Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » scuba diving???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1ZZFEWagon
Regular

August 2004
icon14.gif  scuba diving??? Fri, 11 November 2005 03:54 Go to next message
any diver here???

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/670000-670999/670429_10.jpg

Lets Dive!!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 11 November 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
muff diver?
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 11 November 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w3rd yo! Diving is the shit.

Just as an aside, who else has the shits with the government about the restrictions on diving with grey nurses? You can no longer legally dive at a known grey nurse colony without a commercial outfit and a donation of $20 to the government... Not happy jan!
Bill Sherwood
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 11 November 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep!
Just got my PADI licence thingy a short while ago.
Also starting to buy some gear so I'll be ready to go around the end of the year.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 11 November 2005 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
been a few times. me and my gf went to the outer reef off port douglas in july. it was awesome got to swim with reef sharks
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Sat, 12 November 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys I work in a Dive Store in Parramatta, Sydney.

If you need any gear or training, give me a PM
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Sun, 13 November 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im a big diving fan, mainly dive to spearfish, catch crayfish and gather marine life for my S/W aquarium Smile. Don't have a ticket though cause ive got a home made hookah and Bauer tank filler. Should probably get it though for when I go on holiday to a good diving destination.

[Updated on: Sun, 13 November 2005 23:44]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Tue, 15 November 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes Smile
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Tue, 15 November 2005 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF!1!!1!!1!!!

WHEN you start you are allowed to comment.

I've even got Ed to commit to it.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Tue, 15 November 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob might have some closet secrets......

.... but he's not telling Wink

*tiptoes away*
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Wed, 16 November 2005 00:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1ZZFEWagon wrote on Fri, 11 November 2005 14:54

any diver here???

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/670000-670999/670429_10.jpg

Lets Dive!!!!

Yes in the picture.

Rob, share and enjoy.
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: scuba diving??? Wed, 16 November 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just don't freak out and swim really fast to the surface or you will get the benz and die.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: scuba diving??? Thu, 17 November 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey this is weird i just got an email from PADI
Quote:

Dear Chris,#0511A74436

Congratulations on your PADI Diver certification. I hope diving brings as much joy to your life as it does to mine.

Here at PADI we always try to improve the quality of training, and we need your help. Please take a moment to answer a few questions regarding your PADI training. Your answers will help us to ensure educational quality and diver safety.

Please be aware that we are testing a new online system. This test, and others, will allow us to perfect the system. During this time of testing we ask that if you have a problem, please close your browser and click on the link below again. If you repeatedly have problems, please send an email describing the problem to: webmaster@padi.com with “New CEQ” in the subject line.

If you haven't received your card yet, it is on the way.

Thank you for your assistance. Best wishes for all of your diving adventures.

Sincerely,

Drew Richardson, President and Chief Operating Officer, PADI Worldwide.

does this mean im certified now? i filled in some forms and crap when i went on my last dive in july but i didnt really pay any attention to them.

chris
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Thu, 17 November 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK you should have received a temporary card when completed, then your original soon after, but it may have been sent to the dive centre for collection.

Did you actually do a full openwater course or just a single experience dive? If the latter then there is no card. Was it here or overseas? If overseas you are probably screwed and need to redo some stuff if you have a logbook filled in for your training if local then first contact the dive centre and tell them you never received it, fill in the card never received form.

If they are no help let me know and I can search the padi stores site for your certification and request a replacement card not received.
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: scuba diving??? Thu, 17 November 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i only did 1 dive that time. i couldnt be bothered chasing it up, when i go next time it will be with a begginners group anyway. i'll get a certificate then. i just thought it was wierd that i only got that email yesterday when i did the dive in july.

chris
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Thu, 17 November 2005 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The forms you filled in would have been the usual disclaimers, one set for US standards and another for Australia.

Stupid thing is they are the same document but workcover don't accept the PADI printed docs but we can create our own as long as they are identical to what the PADI one says. Plus you actually need to get a medical in Autralia while everywhere else you only need a medical if you answer yes to a question.

Get a group together and come along. Let me know and we'll work out a deal for a toymodder.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Thu, 17 November 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much is a PADI course worth now?
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 18 November 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm going to fiji tomorrow, but i couldnt talk my girlfriend into taking a dive course before we left, so now i dont get to dive. Hopefully next year I'll convice her. It's been years since ive been scuba diving. Got my own fins/mask/snorkel now tho Smile
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 18 November 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely you can go diving without your GF? Man, if I only got to dive with my GF, I would never go below 15m, never dive in currents and have a maximum bottom time of 30mins... Oh well, I guess we were all pretty unco when we started!
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: scuba diving??? Sat, 19 November 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checklist:-
B CD
W eights
A ir
R elease
F .....(cant remember)

my instructor taught me:-

B londe
W omen
A re
R eally
F un

Cool Cool

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2005 09:34]

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Sat, 19 November 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF?

Womer

Course is ave $395- depending on which store though. Some pro dives are 4195- backpacker specials but.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: scuba diving??? Sat, 19 November 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i meant women Wink
mynameisrodney
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: scuba diving??? Sat, 19 November 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt BWARF easy enough to remember anyway?
Laughing BWARF!!!11ELEVEN
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: scuba diving??? Wed, 23 November 2005 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diver here too.

Anyone dived in the Maldives? Awesome stuff! The amount of life there is insane! I've got some good videos too from snorkelling/diving.

I wanna dive the GBR. Only been to the Whitsundays, at the time it was too rough to go out to the GBR. Sad

Also dived Jervis Bay. Good stuff there. Blue Gropers that follow you around. Leafy sea dragons, giant cuttlefish.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Wed, 23 November 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone else hookah dive here?

Quote:

Blue Gropers that follow you around.

I shot a giant blue groper about 2 years back, feel pretty bad about it now and hence I don't shoot them anymore. Tasted pretty bloody good but Smile
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: scuba diving??? Wed, 23 November 2005 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha You prick.

You could've saved me some!! Very Happy
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Wed, 23 November 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It bottomed out my 30kg scales, I heard blue groper this big are more than 15 years old. I didn't go down without a fight though took 2 spears. You are right im such a prick Very Happy It's flesh had a fatty/greasy texture on the outside (in a good way) never seen that in another fish before. Melts in your mouth :drools:
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: scuba diving??? Thu, 24 November 2005 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blue Groupers are great. There is one in particular at Home Bommie, Ulladulla, which follows you around, and all of a sudden, if you turn around, there is a big friggen fish in your face! It's happened every time I've dived there bar 1!

Jervis bay is tops! The variety of contrasting dives there is phenomenal. There is everything from pedestrian shore dives to wrecks to narked out deep stuff. I haven't spent nearly enough time there.

Has anyone here dived Burri wall at Bateman's bay? From what I gather, it isn't a commonly dived site, but it is amazing! It's a big drop off covered in life, and last time we were there, we had a surprise visit from a >2m grey Nurse!
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 25 November 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fucked thing is you can't spear them and thats fine as it's not really that hard.

Go line fishing with the right bait and catch as many as you like.
71SPECIAL
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 25 November 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just don't freak out and swim really fast to the surface or you will get the "BENZ" and die.

Would that be a sprinter??? coz that would be a good thing right???
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: scuba diving??? Sat, 26 November 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
clubagreenie wrote on Fri, 25 November 2005 17:47

Fucked thing is you can't spear them and thats fine as it's not really that hard.

Go line fishing with the right bait and catch as many as you like.

You can spear them in WA. I think the bag limit for fishing and spearing is 1 cause they are becoming endangered.
MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: scuba diving??? Sun, 27 November 2005 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have done my PADI course. Wasn't too big a fan though. Its was fun but i would rather save the money and just Free Dive.

Just got back from up north on a diving trip. Got a 8kg Jewie.

I have heard Perth is the bomb and i can't wait to get over there and hit up some tuskies and coral trout.

Heres my fish.

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01403j pgchanged9gx.jpg

And which shop is in Parramatta?
Is it like FROG dive or something?
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: scuba diving??? Fri, 09 December 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
Hey all,
Some videos I took when I was in the Maldives.

http://users.on.net/~nark/Maldives%20diving%20Vide os/
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:japanese parts
Next Topic:q_unit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:29:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0084638595581055 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.