Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 3sgte cambelt timing marks?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boosted162
Newcomer

July 2005

3sgte cambelt timing marks? Sun, 06 November 2005 05:33 Go to next message
Hey how is ppl? i've spent last couple hrs looking & looking for a pic specs or wot eva on the cam timing marks for gen1 3sgte? in particular i need to know the position of the keyway on crankshaft at TDP no1???? urgent need car going again help please NE1?is it straight up straight down or alittle to the left or a little to the right? most likely straight up or down??b but i don't know car ain't goin hung ova have to go out've town help please!
  Send a private message to this user    
3sfe
Regular

March 2004
Re: 3sgte cambelt timing marks? Sun, 06 November 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just put the bottom cover back on with 2 bolts and put the crank pulley on loosely and line it up to 0
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3sgte cambelt timing marks? Sun, 06 November 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a groove in the cam and a hole in behind the gear, line these up with cover off the put the wheel on with the 'S' up as straight as poss. and put in the dowel to the most lined up hole both cams if you have your backing plate on there is two dents about 10mm long going up/down pressed into the backing plate above where the 's' marks should be, then you turn the cams to these marks and the dot on the gear, and make it match the belt gooves as best you can, thats how i did it?
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: 3sgte cambelt timing marks? Sun, 06 November 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and the key way is straight up and down, with the pulley mark on zero

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 3sgte cambelt timing marks? Sun, 06 November 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pull #1 plug out and put a screwdriver down there, highest point is TDC. Easy Very Happy
boosted162
Newcomer

July 2005

Re: 3sgte cambelt timing marks? Tue, 08 November 2005 05:19 Go to previous message
thanx fer ur advice guys! Had a couple berrocca & went back out & brain kicked in! all went sweet after that!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sealant required on 2t-g head gasket
Next Topic:where the hell is the st165 turbo pressure sensor????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 01:32:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056509971618652 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.