of 30 most westerners will have consumed semen from 12 different men in their food products Shocked

Had your serve today Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 05:15]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kid at school during a science experiment ate the lambs hearts raw(it'd been in the freezer along with frozen rats).
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 14:36

I don't see a contribution from you to this thread....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sweetbread and jellyfish, not together, but I didn't think they were that odd, given that most of SE Asia will have eaten those items in the last day.

I also have consumed 1.5 litres of Osmolite (nasogastric feed) in one sitting. Just so you're aware, this stuff tastes like shite. I dared to do it for $150 and within a time limit of 15 minutes. In the end, a grand total of $380 was raised. I did it in 2 minutes.

Six of these motherpluckers. The t-shirt is accurate enough.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/corona2jzge/Crown%20V8%20conversion/In%20place/IMG_0392.JPG

Me gagging as I down the last one. You can see some of the empties in the foreground.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/corona2jzge/Crown%20V8%20conversion/In%20place/IMG_0393.JPG

Large quantities of alcohol were consumed later on. A celebratory pint of Guinness was first cab off the rank to wash that putrid taste out of my mouth. Then tequila shots, Drambuie, something with Vodka and lime, more spirits, I remember having trouble with the cigarette machine and then waking up at home in bed.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work GT!

Are you related to Elliot Goblett by any chance?

Re: Jellyfish

How is it prepared?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 13:20

I remember having trouble with the cigarette machine and then waking up at home in bed.

In bed with said cigarette machine?

Was this 'trouble' that she was saying 'no' ?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:25

Are you related to Elliot Goblett by any chance?

Funny you say that. Last place I worked, I left my badge behind for a day and I had a whole new one made with Dr. Elliot Goblett.

Cruzsida, it took me and a girl from work about 4 minutes to work out how to operate the machine, then I realised I didn't have a light so I asked some girl (complete stranger) for a light. I also have a vague recollection about wanting to nail her and (hopelessly) trying to chat her up by asking her where she got her pink pant suit from. I think I provided her with 30 - 40 seconds of light entertainment. She did give me a light so she served her purpose. Laughing

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 05:40]

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emu
Kangaroo
Crocodile
Snake (Cobra even)
Eel
Cat
Ginaue Pig
Llama
Alpaca
Goat
Iama (south american rodent thingy)

I also ate this wierd thing the other day, apparently it was called a vegetable??
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id say pussy, but i didnt really eat it, and i dont remember than night all that well.

Eldar.O.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Squid wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:43

I also ate this wierd thing the other day, apparently it was called a vegetable??

That sounds freaking horrible!!
WTF did it taste like?!
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:45

Squid wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:43

That sounds freaking horrible!!
WTF did it taste like?!

Wasn't good, I'll avoid doing it again if i can!
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Animals eat vegetables so we don't have to! That is why the food chain was invented.

Vegetable is eaten by the animal, animal is eaten by the human (simplified for Toymods viewing)

So in conclusion, avoid vegetables and only eat animals that ate vegetables. You will live happily ever after Wink
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:54

Quote:

Animals eat vegetables so we don't have to! That is why the food chain was invented.

Vegetable is eaten by the animal, animal is eaten by the human (simplified for Toymods viewing)

So in conclusion, avoid vegetables and only eat animals that ate vegetables. You will live happily ever after Wink

More like a life with too many fat cells, everything has to be consumed in moderation,.
For example japan has a big population of over 100s, they hardly eat junk food and enjoy their vegetables and fix, their deserts aren't sweet. I would pay to see one of them eat a sausage.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 06:40]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio he was taking the piss Wink
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote: ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:54

Quote:

So in conclusion, avoid vegetables and only eat animals that ate vegetables. You will live happily ever after

Quote:Dorio

More like a life with too many fat cells, everything has to be consumed in moderation,.
For example japan has a big population of over 100s, they hardly eat junk food and enjoy their vegetables and fix, their deserts aren't sweet. I would pay to see one of them eat a sausage.

I thought it was pretty clear I was taking the piss and not trying to establish a new diet fad Rolling Eyes

My Japanese buddy will be back out here in 2 months, last year when he was out here he ate snags and drank beer like a champion!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 15:54

Quote:

What if you ate the animal that ate the animal that ate the "vegetable"?
Does it still work?
Dorio86
Regular

August 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Theres nothing wrong with beer, it has more protein than milk.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

What if you ate the animal that ate the animal that ate the "vegetable"?
Does it still work?

Yes it works better to the power of 2. The equation is V^2
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 16:48

I wouldn't be drinking either to get protein, i drink milk for calcium, want protein have raw egg shakes Wink .
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

....and sausage has more animal groups than any other known food item.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dorio86 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 16:40

actually, many japanese have mini-weiners (kind cross between hotdog and sausage, and thinner than cocktail frank), for breakfast or dinner.... but always as a part of a varied meal.
japanese idea of a meal is sometimes odd. sometimes you get served quite different things in the same meal, that you would otherwise have thought would not go together Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 16:53

....and sausage has more animal groups than any other known food item.

You including salami as a type of sausage

I don't know i reckon fried rice might come pretty close, all the off cuts from the kitchen lol.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

sometimes you get served quite different things in the same meal, that you would otherwise have thought would not go together

Like skittles, sushi and a side serve of bratwurst Very Happy

When I was in Switzerland I was freaked out by the fact that cereal was not a normal thing to have for brekkie Shocked Half a block of dark chocolate however was the norm or a cooked breakfast.

It's cereal or die for me Wink I am happy to eat coco-pops for dinner if I am feeling lazy Very Happy
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Dorio86 wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 16:48

Theres nothing wrong with beer.

Absolutely! There's a pork chop in every glass. Marvellous stuff!!! Smile

seeyuzz
river
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 17:00

Half a block of dark chocolate however was the norm or a cooked breakfast.

Yeah, I noticed it was pretty common in Denmark to have bread with a slice of Chocolate for brekki, then a smoked eel open sandwich for lunch Confused (washed down with copious amounts of the shops own home brew naturally Very Happy )

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2005 07:37]

Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my girlfriend enjoys eating cream of sumyungai Cool
eroticar
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirty_Sanchez wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 17:51

my girlfriend enjoys eating cream of sumyungai Cool

oh no... No No No No No No No No No

Good call though, I guess its to be expected with a name like 'Dirty Sanchez'.. Razz
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh dear...
Now you'vegot the T started on weird shit...

In Cambodia I ate fried spiders for dinner one night, washed down with the most powerful moonshine (rice wine) in existance. Also in Cambodia, many people are too poor to throw stuff away, so the entirety of an animal is used. This means that the noodle soup/rice soup for breakfast consists of pig's intestine, bones, gristle, various other guts...

To add to the insect/arachnid theme, crickets are almost the most addictive snack in the world! Grasshoppers are also good, along with mealworms and giant water beetles. NEVER eat a silkworm if you don't like foul things...

In Vietnam, I had the usual fare of rat, small birds etc. Although, I couldn't bring myself to eat dog.

At a small market in Laos, there was every type of weird food you could imagine... Including bats. (I didn't eat any of these either).

Closer to home, I'm the dude everyone dares to eat nasty stuff. Usually involves a whole lot of stuff chucked into a glass half full of beer. Anything is palletable if you block your nose and have something at hand to wash it down.

In Macca's one day many years ago, I had a McFlurry, and someone bet me 20c I wouldn't be able to finish it with pepper sachets as an additive. It was actually pretty good. What really sucked was when salt was added. Ruined a perfectly good pepper McFlurry!

/story time
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Weirdest food you have eaten.. Wed, 19 October 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tricky wrote on Wed, 19 October 2005 19:08

Including bats. (I didn't eat any of these either).

Tastes just like rat so you're not missing out on much.
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:for the Linux users
Next Topic:Babes of the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:05:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0094320774078369 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.