Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

icon13.gif  RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Thu, 03 November 2005 03:34 Go to next message
Ifind it very hard to find Parts that im after or posts that people leavefor a specific model of toyota, could we like branch off for toyotas models?

ie,

corrolla
supra
celica
etc
etc

PLEASE!

or get a fast/ better server.

end rant
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Thu, 03 November 2005 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The simple fact is that the for sale section of the forum is only there as an adenda to the forum. It is of no priority really to the forum.

People who are here only to buy and sell and contribute nothing to the forum or club as a whole really aren't what we're looking for. I can see why you complained though since only three of your last 50 posts, counting this one, have been anywhere other than the classified area of the forum.
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joshstix wrote on Thu, 03 November 2005 16:53

The simple fact is that the for sale section of the forum is only there as an adenda to the forum. It is of no priority really to the forum.

People who are here only to buy and sell and contribute nothing to the forum or club as a whole really aren't what we're looking for. I can see why you complained though since only three of your last 50 posts, counting this one, have been anywhere other than the classified area of the forum.

funny you say that cos 9/10 people are on here from word of mouth that this site is good for buying parts,

sounds interesting.

buying and selling don't contribute? HA!
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool I'm happy to hear that you've done the research to find out how people come to know about the toymods forum. Can I see the data?

The simple facts are that this is the Toymods Car Club's forum. The classifieds sections are there for the benefit of the club members to allow them to sell things they don't want any more. On the new forum if you are not a member of the club you cannot post for sale ads until you have gained enough reputation from other users votes. This is done by contributing to the forum not just cashing in.

As I said people abusing the forum as a free classifieds add nothing to the club who run this forum and therefore add very little to the forum. All people doing that add is extra bandwidth cost.
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 05:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look jsut seeing if it could be done thats all.

cheers.

[Updated on: Fri, 04 November 2005 05:39]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice edit, I guess you did the maths.

What I'm telling you, and what all of the other threads in this area about changes to the for sale section spell out, are that we are not trying to run a free classifieds. We are running a forum for a car club. The for sale area's aren't a focus. We aren't concerned about making selling things on the forum easier. This just detracts from the purpose of the forum, being a knowledge source for Toyota enthusiasts, where they can learn from other like minded people.

I'm not really trying to be rude but people who abuse the forum just for buying and selling really get to me. Then to have complaints that the free service being provided is not as easy to use as you'd like just infuriates me.
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one good decent option would to be to get a decent server??!?!

or even get people to pay for membership.

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They already do. "members" are not forum subscribers, they are Members of Toymods Car Club (inc?), to which you pay your annual membership fee. This forum was set up for club members as a knowledge-base for members, and also (but to a lesser extent) to other Toyota fans in the general public. the new forum for sale section, will specifically be for Club members only, not all forum members. this will reduce the amount of people "using" toymods as a classifieds, and reduce the need for greater bandwidth. Therefore what you are suggesting is already being done on the new forum (which will completely replace this forum eventually0. So if you want access to a faster, easier to use classifieds section, become a toymods member, and hand over the cash!! problem solved.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2DRFT wrote on Fri, 04 November 2005 18:18

one good decent option would to be for me to get a decent server for you??!?!

or even me paying for membership??.

fixed Wink
2DRFT
Regular

April 2005

RE: FS & WTB SECTIONS! Fri, 04 November 2005 10:05 Go to previous message
AWESOME!!!

what im after,

as oldcorrolla said

FIXED! Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:im pretty sure i supported toymods...
Next Topic:Discount for Toymods members
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:44:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.014986991882324 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.