Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is....

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omg i hate the fake bonnet vents from supercheap... THEY ARE EVERYWHERE (mainly ford falcon AU or B or something)
  Send a private message to this user    
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

fOOZ86 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:52

you might not like the bodykit and bigass wing on the car but thats only YOUR opinion.

Hey I didn't write that, I quoted that Neutral

mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 10:56

mk1sc wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 01:24

so rice = more looks the go?
so according to rice hater here, how much kw do i have to gain before im allowed to put on bigger rims? or how much faster do i have to do the 1/4 before i get to put on some stickers? is there a forumla i gotta stick to just incase i fall into the rice zone?

The Law!
Stickers
You may only place brand name stickers on your car if you have a substantial performance upgrade from the company displayed, or the specific brand type displayed. Got a Type R sticker? Your car better be Type R spec or better. TRD sticker? You better have a TRD Head Gasket, Cams, and Cam gears. Otherwise it's rice.
Any non brand stickers will be instantly identified as rice, but may possibly be branded "tastefull rice", but that's up to the eye of the beholder.

Rims
If they are heavier than standard and aren't designed to improve your already modified suspension settings, then they are instantly rice.

Paint
Any fancy colours are rice. Once again if this is tastefull or not is entirely up to the person viewing the car.

Bodykits
If they don't provide downforce, lighten your car or you never race on the track then they're rice.

Neons
Rice.

Chrome Engine Bay / Colour Coded engine bay
Rice.

Lowering
If this doesn't improve your handling or you don't ever push it, then it's rice.

Exhausts
If you have a modified exhaust that doesn't gain you any power, then it's rice.
If the tip is substantialy larger than the through width, then it's rice.

Fake Intercoolers, Fake Bovs, Free venting bovs on an AFM engine, Altezza or Clear tail lights, blue headlights, LED Washers, Spinners, fake disk breaks
Rice, Rice, Rice, Rice or Rice, Rice, Rice, Rice, very rice.

Painted Drum Breaks
Just shoot yourself now.

So now you know! Razz

dude according to 'The Law', then i say most of the cars on this forum are rice ( yeh you all know who you are Razz ) with the exception of the very few dedicated drag and track cars

i personally like to modify my car according to 'The Law', but it just maybe means i have similar taste to you and few others. however i dont bag out peoples cars and call them rice just coz they dont fellow 'The law'. as i said earlier not everyones into performance.

to me, rice isnt about cars visual mods, but more to do with the owners attitude towards these mods. eg, its ok if an owner installed a generic bigass wing coz he like the way it looks, but if he installed it with the intention to makes others thinks his car is going to handle better when it doesnt, then thats rice

some model of cars have higher ends version with alot of the addons like sticker, useless bodykit, heavier rims etc... would this be rice from factory? Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt this ricemods.org.au? Rolling
zasa
Regular

October 2004

Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Tempe Tyres stickers and/or cheap chrome rims
2. Red snap-on seat covers
3. Tuning house stickers on the wrong model cars i.e. honda civic with ralliart sticker Rolling Eyes
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zasa wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 16:05

3. Tuning house stickers on the wrong model cars i.e. honda civic with ralliart sticker Rolling Eyes

ages ago i was at rashays liverpool and i saw this i think was white honda accord, and it had the works. all sorts of manufacturers stickers eveywhere including HSV. man that was so wrong, even my friend (who you people would refer to as ricers) had a bit of a laugh

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 06:14]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um lets see sticker one Corona Extra one novelty and goes with car not rice.

Rims slightly lighter than stock, hold wider rubber, one inch larger and also used to correct speedo error slightly, not rice

Paint, stock faded roof, not rice

Bodykits err theres a lip spoiler off an SR corona (ie factory fitment). Not rice

Neons nope

Chrome engine bay nope, i cleaned a few bits with bug and tar remover (dirty again now)

Lowering nope replaced spings with HD standard hieght

Exhaust stock

........ i bought brand spanker black wiper blades last week yet to be fitted nope none listed

Painted drums, well err they're black just like they left the factory.
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 16:14

unless your car runs on corona extra, then it rice Razz Very Happy
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rice? or a dream come true!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 16:22

Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 16:14

unless your car runs on corona extra, then it rice Razz Very Happy

See but i don't count it as rice cos it's original, not that i put it on the car anyway Wink . Though it's probably not the best sticker to have just next to the drivers door when you get pulled over for an RBT Shocked .

Err at only like 5% alcohol i don't think it'd be too good for the car.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mk1sc. I wouldn't say most of the cars that come to meets in Melbourne are rice. Some are a bit.

I'll edit the list with some of your guys comments.

Also, keep in mind that some people like "tastefull" rice. A bodykit on a JZA80 Supra RZ for example, looks good (as the stock front bar is a bit ugly). But it's still rice. Smile
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where you spend ridiculous sums of money on appearence alone or modify soemthign untastefully ie mugen stickers on a toyota
WYSIWYG
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: YOUR opinions on 'what a ricer' is.... Fri, 28 October 2005 18:22 Go to previous message
i think it would be more fun if we point out our very own ricey-ness.
all my stickers are legit and true to the law, except my inspection sticker Smile
I have a/c control panels but no a/c, not even heat
i ride on 16" wheels on a Starlet on the streets because i need a higher cruising speed (not acceleration)
i think my flat black paint job is ricey now. i still cant afford to paint it because i'm still breaking fender work - which BTW is more of a hindrance in racing
my leather seats are actually stripped of internals/mechanisms, which is btw from a corrado. my handbrake handle, shiftknob, HIDs is from an Audi
my tach is big but not in the line of sight Smile
my front chin spoiler isnt actually for downforce, no no no. its for protection from traffic cone damage
my fender mirrors are practically useless

[Updated on: Fri, 28 October 2005 21:20]

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1UZ engine cutaway diagram pics? Anyone have?
Next Topic:$25/50US real-time logger for O2,AFM/MAF/MAP,TPS,RPM found!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:54:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055201053619385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.