Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
4agze intercooler kit Thu, 20 October 2005 14:06 Go to next message
anyone konw where i could buy one before i go off getting custom fabrications? doesnt have to be exact buy close enuff for me to mod it into the way i want it

its for an ae82 just seeing if any companys make it. As i know ir would be easier to do this then to get customs bends etc
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Thu, 20 October 2005 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that i know of
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dam there got custom piping kits for vtec and that and there not even turbo or s/c strange hey, there would be more of a market for the 4agze then vtec
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well not as many people have 4agze's in their ae82's as people who want to turbo their type-r's i guess.

Here is an idea why not design and market your own i/c kit for the ae82 Rolling Eyes
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pkt-rkt wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 13:56

dam there got custom piping kits for vtec and that and there not even turbo or s/c strange hey, there would be more of a market for the 4agze then vtec

dude... they are just pipes with bends, or with silicon pipe bends..

if you can't make one up to perfectly fit your car.... what are you doing modifying a car?

heck, if you are that worried, why not just pay someone to professionally rip you a new arsehole (ie get a workshop to do it)

and how many 4GZE powered AE82's were released by toyota in either australia and the US? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get it custom made, it would be cheaper...
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll sell you all of my intercooler gear (top mount) off my mr2 once I have put my w2a cooler in.
However I am guessing that you want a front mount...
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer fmic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pkt-rkt wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 00:06

its for an ae82 just seeing if any companys make it. As i know ir would be easier to do this then to get customs bends etc

buying a premade mandrel bend is not "custom", that is "buying a piece of bent pipe" Razz

now if you had to one one piece of pipe bent up intricately then it might be custom...

surely you can do it with say.. 4 or 5 90deg bends, some straight, and some silicon tube couplings...

easy peasy Razz

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Fri, 21 October 2005 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 21 October 2005 18:24

surely you can do it with say.. 4 or 5 90deg bends, some straight, and some silicon tube couplings...

easy peasy Razz

exactly what i was thinking
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Sat, 22 October 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://users.on.net/jvizard/myne/intercooler.JPG

I'm not a fan of it, but that's what one of the previous owners did to mine. The tubing goes through the wheel arch and down and under into the IC. I've been thinking about how I'd do it and the only way I can think is to get a slightly smaller radiator and put the pipes around the radiator.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4agze intercooler kit Sat, 22 October 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
flip the IC over so pipes enter at the top...

and see the holes just to the side of the radiator? make them bigger and pass the pipe thru there.. if woried about strength, make a ring of sheet metal and stitch weld it arounf the hole, and also bend the lip maybe 45 deg to give even more stiffness.

then you have much more direct piping?? perhaps?
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: 4agze intercooler kit Sat, 22 October 2005 03:45 Go to previous message
One does enter the top.
Already thought of that, and I'm not worried about strength, I'm just not a huge fan of cutting cars up.
I'm not that fussed, I just posted it to show.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sprinter specs
Next Topic:calibra ???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:50:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042099952697754 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.