Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lamphant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
4age transplant into Vitz Sun, 06 November 2005 12:39 Go to next message
hi there guys and gals. a friend of mine is looking to modify his Vitz. its not an RS, it has in the 1.3l engine. at first he was thinking about using the 2ZZGE but after some research changed his mind and i told him that his best bet would be to use the 4A-GE engine.

i would like to hear y'all thoughts about this, would be beneficial, has it been done b4, and how difficult could it be?
  Send a private message to this user    
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Sun, 06 November 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if he can get his hands on a 2zzge, then by all means GET IT!

where are you located?

In NSW, not sure about other states, I don't think you can get an engine that's older than the chassis because of emissions and all that. check the legalities first
Lamphant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Sun, 06 November 2005 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where i am locted we don't have to worry about any MoT's or exhaust emmisions. i am located in Barbados. in the Caribbean near jamaica.

4age are easily found and can be found really cheap, as for 2zzge dem hard to find here
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Sun, 06 November 2005 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by all means go for it then
Lamphant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Sun, 06 November 2005 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go for what de 2zzge or de 4age, i've been told that the 4age is a lil easier to use (less fabrcation) and parts more readily available and alot of options (NA, turbo, supercharger) compared to the 2zzge that ain't really that popular.

also if i swap de 2zz i gotta get an aftermarket ecu, cause the new celica and runx carry a sensor or some sort of electrical sensor in the ignition that senses the key. so i would have to get that. wouldn't make any sense swapping in a 2zz and then when we go to start de car won't start
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Sun, 06 November 2005 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you dont have to worry about emissions then 4age will n doubt be a cheaper option. every 2zz ive seen around here the wreckers want your first born for them.

and yeah there are buckets of options for the 4a.
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Mon, 07 November 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's been done more than once. i've seen this happen in victoria (unfortunately it cannot be engineered here, hence unregistered but really good fun), and overseas it's very common especially in malaysia. The 20V won't fit unless the car is chopped up, but otherwise a bigport will easily slide in with some fabrication and minor chassis adjustment. With a 4A-GE you'll need strut braces and some reinforcement, and definitely need to work on your suspension otherwise it becomes a hazard. Otherwise i reckon they should make this setup from factory.

Lamphant
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Mon, 07 November 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i guess the 4age would be the way to go then? what about the original Vitz RS engine, what can be done with that performance wise compared to the 4age
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Mon, 07 November 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Mon, 07 November 2005 09:48

if you dont have to worry about emissions then 4age will n doubt be a cheaper option. every 2zz ive seen around here the wreckers want your first born for them.

and yeah there are buckets of options for the 4a.

SSS had a 6 gearbox and 2zz engine for $2200 altho it didnt have the stock ecu so you would need something exotic to run the vvtl-i
TRD_07
Regular

September 2005
Re: 4age transplant into Vitz Tue, 08 November 2005 08:38 Go to previous message
Lamphant wrote on Tue, 08 November 2005 10:27

so i guess the 4age would be the way to go then? what about the original Vitz RS engine, what can be done with that performance wise compared to the 4age

if you're talking about the 2NZ-FE.. not much. Nobody seems to have anything for them and any mods you do e.g. bigger injectors, throttle body, even just a sport air cleaner, requires some ECU work and the ECU is untouchable as far as i know. i myself am experimenting with then 1NZ-FE and just changing the airbox to a direct induction item (AEM replica) and the car runs weird.

but there was something around about a VVT-i and I-VTEC controller which i'm trying to chase. that's a fuel controller as well but not sure if it's reliable coz it's made by some taiwanese company or something
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2jz-ge > Turbo (or as the American's say NA-T)
Next Topic:Hybrid VS MA70 Intercooler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 6 00:23:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055410861968994 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.