Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Kuchie
Newcomer

March 2005

7M-GTE Knock sensor fault Thu, 27 October 2005 15:02 Go to next message
Hi,

did the conversion preserving all the original 7mgte wiring and ecu and i keep getting a knock sensor fault if i rev the car to 4000prm or if i drive the car and it reaches bout 2500rpm, the loom was never cut between the ecu and sensors, continuity shows these cables are good, and i have replaced both knock sensors.

the engine seems a little hesitant when i accelerate too as if its holding back, boost is fine, and i run 98 octane fuel on it.
  Send a private message to this user    
myne
Regular

October 2005
Re: 7M-GTE Knock sensor fault Fri, 28 October 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess it could be possible that there's a loose/worn big end bearing. It'd make a similar sound to a sensor designed to pick up clashing of metal on metal. Perhaps you should ask a toyota service centre what they normally associate knock sensor issues with.
Bad earth?
ECU fault?
loose internals?
1ndecent
Regular

January 2003
Re: 7M-GTE Knock sensor fault Sat, 29 October 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Common fault. Rewire the knock sensor with shielded cable. There are instructions on SOGI or Supraforums, just search Google.
Kuchie
Newcomer

March 2005

Re: 7M-GTE Knock sensor fault Mon, 14 November 2005 12:25 Go to previous message
Found it..

It was the COAX cable. to the knock sensors. must be intermittent and the wires were all green and corroded on the inside.

Replaced it with some RG-58 (being a CB junkie helped) and the faults are gone !!!! no more check engine light.

Would have to say after that and a bit of timing adjustment there is *heaps* more power without hesitation.

Thanks Heaps.

I would have to say i went over and over everything when doing my car mod and i was disappointed over its performance.. im now happy. now just a boost controller... and gotta do somethign bout the clutch
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3TGTE injector problem
Next Topic:working with plastics...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:26:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055038928985596 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.