Toymods » Tech & Conversions » MA/RA/TA6* shock angles for F code IRS

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  MA/RA/TA6* shock angles for F code IRS Tue, 01 November 2005 05:16 Go to next message
Right, at the point of putting coilovers into the rear of my Starlet with the TA63 diff setup. What I need to know is what the approximate factory angle for the rear shocks is so we can copy this with the new turrets that are going in. Current plan is to cut the front towers from a spare KE70 and use them in the rear of the Starlet/Carina floorpan, just need to set the approximate angle we want for them.
If any one else has installed coilovers into their car, would really appreciate any pics you can share. Need to get this sorted before the car can go away to get the cage installed.

Callum
  Send a private message to this user    
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: MA/RA/TA6* shock angles for F code IRS Wed, 02 November 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Where are all the MA61 owners hiding?

Cool
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MA/RA/TA6* shock angles for F code IRS Wed, 02 November 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't have thought the angle of the shocks is terribly important? It doesn't directly affect suspension geometry.
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: MA/RA/TA6* shock angles for F code IRS Wed, 02 November 2005 21:17 Go to previous message
Intention is to use the KE70 front strut tops since I know they will handle the weight, want to set these at the right angle so that the loads are pretty parallel with the force being applied. Car will be used on some pretty rough surfaces so don't want to put unecessary side loading on the shock shaft/strut top. Unfortunately, unless I want to move the bottom mounts inwards then can't really get them vertical which would be the ideal way to do it. Will brace bottom mount, but relocating defeats the purpose of keeping as many factory parts as possible.

Callum
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil pressure during cranking?
Next Topic:single 40mm solex?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 09:46:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01149582862854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.