Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Interstate Cruises and Events » Queensland » [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
[QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 03 November 2005 23:37 Go to next message
Taken from twincam, the starlet club is comming as well

Were meeting :
nerang caltex - 5pm
goonda maccas 5.50pm

http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic= 14692

Ok boys and girls, it has been a while since our last visit to Willowbank so the time has come for us to visit the drag strip again. I’ve talked to a couple of people on here and it seems there are a few that are interested so I’m going to try and make a night of it. Kind of like a follow up to the previous “GZE vs 20v” that we organized a few months back.

We need to decide on a date and whether to go on a Wednesday night or a Saturday night. The last was held on a Saturday and we got a great turnout (about 10 or so of us I think) But I know there are some that would rather go on a Wednesday because of the lower numbers that show up, which in turn means the more runs you’ll get.

I’ve been on the Willowbank web site and there are some big events that are coming up so I’m of the opinion that maybe we should wait till those are over. Not sure.

Here is the date

NOVEMBER 2005

30 Wednesday Test ‘n’ Tune

Wednesday Events - Gates open at 5pm and runs commence at 5.30pm

The Australian Nationals are on for the first few weeks in November so that counts that out. Ones that are interested in coming post up when you think would be best and we’ll work it out from the most hits.

It would be really great to get a big group of us together and make this a fairly big event. Put some names to faces and try our best at the strip. From the past drag nights that have been held I think everyone enjoys themselves and has a great time so please come along even if you’re just interested in watching.

Oh and one more thing, those that come on the night 'might' be able to witness a 13sec pass by a ae82 gze on street tyres fingers crossed

YES

20vtc
oakmont
trd rolla
Slow Boy WRX
Splinter
Shaneth
Steve20v
modikaz
schoey
fearlesss- josh - ct9
deralic - heath - t28
ffear - nick - t28

MAYBE

Dandie
AE82SECA
starletqueen - lizzie - tdo4 (last meets winner with 13.8 ?) maybe
ian
rollababe

WATCHING

Forskies

[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2005 23:37]

Send a private message to this user    
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 04 November 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am interested, although I would feel out of place not knowing anyone.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 04 November 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi wats your name ? my names josh..
cool..now we know each other Smile

horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 04 November 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sound good. Don't matter which night to me. 30th sound sweet.
Philip
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 04 November 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meeting spots for some of us so far are
nerang caltex - 5pm

goonda maccas 5.50pm
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Mon, 07 November 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, i am looking at getting to one, but am concerned about making a "big night". more people = less runs.... So i think i may wait till later and maybe do a toymods gathering, as i feel that having a few clubs turn up will only allow us to get in a few runs.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Mon, 07 November 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true true,

but realy there isnt going to be that many cars probably 15 max (from our group) which wont effect how many runs u get.
And honestly if u get there earlier say 5.30 u can have as many runs as u want. One guy got 8 runs last time and he even left early !
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Tue, 08 November 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would anyone want to have a samll cruise or something on a thursday night before this event?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Wed, 09 November 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 13:02

hmmm, i am looking at getting to one, but am concerned about making a "big night". more people = less runs.... So i think i may wait till later and maybe do a toymods gathering, as i feel that having a few clubs turn up will only allow us to get in a few runs.

Josh is right. There is always heaps of cars there regardless. A couple of extra Toyotas is not going to make a big difference. And on the opposite side of getting heaps of runs is that your car will have more heat in it as there is less time to cool down and therefore run slower times.

Also, it seems as though Wednesdays are actually as busy as Saturdays now from what I have heard. Haven't been on Wednesday though so not 100% sure.

My car is off the road as I am upgrading. Won't be back for a while I don't think as it is too hot to race in Summer!
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Wed, 09 November 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been on a Wednesday, got 3 runs by about 10/10:30 was a 1 1/2 hour gap between runs!!! but i think i just lucked out, i may see yous there, if i can find a helmet.

We were looking at doing an old soarer's meet there (old school only had 3 cars lol) so i may try and get them all there at once.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 10 November 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris, wat sort of upgrades are u doing now ! crazy crazy man,

soarer.... he he i might be joining that club soon fingers crossed ;)Wink

if anyones worried about not getting enough runs in then go early like 5-5.30pm
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 10 November 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am changing diff gears, welding diff, fitting taller tyres, fitted new idle speed control valve, resorted some vacuum lines, reinstalled boost controller different way, wire in MV autos manualising shift box, then rewire wolf to do timing. THROW OUT STOCK ECU! Start making some decent power with a retune Very Happy
-Totenkopf-
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 10 November 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Last time I went on a wednesday I got 8 runs in, and that was with a couple of breaks (ie, hour long breaks). I'd come, but I'd much rather have my 850cc injectors fitted and tuned before I next hit the track.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 10 November 2005 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what sort of car do you have? 850's are pretty huge.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 11 November 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im SO THERE!

put me in the definitely there list..

now that both turbo's are spooling, i might do a little better than an 18 Evil or Very Mad

Might even run moderately quickly. We'll see.

Dust: you running the Celsior? - Would be very interested in a before/after kind of race Smile
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 11 November 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dr_Love wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 17:49

im SO THERE!

put me in the definitely there list..

now that both turbo's are spooling, i might do a little better than an 18 Evil or Very Mad

Might even run moderately quickly. We'll see.

Dust: you running the Celsior? - Would be very interested in a before/after kind of race Smile

I would like to, but I got a couple of issues to sort out first, the main thing is the front bumber, its not secured properly, there is movement, would be so embarassed if it fell off half way down the strip lol.

But I am hoping to get it sorted next week.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Sun, 13 November 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 20:36

I would like to, but I got a couple of issues to sort out first, the main thing is the front bumber, its not secured properly, there is movement, would be so embarassed if it fell off half way down the strip lol.

that would be embarassing Shocked
you could do your runs with the front bar removed?
drive it there with the bar on, then just remove it for the races?

oh and slightly off topic --> http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=4479 that sucks for all who have already bought Celsiors. Anyone lend me 5 grand?
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Sun, 13 November 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make matters a bit worse, I hit a dog on Saturday night, was only going about 50 and the dog lived, but ran off, I couldnt find it.

Put a nice big crack down the side of my front bumper, and its even worse now.
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Mon, 14 November 2005 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Sun, 13 November 2005 23:20

Make matters a bit worse, I hit a dog on Saturday night, was only going about 50 and the dog lived, but ran off, I couldnt find it.

Put a nice big crack down the side of my front bumper, and its even worse now.

OMFG
i think i would have cried.

you havent had it painted yet have you? youll just have to repair it and wait till you do.
i still think you should paint it woodgrain..
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Mon, 14 November 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol paint it woodgrain, I would, but I dont want people to think I take it in the butt.

No I haven't had it painted yet, probably wont for a few months yet.
Gleno28
Regular

August 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Tue, 15 November 2005 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good guys, lock me in for maybe in the 28, i'll see if i can get some more too...
Cheers
Glen.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Wed, 16 November 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well since a few of you are going may i suggest a toymods meet up ? or even meet at the goonda maccas with the rest of us .
If your knew and dont know anyone make sure u come say hi. Ill be in a GT starlet with a few other starlets on the night Smile
Dr_Love
Regular

January 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 18 November 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fearlesss wrote on Wed, 16 November 2005 11:53

well since a few of you are going may i suggest a toymods meet up ? or even meet at the goonda maccas with the rest of us .
If your knew and dont know anyone make sure u come say hi. Ill be in a GT starlet with a few other starlets on the night Smile

Sounds great..
It will be VERY obvious which car is mine Razz
horner boy
Regular

February 2003
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Tue, 22 November 2005 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The drags are open on a thursday night now as well but only every 4th or 6th thursday starting tomorrow night.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Sat, 26 November 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am definately comin, will come to the goodna maccas meeting spot, feel free to approach me and say hi, I am kinda shy Smile

Whats it cost by the way?

And can you hire a helmet or something? I dont have one.
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 01 December 2005 03:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just wondering how this testntune went. Any records by 4A powered cars? or any cars for that matter?

was it extra crowded? I would have gone if I hadn't just been a few weeks back.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 01 December 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It wasnt too crowded, but htey closed it early just before it rained, dont know about records but I did a 17.06 @ 85mph, had a few issues, but it only gets better from there Smile
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 01 December 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engine is in your Celsior? Do they sometimes have the 1UZ v8 ?
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 01 December 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic= 15508

heres the results and a few videos
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 01 December 2005 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They only come in 1UZ, but DR Love was there too his has a 2JZGTE in it.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 08 December 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm thats interesting, i would have been pretty quick there then as i am expecting easy 14's. everyone did 16's. anyone pull "quick" runs?
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 08 December 2005 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The corolla beside me did a 14.6 or somethin, I am thinking about going back this wednesday.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 08 December 2005 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 22:33

hmm thats interesting, i would have been pretty quick there then as i am expecting easy 14's. everyone did 16's. anyone pull "quick" runs?

hehe, you can't say that Gavin. Quick is all relative ie. I think my 13 second pass is pretty slow Razz

How did Dr Love go?

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 13:47]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 08 December 2005 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think he is still havin issues, the run I saw was 16.01 or something
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Thu, 08 December 2005 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, that thing should be in the 13's when sorted on stock turbos. Would be about the same weight as the merc with 2jz and that was running high 13's dead stock but with intercooler, auto shift kit and stally.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 09 December 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did we wanna do a toyota drag meet? i know that my mate and i will be going out (probably a sat cause people work) once his car is up which should be very close, maybe you should hold off for a week or 2 dust and we can do a toymods meet out there?

Chris how much time do you need? lol
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Fri, 09 December 2005 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saturdays are impossible for me, I work 10am - 10:30pm saturday and sunday.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Sun, 11 December 2005 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gavin: don't bother waiting for me mate. I have my car manualised now but still have to wire the wolf to do timing and on test drive today my turbo is smoking. Not smoke out of the exhaust but smoke out of turbo so it is either oil in, oil out or seals and need rebuild. I don't think I will be out until February or so, testing before Mini Jam in March.
fearlesss
Regular

November 2004
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Sun, 11 December 2005 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
count me in for a toymods drag meet Smile i might have my soarer by feb !!
adamaw11
Regular

February 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Mon, 12 December 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I might be up for a drag night in a month or two. I've gotta get a few things done on my car before next time though since I wanna crack into the 14s (got 15.0 last time)
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: [QLD] Test n Tune -Wednesday 30th November, Willowbank Raceway - TC.org drag night Mon, 12 December 2005 08:06 Go to previous message
So everyone likes a month or 2? there may be a chance for you yet chris...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Post Interstate Events Only
Next Topic:MA61 Supra off the road, selling parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:46:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066459178924561 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.