Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » New man here! and new question - 1JZ-GE & 2JZ-GE !?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Zonda_93Rus
Newcomer

November 2005

icon5.gif  New man here! and new question - 1JZ-GE & 2JZ-GE !? Fri, 04 November 2005 22:05 Go to next message
Hi guys!
I'm new here, but I am old in japanese cars. Smile
I fond of it since I used to live in Far East of Russian Federation.
Since that I drove
- Nissan Pulsar 1983 1.5 8V Carb 3speed auto tranny and custom 2color ext. (Nice car. First one. U known what is it. It's just like first girl on ur ***k Smile Laughing
- Toyota Carina 1987 1.5 still carb but 16V and 4-speed auto
(clean one, it was just like brand new)
- Toyota Mark 2 GT 1988 (70) 1g-gte 2.0 6-inline TwinCam TwinTurbo air-water intercooler. 4-speed auto (U known that can, doesn't it? Smile Brand NEW engine(just from Toyota dealer). Very nice, powerfull, shape and deadly FAST! I called her - "BMW killer" This is my favorit car. Miss it very much.
- Some Toyota Mark 2 1994 from 1G-FE to 1JZ-GE(2 DIF. ENGINES)
2 of it were really cool: 1) was in poor edition but prev. owner featured it with aftermarket ECU; another one was just fully equipt - just like BMW 7-serie or MB S600 Smile
- Toyota Carina GT 1990. 4A-FHE auto tranny
Just a car. I had some plans about it and 3S-GE, but...
- Toyota Corona GT 3S-FE. Fully equipt. It was my sound project. 5.1 instalition Smile
- Toyota Celica 3S-GE ST202 Nice, good handle, very sexy. Stock. Only good aftermarket audio and rims Smile
- Nissan Primera GT Wagon 1997 SR20VE CVT-M6 big and nice wagon which can blow Prilude or Celica on the road and transfer 4 off-road tires Smile
- Toyota Chaser Tourer S TRD Sports 1998 1JZ-GE VTT-i 4-speed auto Full aero package TRD, LSD TRD, carbon interior and ect.
Very-very nice car Smile pics later Smile

My question IS:

What I have - 1JZ-GE QUIPT WITH VVT-i, AUTO TRANNY AND NICE FEATURE IN THE BACK - LSD!
What I can take now - 2JZ-GE and manual tranny from Supra 1996 (My friend crashed it)
Engine: I want built 2JZ but save VVT-i feature Smile

quests in my head:
Diff. in 1JZ and 2JZ heads? ports? (If it the same I can use it directly in "new" engine.)

ECU. don't want to buy and prog. aftermarket ECU. Will it enouth to correct air/fuel by Apexi AFC?

Guys, we r really freshmen in 6-inline engines. any advises!!!
I am open to any advises!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New man here! and new question - 1JZ-GE & 2JZ-GE !? Sat, 05 November 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ head will fit to 2JZ bottom end. You will need to check the compression ratio just to make sure you don't end up with an engine with very high compression ratio. Also not sure what timing belt you end up using.

With regard to ports, I suggest you just use the 1JZGE intake manifold just to make your life easy. The VVTi motors use a fuel pressure regulator in the fuel tank. Exhaust ports are the same between 1JZGE and 2JZGE so use which everexhaust flows better. The VVTi 2JZGE has beautiful factory headers - see if you can find a set of those - not sure how hard that is in Russia.

You will need to make a special oil line for the VVTi solenoid.

I suppose you could use Apexi to control fuel.
Zonda_93Rus
Newcomer

November 2005

Re: New man here! and new question - 1JZ-GE & 2JZ-GE !? Sun, 06 November 2005 14:14 Go to previous message
I've checked Toyota's parts Catalog.
Timing belt is almost the same (1JZ - 13568-49025 2JZ - 13568-49035)
Valves are the same.
There are some dif. in in/ex headers and thbody.
Fuel rail are the same but injectors are dif.

On my VVT engine fuel pressure regulator is in it's usual place - on fuel rail.

"everexhaust" - What do u mean?

Now it's 200ps/26kg, Stock 2JZ VVT is 220ps/30kg

Just 20ps and 4kg in gain. Not much.
According my friend's words his Supra run about 7sec on 0-100 and 15sec on 0-400m
But my Chaser is on ~40kg lighter, I run on 16" rims vs. his 18" and I have LSD. What do u think, Can I break 6.5sec on 0-100 and be close to 14s?

[Updated on: Sun, 06 November 2005 14:38]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Request to check idea for progressive water injection / where to buy fast switching solenoid?
Next Topic:21rc igniter wiring
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 17:45:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052869319915771 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.