Toymods » The Outhouse » Adelaide - asian food restaurants

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Adelaide - asian food restaurants Wed, 02 November 2005 21:55 Go to next message
Hi Adelaide ppl

I need to organise a dinner for a bunch of people and their preference is asian food. As I am not the biggest lover of asian food Rolling Eyes any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Wed, 02 November 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wok-in-a-Box
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Wed, 02 November 2005 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go to Gouger St and pick out one Razz
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Thu, 03 November 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea Gouger St.
there is an awesome one called 'ying chows' its really small but excellent food and heaps cheap so you will need to book ahead.
There was also one in the paper on the weekend called 'T chow' or something similar, got a really good review
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Thu, 03 November 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that mandarin duck place still there on gouger? thats an awesome chilli joint! Smile
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Thu, 03 November 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rosegarden on churchill road is great but you need to book in advance also love both ky and Ying chow.

ROSE GARDEN THAI RESTAURANT
Take Away & Dine In 7 Days 125 Churchill Rd Prospect 5082 (08) 8344 9969

Ky Chow Restaurant
82 Gouger St Adelaide 5000 (08) 8221 5411

YING CHOW CHINESE RESTAURANT
114 Gouger St Adelaide 5000 (08) 8211 7998
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Thu, 03 November 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chekc about half way down here: http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=75269&rid=162&S=5abb5b064197576d1ccc61ad 5d966f57&pl_view=&start=0#msg_705907
jonchai
Regular

June 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Thu, 03 November 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't go to the BBQ place near the corner of Gouger st and the Chinatown main street. i think its called bbq city or something. trust me...from an asian point of view..its pOo.
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Thu, 03 November 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ying Chow on Gouger.

Cheap, food is great! Gets really busy so you know its got to be good.

Check it out! but book now!
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Sun, 06 November 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for all of your suggestions guys Very Happy
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Sun, 06 November 2005 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops didn't post under my name Embarassed
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Sun, 06 November 2005 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pick one with lots of asians in there. if its lots of white ppl, its probably a rip off.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Mon, 07 November 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a cool little thai restaurant called Mannee Siam on Goodwood Rd. It does takeaway as well, but the main restaurant bit only has about 4 tables. Usually booked well in advance but if you have a largish group (15 - 30) you may be able to book out the entire restuarant just for yourselves. Cheap and good - corkage is $3, the most expensive main is about $15 and the food is great.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Mon, 07 November 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
b1gb3n wrote on Sun, 06 November 2005 16:54

pick one with lots of asians in there. if its lots of white ppl, its probably a rip off.

That could also depend on whether you like 'asian' food or Asian food. Ie the one full of whities will probably have far tamer dishes, no chicken claws etc.

That being said the one predominantly filled with asian will probably be a more traditional restaurant and will also have better food as well as some weirder stuff.
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Mon, 07 November 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
corona, exactly what im saying. im asian and i go for better food Razz
Quote:

the one predominantly filled with asian will probably be a more traditional restaurant and will also have better food as well as some weirder stuff.
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Mon, 07 November 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmm dogs....tasty
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Wed, 09 November 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When i want asian food, i go to the central market food courts, old one or new one. both good. and get a $5 as much as you can pile on your plate deal. real good food too. i love the sauce at the end, u can have either red or purple Razz
LEVIN GTV
Regular

October 2004
Re: Adelaide - asian food restaurants Wed, 09 November 2005 10:48 Go to previous message
Gerald1 wrote on Wed, 09 November 2005 20:50

When i want asian food, i go to the central market food courts, old one or new one. both good. and get a $5 as much as you can pile on your plate deal. real good food too. i love the sauce at the end, u can have either red or purple Razz

that stuff is soooo bad, but gotta love the value. I feel ill for atleast the next few days if i eat there. Go around the corner and get a better meal for $8, and you save money on the stomach pump!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Worst/Dumbest/Funniest Album Covers...Evar
Next Topic:Early Celica Wallpapers?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:13:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059988498687744 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.