Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Do these wheels make my ass look big?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oae-86
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Do these wheels make my ass look big? Thu, 10 November 2005 13:49 Go to next message
I have SSR Formula mesh wheels to go onto my AE86. They are 15 x7" on the front and 15x7.5" on the rear. I was hoping to fit 205/50/15 tyres on the front and 215/50/15 on the rear but 215 are not available in any brands. The only option is to go 225/50/15. could run a 195 front and 205 rear but wanted to fill the guards out. Does anyone own or have seen an AE86 with 225 rear tyres. Would it look o/k or is it a bit to big.There is no problems with fitting them under the body. What do you guys think. Todd
  Send a private message to this user    
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Thu, 10 November 2005 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buying tyres based on looks aye????
Anyway, I put ma61 wheels on my pos sprinter, with the supra sized tyres, it looked like a monster truck, didn't help that the tyres had white lettering.
And 7.5s would fill out the guards with 195s in the rear if you had the right offset. I like 185 or 195 on sprinters, i don't think you need more tyre than that.

dan
oae-86
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Thu, 10 November 2005 16:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The look aspect was not my only reson for wanting a large tyre. I was trying to limit wheel spin when coming on boost but I know what you mean. I think you are probably right with the size that suit a sprinter. 195/205 do look good. I didn't want it to look like a HQ kingswood with large fats on the back.
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Thu, 10 November 2005 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
215's are available...they just cost around 350-400 per tire (stupid GT4 tires)

I think pirelli made some, and also Yokohama....tho for that price u wouldn't worry about it
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Thu, 10 November 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Do these wheels make my ass look big?

No.
Wheels do not make your donkey look big.
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Thu, 10 November 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just get some really good sports/semislick or something in the 195's or 205's range...

i had sports tyres on the stock wheels on the ae82 gze and they gripped very good for 175's... i put std 195's tyres and they suck
Purple_Beasty
Regular

May 2002
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Fri, 11 November 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 205/50 front, 225/50 rear on my KE70 ute. Will try to get pics this weekend to give you an idea of proportions. Running 15 x 6.5" rims with P25 offset.

Callum
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Fri, 11 November 2005 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
despite popular belief i think size is important.

I got 205's. I want 255's! Very Happy

MUAHHAHA! Mad

and yes ur ass is huge!
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Do these wheels make my ass look big? Fri, 11 November 2005 02:56 Go to previous message
Read the thread "why dont i lose traction"

Size aint everything. Fats will give you straight line grip on a dry super flat sticky drag strip.

Wider tYres are probably gonna give a bit better straight line take off traction on a dry road.

Once you introduce cornering (its usually unavoidable it seems Rolling Eyes) and rough / not dry surfaces its a whole different kettle of yabbies.

Its all about the coefficeint of friction with da ground. This is gonna be determined by a LOT of very co-dependant factors.

For example, area in contact with the ground, and downward force per unit area. As you can see these two factors are a trade off. If we put bigger tyres on, there is more area but less force per unit of area.

The hot tip is that the best answer doesnt necesarily lie up the big fat tyre end of the scale, but rather a balance of these two and about a hundred million other factors.

The main point of this post was to demonstrate that the word for the black rubbery things that go round our wheels does not have a fuckin "I" in it in our country. Please be warned or the next offender will have the national spelling & grammar police kickin your freakin door in!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BAD LAG on my 1G with a T04S.. What do I do?
Next Topic:4AGE CAM..Degree
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:02:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044150352478027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.