Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » putting a shim in a brake caliper..ok for track use?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
barned01
Regular

September 2003
putting a shim in a brake caliper..ok for track use? Sun, 06 November 2005 10:44
As I try to work out my best avenue for upgrading the front brakes on my celica, i am just curious about one method.
I currently have a set of rx7 calipers and saw a previous thread from cool1 about putting a spacer in there to suit a larger disc.

Initially i was going to find a disc that didn't require a spacer
Which i found but before attempting the upgrade i saw a mate enter his car in a track day and it looked like a good lot of fun.

So now i am back to the brake upgrade thing again and understand that thicker discs last longer on the track.

now if a spacer is put into the rx7 caliper to suit a thicker disc, what happens with heat in the caliper system.
Will there be enough heat to warp the spacer and cause the caliper to leak. Is it still a tried and proven thing to have a caliper with a spacer for track days or are they a little bit more fragile and i should be looking for a caliper that just suits a thicker disc in the first place.
cheers
Damien
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Can SOMEONE URGENTLY tell me if this is the 105kph SPEED CHIME for my SOARER *pic*
Next Topic:3sgte vs 3sge block
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 21:09:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049660205841064 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.